• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
have a laugh:

crRH1F3.gif

Cagey

Banned
Monday night, I went to the Official WWE Shop to place an order for a gag gift to give to a buddy this weekend at his wedding. I select Next Day Shipping because I am a good bro. I call Tuesday morning and find out the order has been processed and will ship out that day.

I call last night and find out my order won't ship until Friday, but that it will definitely ship with Next Day and I will get Saturday! Which is too late and makes the purpose of "Next Day" and the confirmation I received on Tuesday morning absurd. $26 for Next Day Shipping on a god damn $20 tee shirt that will arrive about a week after I ordered. For my troubles, I was offered a "Sorry about the inconvenience but nothing about the order can be changed until you receive the order; it cannot be canceled."

Time to complain to Citi.

Fucking carnies for real.

Vylash

Monday night, I went to the Official WWE Shop to place an order for a gag gift to give to a buddy this weekend at his wedding. I select Next Day Shipping because I am a good bro. I call Tuesday morning and find out the order has been processed and will ship out that day.

I call last night and find out my order won't ship until Friday, but that it will definitely ship with Next Day and I will get Saturday! Which is too late and makes the purpose of "Next Day" and the confirmation I received on Tuesday morning absurd. $26 for Next Day Shipping on a god damn $20 tee shirt that will arrive about a week after I ordered. For my troubles, I was offered a "Sorry about the inconvenience but nothing about the order can be changed until you receive the order; it cannot be canceled."

Time to complain to Citi.

Fucking carnies for real.

zhlJZ8Z.gif
zhlJZ8Z.gif
zhlJZ8Z.gif
zhlJZ8Z.gif

BvBv8QJCcAIo1jG.jpg

An early look at the WWE SummerSlam betting odds are listed below. Keep in mind that the odds tend to change drastically as we get closer to any PPV event, so things are definitely not locked in place at this point.

Brock Lesnar over John Cena
Bray Wyatt over Chris Jericho
Jack Swagger over Rusev
Roman Reigns over Randy Orton
Seth Rollins over Dean Ambrose
Brie Bella and Stephanie McMahon are split

Kaladin

For the few that care:

22af75798d99d5e03046a3811749c8e9_L.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 14, 2014) – TNA today announced its flagship program, IMPACT WRESTLING, will make a permanent move to Wednesday nights at 9/8c on SPIKE TV beginning next Wednesday, Aug. 20.

"Moving IMPACT WRESTLING to Wednesday nights gives existing fans and new viewers an opportunity to enjoy both wrestling and live sports even more throughout the week," said TNA President Dixie Carter.

IMPACT WRESTLING has enjoyed sustained ratings growth this summer, drawing over 1.5 million viewers each week this quarter, and is among the most watched cable series in key male demos in its timeslot.

Edit: Beaten like Dixie Carter on bingo night at the retirement home

For the few that care:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 14, 2014) – TNA today announced its flagship program, IMPACT WRESTLING, will make a permanent move to Wednesday nights at 9/8c on SPIKE TV beginning next Wednesday, Aug. 20.

"Moving IMPACT WRESTLING to Wednesday nights gives existing fans and new viewers an opportunity to enjoy both wrestling and live sports even more throughout the week," said TNA President Dixie Carter.

IMPACT WRESTLING has enjoyed sustained ratings growth this summer, drawing over 1.5 million viewers each week this quarter, and is among the most watched cable series in key male demos in its timeslot.

Wonder if that means Smackdown moving to Thursday is confirmed.

somedevil

Wonder if they got a new deal.. or Spike seeing if it does better on a less competitive night... or

Its for getting away from the football. Still sounds like no new deal.

we, uh, spoiler tag betting odds, don't we?

We should but the odds are early plus WWE has clamped down so the odds results are not right much anymore. Plus dolphins1925 is crapped on now because he now been wrong a lot.

Kaladin

Since Smackdown is going to Thursday, smart move.

Screw Smackdown, NXT was probably going to kill it in ratings....that's right, a WWE Network program that "airs" live in the same timeslot that you can watch any time after would get more views than Impact.

