• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Catching up on G1 from earlier today. Man, Styles-Suziki is soooo good. Easily the match of the tourney so far, and probably my favorite for MOTY right now.

I really miss Daniel Bryan.

ddxyF9n.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I've made a life altering decision last month, I'm going to quit fast food, outside of some ridiculous special promotions, forever starting today. Since I made up my mind at the end of June I decided to go all out this month and see what the local places had to offer.

First the newest stuff:

Taco Bell: Quesaritos are the truth. Gotta eat em hot. Chicken is best.
Burger King: Swiss and Mushroom Big King is quite good. BBQ Bacon Whopper is no Angry Whopper, but the extra long BBQ burger is surprisingly good.
McD's: I normally hate McD's food but their Jalapeno Burger is fucking amazing. Wish it was introduced earlier in the month so I would have gotten more.
Wendy's: Steakhouse Burgers are one of the worst things Wendy's has ever attempted. Doesn't matter as they are still the best pound for pound.
Subway: Applewood Pulled Pork was surprisingly good for a Subway Sub.

The only other places I visited during the month that would fall under this sort of ranking were 2 of the 3 Burrito chains, Moe's and Quodoba. Both are okish burritos but both also have Coke Freestyle machines which always help. Never got around to Five Guys or Chipotle.

Now for power rankings!

1. Taco Bell. Still the king. Can't be beat on price and their commitment to fresh ingredients and repurposing them is to be commended. They really hit hard recently with their Quesaritos and Spicy Chicken Doritos Locos.

2. Wendy's. Uncontested king of the big burger chains, only loses to Taco Bell because I prefer Mexican to burgers and TB is cheaper. Their spicy chicken asiago is better than anything at Chick Fil A. Their cheap buns are better than BKs or McD's premium ones and you still can't beat the value of the Junior Bacon Cheeseburger. They are even more committed to freshness then the Bell.

3. Subway. Subway is many things. On one hand they are cheap, on the other their ingredients are incredibly bland. Their meat usually tastes like nothing, their jalapenos won't even begin to tingle your lips, their bread still tastes like nothing and does kinda smell weird. They do pile on the veggies and some of their sauces make up for it. Plus they are cheap

4. McD's. I never thought I'd put them over anything, in fact before this Jalapeno Double appeared I would have ranked them dead last having just had some nuggets and fries from them earlier in the month, and some random burger one night driving around with my mom of all people. Things changed when a thread appeared in Off Topic praising the fuck out of this thing. It's a double cheeseburger with fried and pickled Jalapenos in there with a little ranch sauce. The Jalapenos have good crunch and the sandwich is fucking delicious. I had 3. The other things I sampled during the month reminded me why not to eat at McD's.

5. Burger King. Chicken Big King and Mushroom and Swiss BK are good. Their fries still suck, The Angry Whopper is gone. Their buns suck, no matter how cheap or expensive the sandwich is the bun will taste horrible. Surprisingly good buffalo/bbq chicken strips, as good as anything you'd get a Friday's like chain.

As far as the mid range places go: Five Guys>Chipolte>Moes>Quodba.

Legit happy for Batista and his success with Guardians Of The Galaxy.
(Just saw it and he killed it. Really funny and fun.)

strobogo

Banned
To me, the biggest appeal is the unknown.

McMahon's ability is unquestioned, perhaps unparalleled, but she has been out of the game for years. Ring rust must be considered, and Father Time waits for no man or woman.

Does she still have it? Will the young blue chip prospect Bella catch her on the downslope of a hall of fame career? Only time will tell.

ixu5lz5apuqp.gif

iZblt3LZ5Shxb.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every major sandwich place is better than Subway...except Quiznos.

Quiznos was hot shit when they debuted, with quality ingredients and the gimmick of toasting (every pizza shop around did it first, but we're talking mass market here) but then they experienced a double whammy by expanding too far.

1. Like Subway before it expanding so far caused them to lose their quality advantage. Subway apparently was AWESOME when they first started out. Unlike Subway though their quality suffered as a distant number two and at the much higher price point.

2. When they started eating into Subway's business with their unique ad campaign and toasted tag line Subway just...sent broilers to all their chains. Advantage lost.

Subway basically has a 2 to 1 price advantage over Quiznos and unlike when they first started to take off Quiznos really doesn't taste any better. All of the chains around here folded quickly after Subway started toasting.

Gorillaz

These Budget Cuts have really hurt us friends.

I might have to be on the brock lesnar contract deal, my time is precious and expensive, fellas

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since you mentioned Five Guys.... that food is overpriced as fuck and isn't even that good

Their burgers are overcooked, but the meat is good and the ingredients are fresh. Most quality diners/burger pubs/your own damn grill will do it better.

Their fries though are quality and worth every penny. Their prices have been premium the entire time but their portions used to be out of control big and have shrunk to reasonably big.

alstein

Subway is last resort.

Togos, wich wich, quiznos, Capri Deli, Scardinho's all better.

You're the 2nd person to say which wich is good. Kinda reluctant on college town places- as I remember the hell that was Gumby's all those years ago.

Gumby's was like the Sabu of food- all botch.

It's no Ass Man. Truly the GOAT theme.

mrass1.bmp

BillyGunn14.jpg

nXsHWC8.jpg

I'm an ass man
Yeah I'm an ass man (Yeah!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

'Cause I'm an Ass Man
Yeah, I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

So many asses, so little time
Only a tight one, can stop me on the dime
I'm a lover, of every kind
The best surprises always sneak up from behind

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

Buns of glory,
Buns of steel
Your lies won't give away the truth of how I feel

You walk behind me,
I feel the heat.
That's why the girls don't walk behind me down the street

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

I'm an Ass man
Yeah; I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)

138768887703.gif

You're the 2nd person to say which wich is good. Kinda reluctant on college town places- as I remember the hell that was Gumby's all those years ago.

Gumby's was like the Sabu of food- all botch.
I remember the first time I went to wich wich. I was like check this check that. Make it double. Thought it was great

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy tonight, and thought it was just OK. Admittedly, I'm not a die hard comic book guy, and knew almost nothing about this particular franchise going in. With that said, it was just a standard Marvel movie with more comedy (some that worked, some that didn't) thrown in. I thought the villain was insanely underdeveloped, and the action scenes were pretty bad. Batista was nothing special (not bad either), and those movie reviewers singing his praises were probably just shocked that a wrestler turned actor not named Dwayne Johnson wasn't horrific. Decent popcorn flick, but little more. I thought about posting this in the GotG thread as well, but there are some crazy people in there saying this is the best movie they have ever seen, so I got the hell out of that thread immediately.

Top Bottom