• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Bowser

Have we? Where?

And yeah I bank on it happening tonight. Man, the new WWE title really didn't last long

It's not a huge change, they're just replacing the main plate with the new logo.

BuWqWDaCcAA6ZAb.jpg:large

TL21xx

Banned
I'm honestly wondering when this burial of Cesaro started. The flaw of not watching WWE 99% of the time is I'm confused as to how Cesaro went from being over at Wrestlemania 30, then teaming with Heyman, to all of a sudden jobbing to RVD on the pre-show. They messed up with him. I don't think he could ever be a top star like Ambrose or Rollins, but he'd be a solid gatekepper main eventer.

All this thread tells me is that it's all Heyman's fault. Dude who can't talk is put with someone who can, but somehow ends up ruined because of it. Maths is failing me.

It absolutely was Heyman's fault, and he's admitted to it. Cesaro was over with face heat, and they strapped him to Heyman, who at the time had more heel heat than even Brock. I figured it would have worked thanks to Heyman being so smooth on the mic, but his feud with Jack Swagger was cut short thanks to Rusev, and their feud extended left Cesaro with no one to fight with. Throw in the fact that Heyman had to transition back over to Brock, and we end up with Cesaro in the jobbing slot.

Honestly, I don't think it's because they've cooled on him backstage, I think it's simply because they don't have anything to do with him at the moment. Everything we could fit him into is being saved for other players down the road, and the rumor is that they want to get Reigns over before they give Cesaro the rocket, because they figured he'd be good enough to overcome being on the bottom of the barrel until then. That, and they're probably secretly hoping lightning strikes twice, and they get another Daniel situation out of him. The problem is that they don't give him any slack to create that situation like Daniel was able to with his run before 18 seconds.

XenoRaven

I'm guessing no one in the entire world would agree with me, but I can think of two guys that would be believable against Lesnar.

Unhinged Face Randy Orton
Bray Wyatt

Edit: Oh yeah, Cesaro would be believable but he just lost to Rob Van Dam on the pre-show so he's out unless he wins the Rumble and gets a super build to Wrestlempffffff-ahahahahahahaha

Sephzilla

I just think the "believe-ability" argument goes out the window in a universe where Undertaker is supposed to have real super powers.

It's not a huge change, they're just replacing the main plate with the new logo.

Pretty much this. Just a new face plate and they're (hopefully) retiring the Big Gold Belt.

Patryn

If they do a tournament for the number 1 contender, do you envision Brock dropping before Mania? If not, how does the Royal Rumble fit in?

When I saw him earlier in the year, I thought he'd be a strong contender by now at least. They basically took a good step backwards with him, which is just crazy to me. Raw is 3 hours. I can't even watch it because it's too long, but that's a lot of time where you should be able to build a couple of guys.

They've done a good job with The Shield. So they can do it.

They basically put Cesaro on hold while they focus on Reigns. That's the way I see it.

BHZ Mayor

Tbh, no one is believable at this point. The #1 guy, the main character of the show, who almost never loses clean, not only lost clean, but got utterly squashed as if he were some local jobber.

Honestly, Brock should be in a feud with the Wyatt Family. They proved they can work a heel vs. heel angle with the Shield, and it has a good connection to a Daniel Bryan return.

Sephzilla

I'd watch Brock vs Wyatt. But honestly Wyatt still hasn't fully recovered from the Cena poison. It would be an entertaining feud but it would almost have to end with Brock destroying them, and that might ruin Bray.

Verendus

Banned
I'm kind of glad Undertaker lost now. His streak was becoming a joke. I saw that Wrestlemania Hell in a Cell recently. Old man taking a dozen finishing moves but wins. It's too much. I'm glad Brock killed his ass so we're past this streak that no one really cared about anyway. Brock broke the streak and still can't generate heat and I'm supposed to have believed that it was career suicide for whoever broke it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Smart move letting them backstage, WWE. Get the crossover ASAP.

Sephzilla

I'm kind of glad Undertaker lost now. His streak was becoming a joke. I saw that Wrestlemania Hell in a Cell recently. Old man taking a dozen finishing moves but wins. It's too much. I'm glad Brock killed his ass so we're past this streak that no one really cared about anyway. Brock broke the streak and still can't generate heat and I'm supposed to have believed that it was career suicide for whoever broke it.

I have no issue with The Streak ending. My issue still is just that the build up to Taker/Brock was god awful and it made the end of the match feel so anti climatic.

That "End of an Era" match with HHH seriously did go too far though.

Cagey

Banned
The point re: believability is that Brock Lesnar's monster mystique comes from the fact he's a real motherfucker. You're supposed to buy that he's more dangerous than the rest because he won real fights and was a champion in a sport with real fights and he fights f'reals. It's on some fourth wall breaking shit because his presence ruins the suspension of disbelief that Big Show can lose to Rey Mysterio because wrestling. That's what they're selling in the video packages. That's what they're giving you with him committing war crimes against John Cena last night.

That plus he's enormous.

Is it too much to ask to not be subjected to the story ending not with some cartoon wrasslin shit but with another real motherfucker going toe-to-toe?

Sephzilla

The point re: believability is that Brock Lesnar's monster mystique comes from the fact he's a real motherfucker. You're supposed to buy that he's more dangerous than the rest because he won real fights and was a champion in a sport with real fights and he fights f'reals. It's on some fourth wall breaking shit because his presence ruins the suspension of disbelief that Big Show can lose to Rey Mysterio because wrestling. That's what they're selling in the video packages. That's what they're giving you with him committing war crimes against John Cena last night.

That plus he's enormous.

Is it too much to ask to not be subjected to the story ending not with some cartoon wrasslin shit but with another real motherfucker going toe-to-toe?

Hahaha. My friends were commenting last night about Brock just being a beast and my immediate response to that conversation was "Yeah and this is what Brock looks like when he's only pretend fighting. You should see him when he's actually hurting people"

Is it true that Vince has soured on Bo's gimmick?

The crowd was really responding to it.

Thats what it sounds like. Which sucks, Bo is awesome.

DMczaf

That plus he's enormous.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Are you saying....That Motherfucker?!

Malenko_001_0.jpg

Xater

That plus he's enormous.

They don't have anyone else like that though.

Also that one kid shouting "Let's go Cena!" during the whole match was so annoying.

If people think Cesaro was put with Heyman because he can't talk, they should listen to some of his interviews and promos.

And again, with his skill set and strength all it takes is some impressive matches with unquestionable displays of strength for him to be seen as a legitimate threat against anyone.

Who foresaw Mark Henry's House of Pain? Who cared about all the embarrassing defeats Mark had had before that once it got rolling?

When Cesaro giant swings Brock, or tosses him up into the air for the uppercut, no one is going to be saying 'but he lost to RVD, there is no way I can believe he can beat Brock'.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha. My friends were commenting last night about Brock just being a beast and my immediate response to that conversation was "Yeah and this is what Brock looks like when he's only pretend fighting. You should see him when he's actually hurting people"

LkKcD5H.gif

That plus he's enormous.

Not saying I want it to happen, it would ultimately be bad for long term business but in the short term if The Rock came back tonight to challenge Brock, the crowd would eat that shit up. I know I would.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock vs Rusev will just end in Brock squashing Rusev and ditching Sable to make super Aryan babies with Lana.

Rusev don't want none of that

Top Bottom