Xavier woods response to random fan on twitter who asked about the New Nation

@XavierWoodsPhD: No clue not a part of it, but if I did have a group then I'd use our intelligence as the focus rather than our race #Its2014

Watching some Memphis from '79, great tag match with Lawler & Dundee vs The Freebirds, making their debut in Memphis - Gordy comes out with Hayes, who's wearing a hood, before harassing the camera man until he's got a great shot of Hayes so he can unmask him. He takes off the hood and Hayes cuts a rambling promo about how beautiful he is, while Lawler pulls the same "get a load of this guy" amused smirk he pulls no matter who's cutting a promo at him. Bill Dundee looks like the lost Beatle. Anywho, the match itself is a lot of fun, mostly thanks to Gordy who does a great job with Dundee wrestling the majority of the match. Huge double-team shoulder breaker on Bill gets the Freebirds the first fall, but the diminutive Dundee hits a bodyslam on Gordy and the big man leaps back up in surprise, only for Bill to sunset flip him for the 3-count. The final third of the match goes against the Freebirds and is the least interesting, because that's where Lawler has to get his shit in, but Hayes thankfully brawls to the outside with Dundee, who just fucking swings for the rafters and clocks him round the fucking dome with the chair. Gordy spills to the floor, Lawler follows and they run out of TV time with all four guys brawling through the crowd. Fucking awesome.

That double-team shoulder breaker;

Freebirds.gif

Here's one especially for stro;

Hayes.gif

Gorillaz

i'm feeling half and half over vince trying to do a all black stable. I don't think they could pull it off.

ESPECIALLY with the shit going on down in Saint Louis....I couldn't imagine how he would try to spin that shit into the stable uggggggh.

For the few that care:

Lol they are moving with pretty much no notice. This is either Spike throwing them on another night before they get rid of them, much like networks do by throwing shows on Friday nights or they are putting it on Wednesday as a test to see if it performs better.

Striker

Each guy had a negative stigma - albeit not so much with Big E (still hasn't done anything in forever). Kofi and Xavier were goofs, nobody took them seriously. But since they talked a little bit on the mic, all of a sudden we're suppose to take them seriously? Kind of goes for a lot of things in that company.

WWE has issued the following press release:

Florida Georgia Line, Train, Flo Rida, Sharon Osbourne, Omar Epps and Chelsie Hightower join WWE and The Creative Coalition to stop bullying

STAMFORD, Conn. – The Creative Coalition and WWE, co-founders of the Be a STAR (Show Tolerance And Respect) anti-bullying initiative, today announced the launch of the S.T.A.R. Alliance, a group of actors, musicians, comedians, athletes, television personalities and members of The Creative Coalition, who have joined together to help put an end to bullying.

Members of the S.T.A.R. Alliance will join WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Superstars, such as Big Show, The Miz and Mark Henry, and The Creative Coalition to spread the Be a STAR message of showing tolerance and respect to help combat bullying, reaching more than 400 million social media followers combined. Select S.T.A.R. Alliance members will also participate and share their stories at Be a STAR anti-bullying rallies across the U.S., including this week in Los Angeles as part of WWE’s community outreach events during SummerSlam Week.

S.T.A.R. Alliance members include:

* Quinton Aaron (“The Blind Side”)
* Kris Allen (“American Idol” winner)
* Jose Bautista (Toronto Blue Jays)
* Andrea Bowen (“Desperate Housewives”)
* Erin Cummings (“Astronaut Wives Club”)
* Tim Daly (“Madam Secretary”)
* Daughtry (Grammy-nominated artist)
* Omar Epps (“Resurrection”)
* Flo Rida (Grammy-nominated artist)
* Florida Georgia Line (award-winning country superstars)
* Skylar Grey (Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter)
* Chelsie Hightower (“Dancing with the Stars”)
* Caleb Johnson (“American Idol” winner)
* Arielle Kebbel (“John Tucker Must Die”)
* Piers Morgan (“Piers Morgan Tonight”)
* Ryan Ochoa (“Pair of Kings”)
* Sharon Osbourne (“The X-Factor”)
* Darius Rucker (Hootie &The Blowfish)
* Cassie Scerbo (“Make It Or Break It”)
* Kendall Schmidt (“Big Time Rush”)
* Chaske Spencer (the “Twilight” sagas)
* Train (Grammy-Award winning band)
* Gerard Way (formerly of My Chemical Romance)
* Pete Wentz (Grammy-nominated Fall Out Boy)
* Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”)

“The mission of the S.T.A.R. Alliance is to use pop culture’s most influential voices to help eradicate the raging bullying epidemic plaguing America’s schools,” said Robin Bronk, CEO of The Creative Coalition. “We are delighted to partner with WWE to bring these powerful and inspirational voices of the entertainment industry to encourage children to be participatory in standing up to bullies.”

