• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

So is there really not a subset of wrestlegaf that like to chat about quality matches, new and old? All I ever see is Kane mentions and Diva love.

There's a few of us, but anything posted like that usually gets lost in the shuffle, which is a shame. We should have a weekly viewing club, or something, where people get to nominate a match for the week that everyone then watches and rates.

Seeing those NOAH DVDs makes me regret I ignored British wrestling for so long.

Kornflayx

There's a few of us, but anything posted like that usually gets lost in the shuffle, which is a shame. We should have a weekly viewing club, or something, where people get to nominate a match for the week that everyone then watches and rates.

I would totally be down for that. It just has to be something on youtube or dailymotion that anyone can watch.

alstein

That would be pretty awesome, I could nominate a few for that here and there.

Do they have to be good matches, or can I go kuso on you all?

Recall

That sounds great and I would totally be up for it. And it doesn't just have to be puro just anything that is something we can totally sit back and enjoy.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
WrassleGAF,

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!
Found out this morning - so thrilled (though would have been just as thrilled if a girl!)

I was rooting for the name Bastion (Bastion Booger) but Mrs.Spider isn't going for it.

Please GAF help us come up with a good name - I'd like something wrestling related of course!

I love WWE, PWG, WCW, TNA, ICW, a lot of Japanese stuff particularly (yes I know ICW isn't Japanese.)

Help me GAF, you're my only hope, without you Mini- Spider will be named something from the Famous Five or something - help!!

name him Crazzy Steve. make sure you get the two Zs, a lot of people miss out on that

WrassleGAF,

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!
Found out this morning - so thrilled (though would have been just as thrilled if a girl!)

I was rooting for the name Bastion (Bastion Booger) but Mrs.Spider isn't going for it.

Please GAF help us come up with a good name - I'd like something wrestling related of course!

I love WWE, PWG, WCW, TNA, ICW, a lot of Japanese stuff particularly (yes I know ICW isn't Japanese.)

Help me GAF, you're my only hope, without you Mini- Spider will be named something from the Famous Five or something - help!!

...is this REALLY spider

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF,

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!

Good post, that gaming-side topic is all :|

OK, so if everyone who wants in to this weekly wrasslin' watching thing lets me know, I'll keep a list and work out when match nominations are due - we could probably do 3 matches, so 3 people get to pick each week. I'll PM people for their nominations when it's their turn then make a post with the links to that weeks videos. Assuming there's more than just a handful of us interested in this :p

So far;

• Bootaaay
  • KRNFLX
  • Alstein
  • Recall

That sounds great and I would totally be up for it. And it doesn't just have to be puro just anything that is something we can totally sit back and enjoy.

Yeah, definitely - no set time period or region, I'd like to see a lot of variety in matches chosen.

That would be pretty awesome, I could nominate a few for that here and there.

Do they have to be good matches, or can I go kuso on you all?

Hah, as long as you think people'll enjoy watching a match, good or bad, then it's worth posting.

Spider from Mars said:

Congrats man!! How about Stan, after the goddamn lariat Stan Hansen? Um, Bret? Oh, Hawk or Animal! Yes, that'd work.

OK, so if everyone who wants in to this weekly wrasslin' watching thing lets me know, I'll keep a list and work out when match nominations are due - we could probably do 3 matches, so 3 people get to pick each week. I'll PM people for their nominations when it's their turn then make a post with the links to that weeks videos. Assuming there's more than just a handful of us interested in this :p

So far;

• Bootaaay
  • KRNFLX
  • Alstein
  • Recall

Yeah, definitely - no set time period or region, I'd like to see a lot of variety in matches chosen.

Hah, as long as you think people'll enjoy watching a match, good or bad, then it's worth posting.
I'd be all about this if I have the time. It's unfortunate when someone will post a match and it goes unnoticed. Hell, the match I posted on the last page probably won't be viewed by anyone.
Plus I know I miss a lot of stuff since I can't be around 24/7. You usually post a shitload of stuff but I know I don't catch it all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If that post wasn't a parody, Spider, I'm sorry. But I reckon it was. If you are creating a babby I'm not looking down my nose at you in earnest.

jred2k

Most of the matches people link seem to be posted when I'm at work. By the time I get home they are usually pages ago. If those get aggregated by day or by week, I'd be a lot more likely to watch them. Maybe the matches for the week could get posted to legitshook.com so there is an easy place to find them.

