• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Sephzilla

Here would be my short "people who are a legit threat to Lesnar list"

1. Daniel Bryan - Never lost the title, has beaten a ton of the upper card (including most of Lesnar's opponents)
  2. Cena - Because Rocky 3
  3. HHH - Has beaten Lesnar before. Will need to stop the beast he unleashed.
  4. Undertaker - To avenge the Streak
  5. Rusev - Simply because he's the only other monster besides Lesnar

Anyone thinking Drax The Destroyer would be a threat is out of their fucking minds

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys seem to have this idea that Brock needs to lose the title. You see, Brock will bring legitimacy back to the midcard title. They'll all watch Brock's systematic destruction of John Cena and they'll say, 'Fuck, I can't beat that!' so they all start looking for the next title.

Boom, the midcard title is now important.

Hasney

Brie and Steph was a good match because it told a story in and out of the ring. The fans gave a shit. I know we have detractors still, but it's the truth. The match itself was simple sure but mostly all free of botches and was solid enough.

That makes sense. I think when you just tell a story in the ring and not go out to put on a great match, you have to be bought into it. I wasn't, I didn't even finish Raw last week as I turned off after the Megan crap it annoyed me that much. Same with the Brock/Cena match really. Had it been another 2 guys and they did the exact same match, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. but seeing Brock toss Cena around made it entertaining.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ah, okay but if you want real women wrestling you should never turn to WWE, in that context it was a decent match

anyway to be honest I never cared about the women's division even when Lita and Trish were around so...

This is also true. Fortunately NXT is delivering on some of that with Charlotte/Natalya from earlier this year.

1. Daniel Bryan - Never lost the title, has beaten a ton of the upper card (including most of Lesnar's opponents)

Anyone thinking Drax The Destroyer would be a threat is out of their fucking minds

From a story perspective they completely botched Demon Kane. They could have made him an unstoppable beast who could have collided with Lesnar at some point. I'd still put Lesnar over but it would have at least made for an interesting story with Kane seeking some sort of WWE Vengeance for his brother.

I still guarantee Big Show will be brought in to job to Lesnar at a PPV.

Thorakai

6. Sting - Someone has to retire him when he makes his WWE debut.

Showaddy

You guys seem to have this idea that Brock needs to lose the title. You see, Brock will bring legitimacy back to the midcard title. They'll all watch Brock's systematic destruction of John Cena and they'll say, 'Fuck, I can't beat that!' so they all start looking for the next title.

Boom, the midcard title is now important.

I love the idea that being Mr. Money in the Bank is now some kind of death sentence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Drax vs Lesnar, no matter the outcome, is a money match and will draw dollars.

Sephzilla

From a story perspective they completely botched Demon Kane. They could have made him an unstoppable beast who could have collided with Lesnar at some point. I'd still put Lesnar over but it would have at least made for an interesting story with Kane seeking some sort of WWE Vengeance for his brother.

Yeah, Kane could have worked. But he's completely off the "threat" radar now.

Drax vs Lesnar, no matter the outcome, is a money match and will draw dollars.

And it would be the best drawing bad wrestling match in history.

Has Batista every been a draw though? Are we suddenly expecting Guardians to turn him into a huge WWE draw?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know EXACTLY who is coming after Brock. Regardless of past matches, they always do this. They always 'rebook him' as the 'angry giant' and now he's pissed because before he wasn't because plot armor
Lcipv.gif

Right now the most likely scenario is Cena winning at Mania to springboard his 16th title run.

You know EXACTLY who is coming after Brock. Regardless of past matches, they always do this. They always 'rebook him' as the 'angry giant' and now he's pissed because before he wasn't because plot armor
Lcipv.gif

He's not the worst choice. Having Brock destroy Big Show will only enhance the image of an unstoppable beast.

Showaddy

Aside from an emergency band aid solution where Cesaro rejoins Zeb and beats Rusev to restore some credibility I don't think there's anyone left for Brock really between now an Rumble.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't know if "Demon" Kane was botched. His sole purpose to put over Daniel Bryan while Brock was away and the rest of the top heels were tied up with The Shield. Kane is just a jobber to the stars, always has been.

Also, typing out "Demon" Kane is just painful.

They had mostly short (4-6 mins) matches during their most popular time too.

Yeah, it was bad back then too. Divas title matches should be 15-20 min matches. They have enough talent in the division to do this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to live in your WWE Universe.

You already are

WWE Raw on Monday, January 20 scored a 3.46 rating, up 11 percent from last week's 3.12 rating.

The episode featuring Batista's TV return drew the highest overall rating since March 4, 2013. The show just edged out the post-WrestleMania episode in April 2013, which scored a 3.45 rating.

- Raw averaged 4.869 million viewers, up 11 percent from last week's average of 4.403 million viewers.

It was the most viewers for an episode of Raw since Mar. 4, 2013 (more than the post-WrestleMania episode).

BHZ Mayor

The idea of Bryan being able to defeat Brock right now is absolutely ludicrous. Kayfabe, real life, whatever. Brock is 100 pounds bigger, a legitimate fighter, and just inherited the powers of the Undertaker and the full scope of Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect. In addition to already having the power of Hulkamania and Rock's Electricity. Bryan would need at least 6 ultra legendary cards to even put a dent in Bork.

