• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Mengetsu

I give this PPV 9 Paige Kisses

58c4ec836d0969a89daca4a5bfd9fac8

Out of 10

Browny

Banned
Well I woke up and checked the results - to read that justice has been served. The title change was long overdue. No more gleaming cheesy smiles, no more lackluster catchphrases, no more undeserving reigns, no more having to watch his wrestling "talent". It's what we all wanted. Thank you WWE.

safe_image.php

Oh yeah, all hail Hypno-Bork too.

DiscoJon

Banned
Well I woke up and checked the results - to read that justice has been served. The title change was long overdue. No more gleaming cheesy smiles, no more lackluster catchphrases, no more undeserving reigns, no more having to watch his wrestling "talent". It's what we all wanted. Thank you WWE.

He'll be jobbing in a week and you know it.

Hasney

Just finished Summerslam, no way should Cena show up tonight after that. I know he showed up the Raw after like nothing happened when Big Show threw him through a fucking spotlight and it "exploded", but it would be even more ridiculous after that beating.

DiscoJon

Banned
People expecting Cena to be gone for an "extended" period of time is about the most laughable thing I've seen in a while. He'll be gone for 1-3 weeks tops.

Along with that notion, people thinking that Brock is going to hold the Title until Wrestlemania 31.

Really? All the way until 'Mania?

March 29th, 2015?

223 days from today?

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

Foffy

Banned
People expecting Cena to be gone for an "extended" period of time is about the most laughable thing I've seen in a while. He'll be gone for 1-3 weeks tops.

Along with that notion, people thinking that Brock is going to hold the Title until Wrestlemania 31.

Really? All the way until 'Mania?

March 29th, 2015?

223 days from today?

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

He'll probably lose it at Survivor Series, as it's one of WWE's big events. To whom, though?

I'm fine with that. I just don't want him to show up tonight.

Well maybe you should watch tonights RAW SUPERSHOW STARRING BROCK "THE CONQUEROR" LESNAR (TM) three weeks from now on, so you wont be sad.

Cause Cena will probably be there tonight and say something about his loss, and how he will overcome the odds...or he does a heel turn
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Kornflayx

I told you guys Rusev was awesome. Fantastic performance

And Cena still sucks at selling. Selling complete disorientation and asking the ref where he is and then BAM! comeback time. Atrocious, just fuck right off

Aiii

So not worth it
Great PPV, but unpopular opinion time: Brock vs. Cena wasn't even 10% as good as their Extreme Rules bout, very dissapointing with mostly repeat spots, rest spots, stupid ref asking Cena if he's okay, Cena pretending he doesn't know what's going on and immediately getting up and hitting the ropes and going 100 miles an hour for a few minutes and hitting an AA outa nowhere.

It was the worst match on the show and that includes Reigns vs. Orton.

Again, great show, great results, all the right people won, but that match... I wasn't feeling it.

Then again, it wasn't helped by that goddamned kid either.

Popular opinion time: Brie is awful, how do you get so completely outstaged by a non-wrestler that hasn't been in the ring for like a decade? Especially when you're claiming to be the veteran and lockerroom leader. Steph is amazing, but so wasted on Brie, put her in the ring with literally anyone else in that division except Rosa and Cameron... Shame.

Kornflayx

Great PPV, but unpopular opinion time: Brock vs. Cena wasn't even 10% as good as their Extreme Rules bout, very dissapointing with mostly repeat spots, rest spots, stupid ref asking Cena if he's okay, Cena pretending he doesn't know what's going on and immediately getting up and hitting the ropes and going 100 miles an hour for a few minutes and hitting an AA outa nowhere.

Again, great show, great results, all the right people won, but that match... I wasn't feeling it.

Popular opinion time: Brie is awful, how do you get so completely outstaged by a non-wrestler that hasn't been in the ring for like a decade? Especially when you're claiming to be the veteran and lockerroom leader. Steph is amazing, but so wasted on Brie, put her in the ring with literally anyone else in that division except Rosa and Cameron... Shame.

I actually agree with you. 10% seem a little harsh, but Extreme Rules was miles better. It had more variety and the blood just helped immensely. Where was the blood, the urine, the vomit? All I saw was sweat

Striker

Sounds like a typical John Cena match.

The Dolphin guy must have had good sources. All correct responses; though to be fair much of them were fairly predictable. Ambrose-Rollins and Miz-Ziggler could have went either way. Rest were shoe-ins.

Recall

So for best WWE matches of 2014 so far we have:

Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt (Royal Rumble)
Daniel Bryan vs HHH (Wrestlemania)
The Shield vs Evolution (Payback and Extreme Rules?)
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins (Summerslam)

Anything else?

Forkball

Ziggler challenged for the IC title at Summerslam 09 and won it at Summerslam 14. HE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE BIG TIME GUYS IT ONLY TOOK HIM ALBERTO DEL RIO'S ENTIRE WWE CAREER +1 YEAR

Brock losing the title before Mania would be a waste, but no way can the WWE make good storylines for him until that point. The only gimmick they could run would be "Is this the man Brock finally loses to?" but you would need some convincing opponents. Ain't no one buying Lesnar vs. Jericho/RVD/Henry.