For now I'll just put my name in on the list Bootaaay posted.

Well, here it is

lol dat simulation lol dat 'KoC' card shit they pull EVERY year

Honestly, it's a blurry off screen demo with two people learning the controls. I know they pull a lot of shit every year but I need more before I shit on them.

The only negative I see is that the old animations are mixed in with the new. Orton using the ropes to pull himself up looked great.

jred2k

Honestly, it's a blurry off screen demo with two people learning the controls. I know they pull a lot of shit every year but I need more before I shit on them.

The only negative I see is that the old animations are mixed in with the new. Orton using the ropes to pull himself up looked great.

The presentation does look really good. Is all that loading because they were skipping the intros or has there always been that much? I seem to remember seeing a lot of loading screens while watching GWF. They need to make that more seamless.

The presentation does look really good. Is all that loading because they were skipping the intros or has there always been that much? I seem to remember seeing a lot of loading screens while watching GWF. They need to make that more seamless.

The loading seems faster here but there definitely is some between intros. Hopefully my PS4's SSHD will shorten them sufficiently.

Hasney

Am I gonna get shit if I state that people that put [HD] in video titles of blurry cam videos should get slapped to hell and back by Albertoooooooooooooo?

Techincally, it has the requisite number of pixels, so it's technically correct... The best kind of correct.

Had my 5-0 start in WWE SuperCards broken.

shocked_undertaker_guy.jpg

The streak....is dead, Maggle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hm, my initial cards include Big John Studd, Bo Dallas and AJ.

This game knows me.

I also got Zack Ryder, who for some reason is an uncommon card.

I got all my cards, and then it shows a list of them, and all I can do is look at them. There's no button to play the game.

My rare was D. Brine, "Flying Goat" variant. I also got Sandow and Slater.

My wife got #BNB for an uncommon. Her rare was just a blue dot.

jred2k

I got all my cards, and then it shows a list of them, and all I can do is look at them. There's no button to play the game.

My rare was D. Brine, "Flying Goat" variant. I also got Sandow and Slater.

My wife got #BNB for an uncommon. Her rare was just a blue dot.

Christian's a rare?

According to The Wrestling Observer, Kurt Angle has been pitching a deal to WWE officials which would see him return to the company and work a schedule similar to that of Shawn Michaels in his final years with the company.

The return deal would see Angle work limited dates and bigger events.

Despite Angle’s pitches, however, WWE is reportedly not very interested in Kurt Angle returning to the ring, and Vince McMahon has been very negative about an Angle return in the past. This doesn’t necessarily mean the company won’t bring him back, but WWE might be more interested in him returning similarly to how Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan have returned, which is not in an in-ring capacity.

Hmmm

Sephzilla

I'd mark a little bit if Angle was a surprise rumble entrant.

lol @ vince being afraid of kurt dying in the ring. i don't think vince is concerned about that, he's more concerned about "will him dying in the ring get us network subs?". Vince will trot out a 65 year old walker bound John Cena if it means he'll get something out of it.

I'd mark a little bit if Angle was a surprise rumble entrant.

lol @ vince being afraid of kurt dying in the ring. i don't think vince is concerned about that, he's more concerned about "will him dying in the ring get us network subs?". Vince will trot out a 65 year old walker bound John Cena if it means he'll get something out of it.

This is unfair. He'd trot out a 65 year old walker bound John Cena but he wouldn't make him wrestle. The whole reason Kurt ended up in TNA in the first place was because the WWE wanted him to take time off to heal (and get off pain killers) but Kurt wanted to go go go.

So far;

• Bootaaay
  • KRNFLX
  • Alstein
  • Recall

Congrats man!! How about Stan, after the goddamn lariat Stan Hansen? Um, Bret? Oh, Hawk or Animal! Yes, that'd work.
I'm up for the weekly match viewing Boots

Played the tutorial match against the AI. This seems like it could be good. I've been meaning to try Hearthstone to see what all the fuss is about.

Top Bottom