• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Cool, added you Aiii & Sibersk

Alberto Del Rio at the AAA TripleMania press conference;

b9aVswp.jpg

He said, "My name is Alberto Del Rio...but you already knew that" and confirmed that his present and future is with AAA, or something. My Spanish sucks. Seems he'll be going by "El Patron", which apparently is what Ricardo referred to him as in his ring announcement, as WWE own the Alberto Del Rio name. Also, he'd love to fight that "pequeno Chihuahua" Rey Mysterio again, but this time in Mexico - AAA representatives then stated that, although Mysterio is under WWE contract, the door is always open for him. Del Rio went on to say he's under a 90 day no-compete clause, but his lawyers are seeing what they can do about that and he's hoping he'll be able to wrestle at TripleMania this Sunday. Lastly, he said he'll tell all about his firing in 15 days, once he's legally able to do so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#freerey

#elpatron

I've seen the future, friends, and it is brown. Viva La Mexico!

I just want to remind everyone how things turned out the last time we had a project where people signed up to review stuff.

I don't think I ever finished my review, but you fucks made me watch Rock vs Cena, ffs!

This requires less effort, though - if we get 24 people signed up then all they'll have to do is think of one match every 2 months, find it online and share it. Then, if they have the time watch the 3 matches posted each week and simply post their thoughts as detailed or un-detailed as they like.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think I ever finished my review, but you fucks made me watch Rock vs Cena, ffs!

This requires less effort, though - if we get 24 people signed up then all they'll have to do is think of one match every 2 months, find it online and share it. Then, if they have the time watch the 3 matches posted each week and simply post their thoughts as detailed or un-detailed as they like.

Listen you cock, I had to watch Rock/Cena TWO and HHH/Bork.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also recommend a 'viewing night' set up for this using our taima.tv account. Would be good...

Also I got Batista/Taker. I win!

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+

Steamboat/Austin and Regal/Inoki during the Hogan era? Amazing!

That being said, I know it won't last. I was okay with the Hogan injury angle early in the show, but it started to grate on me by the end. I think the honeymoon is over.

somedevil

Well a ROH Star suffered a major injury:

We have just received word that current ROH star, one half of the tag team War Machine, RAYMOND ROWE was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. His injuries include severe bruising, lacerations. He also sustained a broken arm that will require surgery and rehabilitation. We at Rowe's ROH family - wrestlers and fans - are incredibly grateful he will make a full recovery.

Hope his recovery goes well.

OHMYGOD, a six-hour long, 25 match IWA-MS show from 2003? I must be insane, but I'm gonna try and watch this;

01. Ian Rotten vs Simon Sezz
02. Danny Daniels & Jimmy Jacobs vs Alex Shelley & Chris Hero
03. Mark Wolf vs Josiah Kain
04. Brad Bradley & Ryan Boz vs Yellow Jacket & JB Insanity
05. "Anarchist" Arik Cannon vs "Kaos" Cody ONeill
06. Corporal Robinson vs Purple Haze
07. Jason Lancaster vs Jared Lancaster
08. Steve Stone vs Cameron Cage
09. Adam Evans vs Trik Davis
10. Chandler McClure vs Justin Kage
11. "Spyder" Nate Webb vs Cash Flo
12. Nigel McGuinness vs Jimmy Jacobs
13. Carlton Kaz vs Jeremy Madrox
14. Hy-Zaya vs Simon Sezz
15. J.C. Bailey & Ian Rotten vs Frankie the Face & "Anarchist" Arik Cannon
16. Brad Bradley vs "Kaos" Cody ONeill
17. Shaq Daddy vs Josiah Kain
18. Kappa Tappa Kegga vs Simon Sezz & Hy-Zaya
19. Chris Hero vs Alex Shelley
20. Jared Lancaster vs Jason Lancaster
21. Hailey vs Ponchmagnus (Intergender Match)
22. "Poison" Apollo Starr vs Corporal Robinson
23. J.C. Bailey vs Jimmy Jacobs
24. Swiss Money Holding (Ares & Double C) vs Mark Wolf & Chris Hero
25. Ian Rotten vs Corporal Robinson - Fans Bring the Weapons (with bonus backstage footage after the match)

What a fucking line-up.

Listen you cock, I had to watch Rock/Cena TWO and HHH/Bork.

No sympy. You've clearly got a higher tolerance for horrible wrestling than me, given all the latter days WCW you watched multiple times. Yes, I notice the irony of what I just typed coming immediately after me talking about watching some IWA-MS mess, but fuck it.