And overcame his diverticulitis, putting him at 100% of his full power.

Sephzilla

I just think it's funny that yesterday certain people were complaining that Bryan being a threat to Brock would be completely unrealistic and LOLFAKE. But Batista coming back and being pitched as a threat to Lesnar is totally okay even though Batista was totally out of wrestling shape and looked like a shell of his former self during his previous run.

I just think it's funny that yesterday certain people were complaining that Bryan being a threat to Brock would be completely unrealistic and LOLFAKE. But Batista coming back and being pitched as a threat to Lesnar is totally okay even though Batista was totally out of wrestling shape and looked like a shell of his former self during his previous run.

Batista as a legitimate threat?

pAjCnoM.gif

And I like the guy.

Xater

And no one gave a shit about him except for his initial return.

Vylash

ifGNUD1wPv57E.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Batista would be ok, and I don't think Bryan would either.

Frankly, they're fucked. Because, like I said, this is the result of them not building anyone but John Cena for 12 years. Even Brock's build wasn't from them. Sorry, but Brock right now is more over because he dominated in UFC as a former professional wrestler. I mean, he comes out in UFC style gear FFS. Vince is just mooching Brock's MMA aura now.

They're completely fucked because Vince and Co. couldn't move on from Cena as the star until it was too late.

Sephzilla

Frankly, they're fucked. Because, like I said, this is the result of them not building anyone but John Cena for 12 years. Even Brock's build wasn't from them. Sorry, but Brock right now is more over because he dominated in UFC as a former professional wrestler. I mean, he comes out in UFC style gear FFS. Vince is just mooching Brock's MMA aura now.

They're completely fucked because Vince and Co. couldn't move on from Cena as the star until it was too late.

Nothing is incorrect about this statement. However, right now is the perfect time to start building up a guy to take on Lesnar down the road. The storyline logic could be that the rise of Lesnar / fall of Cena could spark the rest of the roster to step up their game. I'd be perfectly okay with Lesnar just completely dominating the upper card for the next half year.

Xater

Nothing is incorrect about this statement. However, right now is the perfect time to start building up a guy to take on Lesnar down the road. The storyline logic could be that the rise of Lesnar / fall of Cena could spark the rest of the roster to step up their game. I'd be perfectly okay with Lesnar just completely dominating the upper card for the next half year.

Yeah but if they do that you just know they will give the win to Reigns. What a depressing thought.

Sephzilla

You already are

WWE Raw on Monday, January 20 scored a 3.46 rating, up 11 percent from last week's 3.12 rating.

The episode featuring Batista's TV return drew the highest overall rating since March 4, 2013. The show just edged out the post-WrestleMania episode in April 2013, which scored a 3.45 rating.

- Raw averaged 4.869 million viewers, up 11 percent from last week's average of 4.403 million viewers.

It was the most viewers for an episode of Raw since Mar. 4, 2013 (more than the post-WrestleMania episode).

That Raw was also the follow up episode to this

SEj3OoR.gif

I have a feeling Bryan reaching red-hot over as fuck levels helped those ratings a ton.

Vylash

Let's be honest though, they still haven't learned shit, they give up on guys way too fast and will just fall back on Cena eventually, all roads lead to Cena

One potential way to fix this would be with a #1 contender tournament. Draw it out over a couple months, give some guys a chance to shine, let different people main event Raw. Letting the roster shake itself out is probably your only solution. Better than forcing someone on the crowd who could be turned on.

Nerdkiller

Membeur

strobogo

Banned
They should bring in MMA guys and have Brock crush them, too. I'd be okay for Chael to come in and be squashed. Knock those giant teeth down his throat. He's no honorble. Bring in a Gracie. Bring in Ken Shamrock. Bring in Bruce Lee. Bork will never be defeated and eventually vacates the title due to wanting to get the Infinity Gauntlet.

I think Bryan should defeat Brock, but only after having shonen style training arcs and being visited by the ghosts of John Cena and the Undertaker and all the people that will die because of Brock's reign. It will also involve Bray Wyatt turning face and giving Daniel Bryan the power of some of the most powerful souls he has taken over the years.

God I miss The Undertaker and Kane having supernatural powers. I'd give anything for wrestling to go back to that. They're wasting Wyatt by having him not sacrifice people.

One potential way to fix this would be with a #1 contender tournament. Draw it out over a couple months, give some guys a chance to shine, let different people main event Raw. Letting the roster shake itself out is probably your only solution. Better than forcing someone on the crowd who could be turned on.

Not a bad idea. Right now, any babyface you throw at Brock is going to squashed and the crowd will want them to get squashed.

Sephzilla

+1

Building up a threat to Lesnar is the best route to go. Have a tournament while Brock beats up enemies-of-the-month

+1

Building up a threat to Lesnar is the best route to go. Have a tournament while Brock beats up enemies-of-the-month

Even after the tournament is done and a contender emerges they still need to go through another trial or three to look ready to compete with Brock.

Also, they'll need a training montage.

Top Bottom