“WWE is proud to help bring together a diverse group of international celebrities who all share the vision to stop bullying forever,” said Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, WWE. “Through the joint efforts of WWE, The Creative Coalition and the S.T.A.R. Alliance, we hope to reach millions of young people and provide them with the knowledge and resources they need to help put an end to bullying in their communities.”

Be a STAR is an anti-bullying initiative co-founded in 2011 by The Creative Coalition and WWE. Its mission is to encourage young people to treat each other with tolerance and respect through education and grassroots initiatives.

WWE and The Creative Coalition leverage the power of The Creative Coalition’s entertainment industry constituencies and WWE’s global brand and platforms to help combat the bullying epidemic plaguing today’s youth.

Now they just need a initiative to stop Racism in the work place.

Jamie OD

i'm feeling half and half over vince trying to do a all black stable. I don't think they could pull it off.

ESPECIALLY with the shit going on down in Saint Louis....I couldn't imagine how he would try to spin that shit into the stable uggggggh.

Have Lana go out and use the "recent events" line again, then deny it is referencing the obvious.

gurudyne

Each guy had a negative stigma - albeit not so much with Big E (still hasn't done anything in forever). Kofi and Xavier were goofs, nobody took them seriously. But since they talked a little bit on the mic, all of a sudden we're suppose to take them seriously? Kind of goes for a lot of things in that company.

Sounds like a standard WWE gimmick change. Company rarely has the creative capacity or foresight to foreshadow gimmick changes, so things just happen.

I find it funnier that it keeps happening to NoD2 member Kofi The Jamaican Wildcat Kingston.

Kaladin

Lol they are moving with pretty much no notice. This is either Spike throwing them on another night before they get rid of them, much like networks do by throwing shows on Friday nights or they are putting it on Wednesday as a test to see if it performs better.

Either way, this doesn't look good for their ongoing negotiations. I read that Spike has had people at the NYC tapings off and on. I wonder if they would want TNA to move from Orlando to NYC....better crowd up there for them I'd imagine.

strobogo

Banned
Either way, this doesn't look good for their ongoing negotiations. I read that Spike has had people at the NYC tapings off and on. I wonder if they would want TNA to move from Orlando to NYC....better crowd up there for them I'd imagine.

Better crowd don't make up for significantly more expensive buildings and shows.

From what I've read Spike actually wants to own TNA, but Dixie refuses to sell them control of the company. A move to NYC would definitely be better for them though.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

I forgot for a second that it's next week. I'm pretty surprised that it's a short notice, but this leads me to believe there isn't a new deal, or anything close to it, in place. If there was, I'm pretty sure Spike would have hyped the move to Wednesdays long in advance.

Kaladin

From what I've read Spike actually wants to own TNA, but Dixie refuses to sell them control of the company. A move to NYC would definitely be better for them though.

Actually, I would welcome this. If Spike can pour money into TNA like Billionaire Ted did WCW, we might have us a good company on our hands.

11409%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20microphone%20monday_nitro%20smiling%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

I kid, I kid.

Gonzalez

Banned
I forgot for a second that it's next week. I'm pretty surprised that it's a short notice, but this leads me to believe there isn't a new deal, or anything close to it, in place. If there was, I'm pretty sure Spike would have hyped the move to Wednesdays long in advance.
Oh remember the days when Dixie would say she would be making a huge announcement on the next IMPACT. I miss those days.

Actually, I would welcome this. If Spike can pour money into TNA like Billionaire Ted did WCW, we might have us a good company on our hands.

11409%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20microphone%20monday_nitro%20smiling%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

I kid, I kid.

Well Dixie doesn't want to remove herself from the company, which is what Spike wanted, so unfortunately we are stuck where we are at. Shit, TNA actually having money to spend would make things interesting again. We could have people jumping ship like the old Monday Night Wars. Imagine Spike giving Cena millions to jump ship haha

Kaladin

Well Dixie doesn't want to remove herself from the company, which is what Spike wanted, so unfortunately we are stuck where we are at. Shit, TNA actually having money to spend would make things interesting again. We could have people jumping ship like the old Monday Night Wars. Imagine Spike giving Cena millions to jump ship haha

That would be brutal if they were running in NYC too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of surprised they're doing anything with TNA other than just letting it die, tbh. And I have no idea why dude would want to take charge of it when it's such a complete mess. They're still going to pay their employees like shit, they're still not going to draw, the majority of their big names would jump to WWE right now at the first letter from Stamford.

Top Bottom