Kornflayx

OHMYGOD, a six-hour long, 25 match IWA-MS show from 2003? I must be insane, but I'm gonna try and watch this;

01. Ian Rotten vs Simon Sezz
02. Danny Daniels & Jimmy Jacobs vs Alex Shelley & Chris Hero
03. Mark Wolf vs Josiah Kain
04. Brad Bradley & Ryan Boz vs Yellow Jacket & JB Insanity
05. "Anarchist" Arik Cannon vs "Kaos" Cody ONeill
06. Corporal Robinson vs Purple Haze
07. Jason Lancaster vs Jared Lancaster
08. Steve Stone vs Cameron Cage
09. Adam Evans vs Trik Davis
10. Chandler McClure vs Justin Kage
11. "Spyder" Nate Webb vs Cash Flo
12. Nigel McGuinness vs Jimmy Jacobs
13. Carlton Kaz vs Jeremy Madrox
14. Hy-Zaya vs Simon Sezz
15. J.C. Bailey & Ian Rotten vs Frankie the Face & "Anarchist" Arik Cannon
16. Brad Bradley vs "Kaos" Cody ONeill
17. Shaq Daddy vs Josiah Kain
18. Kappa Tappa Kegga vs Simon Sezz & Hy-Zaya
19. Chris Hero vs Alex Shelley
20. Jared Lancaster vs Jason Lancaster
21. Hailey vs Ponchmagnus (Intergender Match)
22. "Poison" Apollo Starr vs Corporal Robinson
23. J.C. Bailey vs Jimmy Jacobs
24. Swiss Money Holding (Ares & Double C) vs Mark Wolf & Chris Hero
25. Ian Rotten vs Corporal Robinson - Fans Bring the Weapons (with bonus backstage footage after the match)

What a fucking line-up.

No sympy. You've clearly got a higher tolerance for horrible wrestling than me, given all the latter days WCW you watched multiple times. Yes, I notice the irony of what I just typed coming immediately after me talking about watching some IWA-MS mess, but fuck it.

That bonus footage at the end of the listing completely slayed me. As if anybody needs more after 25 fucking matches

That bonus footage at the end of the listing completely slayed me. As if anybody needs more after 25 fucking matches

And it's just footage of Ian Rotten getting his fucking arm sewn together, after losing a huge chunk of it to barbed wire. One for the sickos only, methinks.

Man, Mick Foley still holding dat grudge at Mil Máscaras to this day.

Does anyone not related to Mil Mascaras have anything good to say about him? Seems everyone has a grudge against him, for one reason or another.

And it's just footage of Ian Rotten getting his fucking arm sewn together, after losing a huge chunk of it to barbed wire. One for the sickos only, methinks.

Does anyone not related to Mil Mascaras have anything good to say about him? Seems everyone has a grudge against him, for one reason or another.

I'm looking, but I can't find anything

IX33eGV.png

My workhorse, Level 9 Rare HBK, and I just got that Super Rare Jake 'The Snake' Roberts above. Fed him a rare Titus O'Neil and he jumped straight to level 3.

I need to stop now, I haven't showered yet and barely ate :/

I need to swap in my weak cards in King of the Ring so I can get knocked out and get rid of them. Consolidate my cards and enter again with my new, stronger cards and power ups and actually take this thing seriously.

I need to swap in my weak cards in King of the Ring so I can get knocked out and get rid of them. Consolidate my cards and enter again with my new, stronger cards and power ups and actually take this thing seriously.

Will get suckered into buying card packs like you got suckered into subbing to the Network, friend?

#Carnies4Lyfe

IWA-DS amuses me when they announce to the crowd that the deathmatch portion of the show's coming up and that any old folks or kids might want to leave. I'm always like "that's half your fucking audience!" and, sure enough, none of them leave. Fucking kids running around unsupervised while Freakshow and Bull Pain bleed everywhere. So gross. Great job, Alabama.

How long does this King of the ring run for? I'm ready to get rid of these shit cards.

I like the original and the majority of Showa and Heisei era movies. Godzilla 2014 was just boring as shit and Kick Ass was UNBOLELIEVABLY wooden and boring. The pacing of a monster movie from the 50s just doesn't work in 2014. It wasn't horrifying or scary. It was just dry and super boring. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't. The last 15 minutes can't make up for the previous 2 hours. Maybe I would have liked it better with a different lead.

PR had main characters that didn't make me want to fall asleep or see them die, plus some fun side characters.
Ugh.... Pacific Rim has Jackson Teller in it. Fuck that dude

Top Bottom