Recall

Ziggler challenged for the IC title at Summerslam 09 and won it at Summerslam 14. HE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE BIG TIME GUYS IT ONLY TOOK HIM ALBERTO DEL RIO'S ENTIRE WWE CAREER +1 YEAR

Brock losing the title before Mania would be a waste, but no way can the WWE make good storylines for him until that point. The only gimmick they could run would be "Is this the man Brock finally loses to?" but you would need some convincing opponents. Ain't no one buying Lesnar vs. Jericho/RVD/Henry.

Brock vs Reigns at Wrestlrmania.

Striker

They could have targets like Ryback, Sheamus, Cesaro, or Henry but the booking has been putrid for 3/4 of them. Sheamus has the US title (lol) and like Ambrose, does nothing with it. So it's kind of intriguing to see where they go, because truthfully there's no one active who is worth it.

Probably Big Shoe.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
We haven't seen a title match where the champion got squashed like that since Backlund versus Diesel

I think most would agree that it wasn't anywhere near as good as their 2012 match, but I loved this match because it was just a fucking squash. It made Lesnar look how he should've looked for the last 2 years.

And what you described just sounds like typical Cena.

And I thought Brie was fine tonight. Still sucks at promos but she's a passable wrestler. I'm terrified of the program she's gonna have with her sister. That is gonna be dreadful.

GaimeGuy

Need to add some crazy stipulations like Lesnar proclaiming that he loses if he can't get a decision within 10 minutes, or if his opponent lands a finisher, or if the ref makes it to a 3 count while he's grounded (not pinned). Or handicap/triple threat shenanigans

Aiii

So not worth it
I think most would agree that it wasn't anywhere near as good as their 2012 match, but I loved this match because it was just a fucking squash. It made Lesnar look how he should've looked for the last 2 years.

And what you described just sounds like typical Cena.
Fair enough, but typical Cena is still typically burying opponents by doing that and should never get a pass just because it's the same old shit, but hey, as said, fair enough, 't was okay, 3 stars.

And I thought Brie was fine tonight. Still sucks at promos but she's a passable wrestler. I'm terrified of the program she's gonna have with her sister. That is gonna be dreadful.
Here we disagree, but I'm biased on Brie so I'm probably wrong in this, but I think Brie wasn't helped by using all of Bryan's moves either. When you can't do the moves properly, it makes you just look THAT much worse. Also wasn't help by Steph being really good in comparison I suppose. And yes, pure dread on that Bellas feud, at least I don't watch live, so FFWD.

It wasn't a great match, but it was more concerned with trying to tell a story than excite the audience and, in that regard, it did its job well. A bit of variety on Brock's part could have helped - 16 German suplexes. If Michael Elgin did that you'd all be like "lolindywrestling.gif". Also, Cena's selling. We all know it isn't great, but it just irritates me to see him repeatedly ignore opportunities to sell while on offence.

I was surprised by Reigns vs Orton, but I'm not a fan of the spear as a finisher. Reigns is a tall dude, let him use a splash mountain-style bomb or slam. Paige vs AJ was fine and I really liked Rusev vs Swagger. I remember nothing of Jericho vs Bray.

Hasney

It wasn't a great match, but it was more concerned with trying to tell a story than excite the audience and, in that regard, it did its job well. A bit of variety on Brock's part could have helped - 16 German suplexes. If Michael Elgin did that you'd all be like "lolindywrestling.gif". Also, Cena's selling. We all know it isn't great, but it just irritates me to see him repeatedly ignore opportunities to sell while on offence.

I was surprised by Reigns vs Orton, but I'm not a fan of the spear as a finisher. Reigns is a tall dude, let him use a splash mountain-style bomb or slam. Paige vs AJ was fine and I really liked Rusev vs Swagger. I remember nothing of Jericho vs Bray.

And that spear was botched too high heaven. One of Ortons best performances though.

Only utterly terrible match was Steph/Brie, although I seem to be the only one who enjoyed Wyatt/Jericho.

GaimeGuy

Cena thinks that selling is looking winded. Has no idea how to act hurt or sell a worked body part

Aiii

So not worth it

Yeah, pretty much nailed it.

I did really love the spot where Cena was sitting in the corner and Brock was doing his MMA jumping and tauning stuff, that was awesome.

Alucard

Banned
And that spear was botched too high heaven. One of Ortons best performances though.

Only utterly terrible match was Steph/Brie, although I seem to be the only one who enjoyed Wyatt/Jericho.

You're not the only one. I liked the Wyatt/Jericho match quite a bit. It had a hard time following Rollins vs. Ambrose, though.

And yeah, people would be bitching about Elgin if he hit even 5 or 6 German suplexes in one match.

Top Bottom