• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Raw64life

Great PPV. All the right people won the title matches. Even Reigns/Orton wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be.

And that Cena demolishing...

iJbrwEhB4hCBK.gif

followed by

ibj45Es8NxzWDD.gif

This might be a new record for "least variety of moves used to win the wwe title".

1)F5
2)German suplex
3) punch
4)headlock

Did I miss anything?

Disel vs. Bob Backlund

1. Jacknife

This might be a new record for "least variety of moves used to win the wwe title".

1)F5
2)German suplex
3) punch
4)headlock

Did I miss anything?

i may be misremembering because reigns never uses anything other than samoan but i think brock used a regular suplex at some point too?

Ambrose Rollins made a lumberjack match awesome.

How the hell that is possible I have no idea but they did it.

That feud is the best thing about the whole product right now.

Rest of the show was good to great. The bad was Orton/Reigns and somewhat Bray/Y2J only because it followed the lumberjack match. Just not a fan of Roman outside of the shield.

Cena getting squashed was weird and I have no clue what they are going to do with Brock now.

Cagey

Banned
With network subscriptions ending this month, I had a feeling that tonight would be "Night of the Smarks". All the finishes were aimed at the smark fan base... not that there's anything wrong with this.

IWC immediately moved on from enjoying Brock Lesnar's win to bitching about Reigns beating him at WM31 because loldirtsheetz. It's a fickle group to market towards.

Big One

Banned
Can someone gif when Brock does that little dance thing he did in-ring and whenever Reigns kicks out of Randy's RKO where Randy makes the most surprised face?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know we talked about it before, but I still wish people lived their gimmick names.

Mean Gene Okerlund would be a colossal asshole
Kamala would be 10 feet tall, a true Ugandan Giant
King Kong Bundy would be a gorilla-style Al Bundy

Man things would be great.

Ithil

If they'd actually bothered to build him up, Cesaro would be acceptable as the guy to beat Brock. He's got the size, speed, strength and skill to be a believable rival to Brock if you built him on the same level.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If they'd actually bothered to build him up, Cesaro would be acceptable as the guy to beat Brock. He's got the size, speed, strength and skill to be a believable rival to Brock if you built him on the same level.
They had every chance the moment he hoisted Big Show over the ropes at WM30, then they made him heel and gave him Heyman.

imBask

Banned
man watching Cena get destroyed for 20 min is what my inner mark has been wanting for like 8 years, that was great. I marked the fuck out

Showaddy

Face Cesaro with Zeb against Brock with Heyman would be absolutely amazing. That ship has sailed though.

So we have typical wwe booking with the Bella turn and then you give us cena getting destroyed. You're still not getting any more money out of me. I've seen this dance before but I did enjoy the pay per view.

So we have typical wwe booking with the Bella turn and then you give us cena getting destroyed. You're still not getting any more money out of me. I've seen this dance before but I did enjoy the pay per view.

It's going to be quite awkward for the next season of Total Divas.

Also, I have to ask: How many times did 9.99 come up in this PPV?

Kaladin

I'd be willing to bet the farm that they had Brock win so dominantly to get you marks to re-up for the Network at $9.99 per month to see Brock's reign of terror, and then next month Cena will get the belt back to tie Ric Flair's title wins and all you jabronis that re-upped will be like

Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-12.gif

I'd be willing to bet the farm that they had Brock win so dominantly to get you marks to re-up for the Network at $9.99 per month to see Brock's reign of terror, and then next month Cena will get the belt back to tie Ric Flair's title wins and all you jabronis that re-upped will be like

Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-12.gif

Oh definitely. I'm not falling for it.

Verendus

Banned
Something historic happened tonight. Actually, two things.

1. We had a good Lumberjack match. Holy crap. Put these two in a Ladder match at Night of Champions. It could be so awesome.

2. WWE didn't make the PPV absolutely shit with lots of pointless promos and backstage segments. PPV flowed so much better than Battleground which just made me tired and sucked.

I'm really happy with this show. I've been saying the past few days that it was Summerslam and I'm quitting wrestling. I'm gonna give myself another little while til I finish work just to check the topics then I'm out.

It all went very well tonight.

Ithil

Next month Dean and Seth have a ladder match where the LOSER gets the MITB case, and has to deal with trying to cash in on Brock.

Ithil

Also, they are complete idiots if they don't have Ronda Rousey doing some kind of match at WM. Granted, there is no one in UFC capable of standing up to her currrently, let alone among the Divas, but she's clearly an eager fan, and she's a bigger star right now than anyone in WWE save Brock.

Have her twist Stephanie into a pretzel or something.

Big One

Banned
Lol @ this caller on LAW. Who is this on GAF?

Pay-per-view was solid I felt. A lot of things in it were just necessary I felt. It wasn't a good-match spectacle like last year's by any means, but all the matches felt like must-watches even if they weren't the most technically sound.

Top Bottom