• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

DMczaf

It's Wednesday Night Brock

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o1_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o2_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o3_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o4_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o5_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o8_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o9_250.gif

tumblr_na6pxy6y1m1sj4xr4o10_250.gif

It feels like she is also breaking the 4th wall with that smile. Like smiling at the viewer on some "look at this shit, yea we did it right before SS, so what"

You're not the only one. I wouldn't be surprised if was the intention with that smile. More so with her hubby trolling everyone with that $9.99 talk the other week.

“This is the most immersive WWE game in history,” boasts a press release issued by game developer Yuke’s, “making players feel like they are actually being annoyed by dimwits at a live WWE event.”

The digital fans in the game, many of whom are wearing ratty old nWo shirts, seem oblivious to the fact that CM Punk has not been seen in WWE for eight months and has insisted that he will never return.

Other new features intended to enhance the realism of the game include:

Obstructed views due to fans holding misspelled signs in front of the camera
Commercial breaks in the middle of matches
Other annoying chants, such as “Goldberg” (during Ryback matches) and “What?!”
Non-stop jabber about the WWE App and WWE Network (“It’s only $9.99″) by commentator Michael Cole
Every playing session begins with a 15-minute in-ring promo by Triple-H
oH2n439.gif

Why the fuck did we get guest hosts again? Was there any off-screen reason for it? (On-screen it was due to Trump, right?)
That was early PG WWE where they were getting more and more away from wrestling. They considered themselves a "variety show" and banned words like wrestling and any cursing. It made for a dull, lame product.

Aiii

So not worth it
That was early PG WWE where they were getting more and more away from wrestling. They considered themselves a "variety show" and banned words like wrestling and any cursing. It made for a dull, lame product.

While now we have glorious things like calling people "YOU BITCH" and the program is that much better for it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rodriguez was fired for slapping Cody Barbierri, the WWE’s Manager of Social Media Live Events, at television last week. According to several reports, the incident happened at catering. Someone made a remark to Barbierri about not cleaning off his plate, and as a joke, he said that was Del Rio’s job. Rodriguez wasn’t there at the time, but the joke, which he obviously took as a racial remark got back to him. He confronted Barbierri and said he didn’t appreciate the remark and wanted an apology.

One performer noted that the story going around was Rodriguez slapped the shit out of him and Barbierri was on the floor, and that the firing wasn’t so much that he slapped him, but how hard he slapped him.

The incident reportedly took place on 8/5 in Laredo, when much of the crew had already left for the Australia tour. According to those who have talked with Rodriguez, he was told after the incident, on the show that he strangely worked as a babyface against a heel Jack Swagger, that he was being suspended for a short period of time, until just past SummerSlam. The belief is that Barbierri threatened to sue the company, and at that point the feeling was for legal reasons, they had no choice but to let him go. Paul Levesque called him on 8/7 and let him go and he reportedly was furious.

Wrestlers, at least the ones we heard from, were sympathetic to Rodriguez. One said of Barbierri, that he was a jerkoff who was very arrogant, but said he was intelligent, but his attitude flew under the radar of management. Another noted that he had a few situations while on the road over the past year and had a reputation for talking down to wrestlers, but had the backing of Stephanie McMahon and was a key player in WWE’s social media department that had been nominated for key awards.

The talent overall was very sympathetic to him, because many didn’t like Barbierri. It was also felt that Barbierri hadn’t apologized after making a racial remark. However, at TV this week, we were told it was something nobody was talking about.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer describing Eva Marie in matches and segments will never get boring:
Eva Marie pinned A.J. in a non-title match in 1:03. Eva Marie also got no TV entrance. A.J. took her over in a headlock spot that wasn’t botched. Paige came out skipping around like A.J. A.J. was distracted and Eva pinned her with a schoolgirl. Paige then did a poem, which was pretty good, but since Heyman had already done a rhyming promo this was not the show for it. This was “Roses are red, wood chips are beige, I’m sorry I pushed you right off of the stage.” A.J. jumped out of the ring and destroyed Eva, throwing her into the barricade. What made this memorably bad is that Eva only took a headlock takeover, won the match, and then was on the ground selling minutes later like she’d just been destroyed by Lesnar. The only thing I could think of was somebody backstage had an Eva voodoo doll or something.
Paul Orndorff (who had a crazy Wyatt Earp mustache and seemed really happy to be there, and got kissed by both Eva Marie, who had recovered from the voodoo curse, and Rosa Mendes, who is back as a brunette)

Recall

So is there really not a subset of wrestlegaf that like to chat about quality matches, new and old? All I ever see is Kane mentions and Diva love.

It was just hilarious because she did get little kiss blowing taunt after she won and then suddenly she was just on the ground. I was like wtf happened to you? Oh nevermind, you're Eva Marie, it doesn't have to make sense.

So is there really not a subset of wrestlegaf that like to chat about quality matches, new and old? All I ever see is Kane mentions and Diva love.
you stumble in at the worst possible times, it seems
wait was he gonna continue saying something about Orndorff or...
dude sounds like a dick. the social media guy, i mean.

Aiii

So not worth it
A lot of signs are confiscated on the door according to some reports.

For house shows they take them, at least they did over here. Thoroughly pissed off the girlfriend of one of my mates, who spend quite some times on making one. Had to toss it in the trash.

Not sure what they do at TV shows.

Recall

image6uzla.jpg

So I've been going through DVDs which I have plenty of and stumbled across these two UK NOAH shows from 2008 when they came to Coventry and Farrington. I was at the shows and thoroughly enjoyed them live, even with strange things happening like wrestlers gear getting lost by the airlines and sending someone to a sports shop to buy jogging pants and running shorts for the wrestlers to wear. And the ramp being waaaaaay too high compared to the ring, so amateurish, so British.

I don't think I've even watched any Misawa matches since he passed away so it is quite a surreal watch.

Edit: Picture won't load :/

image6uzla.jpg

So I've been going through DVDs which I have plenty of and stumbled across these two UK NOAH shows from 2008 when they came to Coventry and Farrington. I was at the shows and thoroughly enjoyed them live, even with strange things happening like wrestlers gear getting lost by the airlines and sending someone to a sports shop to buy jogging pants and running shorts for the wrestlers to wear. And the ramp being waaaaaay too high compared to the ring, so amateurish, so British.

I don't think I've even watched any Misawa matches since he passed away so it is quite a surreal watch.

Speaking of Noah, I was just watching this match a couple days ago.

Love the pacing of the match and some of the tag work.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk...nto-miyahara-noah-shiny-navigation-2008_sport

Have you been watching G1? I'm slowly getting through it and it's been pretty fun so far. Just finished watching this match
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...atch-katsuyori-shibata-vs-tomoaki-honma_sport

Damn that crowd was nuts.

image6uzla.jpg

Oh yeah, I was at that Coventry show as well, outside of the main event the only thing I remember is D-Bry heeling by not letting us sing The Final Countdown.

Top Bottom