• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

A few questions:

- How do you activate your card's special ability?

- All of my original cards say 'in use', so I can't get rid of my Steamboat card to train my Pro Del Rio. How do I change it?

- Can someone link me to a tutorial?

strobogo

Banned
Man, Pacific Rim is about 1000% times better than Godzilla. Can't believe there are people who think otherwise. PR keeps it fun and playful, monsters look cooler, fights are better, people are way more interesting.

Sephzilla

Man, Pacific Rim is about 1000% times better than Godzilla. Can't believe there are people who think otherwise. PR keeps it fun and playful, monsters look cooler, fights are better, people are way more interesting.

cm+punk.gif

jmdajr

I don't know about the percentage but yes.

strobogo

Banned

Motherfucker you know I'm a Godzilla mark, but that movie was boring as dog shit until the last 15 minutes. Not interesting at all. PR keeps it fun, playful, and entertaining from the start. I can't even see how someone could make an argument that Godzilla was better. It's not better at anything that PR did.

PR: Better action, better monsters, better human characters, better pacing, better editing. BETTER.

Motherfucker you know I'm a Godzilla mark, but that movie was boring as dog shit until the last 15 minutes. Not interesting at all. PR keeps it fun, playful, and entertaining from the start. I can't even see how someone could make an argument that Godzilla was better. It's not better at anything that PR did.

PR: Better action, better monsters, better human characters, better pacing, better editing. BETTER.

Genuine question, how do you feel the original 50's Godzilla has held up? For someone who holds that original movie in much higher esteem than everything else that followed it (though trust me, I love many other Godzilla movies) the most recent remake was a movie much more to my tastes than Pacific Rim.

PR nails the fun monster mash em up wrestling esque fun found in a lot of Kaiju movies. Godzilla presented believable and scary giant monsters. At least that was my take on it. In PR, when a building gets knocked down, I think 'wow! look at the size and strength of that thing!' in Godzilla I think 'fuck... there were people in there...'

Different strokes for different folks etc.

Sephzilla

I liked both movies equally, to be honest. I think Godzilla's writing is a bit more solid though. Neither movie had main characters I'd remotely call interesting, the best characters in each movie don't get enough camera time.
I was perfectly okay with Cranston's character dying when he did though. His purpose in the the movie was fulfilled and he would have had nothing else to do.
I thought the monsters in both movies were well designed. The cock teasing of Godzilla did get a little frustrating but I think the payoff was worth it. I liked all of Pacific Rims action sequences but in all honesty I did get a little bored of CGI fights by the end of that movie. After watching 2014's Godzilla I also went back and watched some of the Heisei movies just for kicks and I actually don't mind the 2014 director's decision to hold back the monster fighting until near the end, in retrospect some of the native Toho movies do kind of blow their load with monster battles too early in the movie.

If there's any one really big complaint I had with Godzilla was that I was hoping it would be more of a straight kaiju horror movie like the original. The trailers built it up to be that, and instead we got more of a mid 90's Heisei era movie with anti-hero Godzilla.

I liked both movies equally, to be honest. Neither movie had main characters I'd remotely call interesting. I thought the monsters in both movies were well designed. The cock teasing of Godzilla did get a little frustrating but I think the payoff was worth it. I liked all of Pacific Rims action sequences but in all honesty I did get a little bored of CGI fights by the end of that movie.

Godzilla's 3D was a lot better too, imho. It did a much better job of demonstrating the size and scale of the monsters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Genuine question, how do you feel the original 50's Godzilla has held up? For someone who holds that original movie in much higher esteem than everything else that followed it (though trust me, I love many other Godzilla movies) the most recent remake was a movie much more to my tastes than Pacific Rim.

PR nails the fun monster mash em up wrestling esque fun found in a lot of Kaiju movies. Godzilla presented believable and scary giant monsters. At least that was my take on it. In PR, when a building gets knocked down, I think 'wow! look at the size and strength of that thing!' in Godzilla I think 'fuck... there were people in there...'

The remake of Godzilla gave away too much. They didn't do that back in the original because it would have been too obvious that it was all cheap effects, but the short glimpses made you realize the threat instantly. Where as the remake just hammered you over the head with it.

Sokantish

TR is awesome, I can understand the poors(Right, sunny?) that can only afford one console might be upset that they have to wait for a couple of months

jmdajr

I haven't even had time to play the previous TR incarnation. And I'm not talking the ps4 version but the one I bought for 360.

I guess fight the good fight if it matters that much to you. Doesn't even rock my world.

strobogo

Banned

I like the original and the majority of Showa and Heisei era movies. Godzilla 2014 was just boring as shit and Kick Ass was UNBOLELIEVABLY wooden and boring. The pacing of a monster movie from the 50s just doesn't work in 2014. It wasn't horrifying or scary. It was just dry and super boring. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't. The last 15 minutes can't make up for the previous 2 hours. Maybe I would have liked it better with a different lead.

PR had main characters that didn't make me want to fall asleep or see them die, plus some fun side characters.

Heroman

Banned
I like the original and the majority of Showa and Heisei era movies. Godzilla 2014 was just boring as shit and Kick Ass was UNBOLELIEVABLY wooden and boring. The pacing of a monster movie from the 50s just doesn't work in 2014. It wasn't horrifying or scary. It was just dry and super boring. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't. The last 15 minutes can't make up for the previous 2 hours. Maybe I would have liked it better with a different lead.

PR had main characters that didn't make me want to fall asleep or see them die, plus some fun side characters.

But pr was the same way, after that battle in hong kong you have to wait a real long time to before you see another battle, and that battle was fucking shitty. And most of the character of pr were fucking terrible.

Carnby

WrassleGAF,

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!
Found out this morning - so thrilled (though would have been just as thrilled if a girl!)

I was rooting for the name Bastion (Bastion Booger) but Mrs.Spider isn't going for it.

Please GAF help us come up with a good name - I'd like something wrestling related of course!

I love WWE, PWG, WCW, TNA, ICW, a lot of Japanese stuff particularly (yes I know ICW isn't Japanese.)

Help me GAF, you're my only hope, without you Mini- Spider will be named something from the Famous Five or something - help!!

Wow Spider! When did you get married? It seemed like just yesterday you were posting about dating. Congrats my friend. Being a father is best thing that ever happened to me. I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Top Bottom