• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Verendus

Banned
That Raw was also the follow up episode to this

SEj3OoR.gif

I have a feeling Bryan reaching red-hot over as fuck levels helped those ratings a ton.
You're reaching. Just give credit where it's due without trying your best to look elsewhere. Batista's return was advertised for weeks and people tuned in. He did a bigger number than anyone not named Rock in the last three years. He's obviously a big name, they just botched his return.

Well we have already seen the new belt. It. Was only a question of time. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens on RAW.

The Network logo has been rolled out as the company logo over the weekend so it's probably happening tonight.

Have we? Where?

And yeah I bank on it happening tonight. Man, the new WWE title really didn't last long

It's basically the same belt style with the new logo.

Penguin

On paper, the person to usurp Brock Lesnar should be...

Dean Ambrose

Willing to throw his body at a situation and deal with pain

Could be his style is so eccentric and sporadic that not even Paul Heyman could strategize against him

Dean Ambrose

Could be his style is so eccentric and sporadic that not even Paul Heyman could strategize against him

Ambrose is crazy enough that he would be willing to try and could actually find a way to pull it off.

imBask

Banned
I LOVE Dean Ambrose, but you guys are insane. I'm not even sure if he'll be in a midcard title shot run after everything is done with Rollins

Ithil

I LOVE Dean Ambrose, but you guys are insane. I'm not even sure if he'll be in a midcard title shot run after everything is done with Rollins

Ambrose is screaming "the one to watch" to me every time he shows up. Like he's going to end up far bigger a star than WWE realise.

I think Cesaro would be most believable. I mean, obviously he's been on a losing streak and you'd need to fix that, but just have him do a bunch of feats of strength. Follow what they did to make Mark Henry a legit threat after years of being a joke.

When a guy is legitimately incredibly strong, you can turn them around pretty fast I think. If you need a face... simple. Have Rusev go ape shit and beat the piss out of Jack Swagger and then have Cesaro beat Rusev. Instant legitimacy.

Xater

Have we? Where?

And yeah I bank on it happening tonight. Man, the new WWE title really didn't last long

A picture of Triple H with the Network Logo title appeared in this thread a while ago.

I think Cesaro would be most believable. I mean, obviously he's been on a losing streak and you'd need to fix that, but just have him do a bunch of feats of strength. Follow what they did to make Mark Henry a legit threat after years of being a joke.

When a guy is legitimately incredibly strong, you can turn them around pretty fast I think. If you need a face... simple. Have Rusev go ape shit and beat the piss out of Jack Swagger and then have Cesaro beat Rusev. Instant legitimacy.

But WWE seems to be very keen on burying Cesaro right now.

imBask

Banned
Ambrose is screaming "the one to watch" to me every time he shows up. Like he's going to end up far bigger a star than WWE realise.

and Cesaro is an amazing worker, yet he lost against fucking RVD in the pre-show last night...

Vince is Vince, if at that very moment he's not into Ambrose, you can forget about it

Pavaloo

brie will beat brock #briemode

straight up though, i don't want a new unified belt anymore. everyone looked stupid carrying two massive heavy ass belts to the ring, but it actually suits brock. looks like a fucking beast each belt is like the size of one of his pecs. the dude makes john cena look tiny when he picks him up for an f5. god damn.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Honestly, if they started RIGHT FREAKING NOW, they could easily build Cesaro up to face Brock, who really is the obvious choice, as he has that aura of legitimacy, but can also be conceivably beaten by guys like Bryan.(For the record, I think that if booked correctly, he could beat Brock as well.)

But, let's be honest here, that's not going to happen, no, instead they're going to change from one Cena, to an even worse Cena, Roman Reigns. The only thing this guy ever had going for him was a Spear, and boy did that grow old after seeing it every single week on RAW for months on end.

Ithil

A picture of Triple H with the Network Logo title appeared in this thread a while ago.

But WWE seems to be very keen on burying Cesaro right now.

Extra stupid because I thought Cesaro came off really well at that panel, he was clever and charismatic, which stops the "good wrestler but boring" talking point in its tracks. I have no idea why they have this really obvious star with "all the tools" as they love to say, and they're dumping him in the micard for no reason at all.

Verendus

Banned
I'm honestly wondering when this burial of Cesaro started. The flaw of not watching WWE 99% of the time is I'm confused as to how Cesaro went from being over at Wrestlemania 30, then teaming with Heyman, to all of a sudden jobbing to RVD on the pre-show. They messed up with him. I don't think he could ever be a top star like Ambrose or Reigns (WWE going to make this man obviously), but he'd be a solid gatekeeper main eventer.

All this thread tells me is that it's all Heyman's fault. Dude who can't talk is put with someone who can, but somehow ends up ruined because of it. Maths is failing me.

Not a bad idea. Right now, any babyface you throw at Brock is going to squashed and the crowd will want them to get squashed.

Could even be someone who is a heel now, but over the course of the tournament turns babyface. (Rusev converts to freedom)

Or someone like Ambrose could skyrocket to stardom. Maybe Reigns improves?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly wondering when this burial of Cesaro started. The flaw of not watching WWE 99% of the time is I'm confused as to how Cesaro went from being over at Wrestlemania 30, then teaming with Heyman, to all of a sudden jobbing to RVD on the pre-show. They messed up with him. I don't think he could ever be a top star like Ambrose or Rollins, but he'd be a solid gatekepper main eventer.

All this thread tells me is that it's all Heyman's fault. Dude who can't talk is put with someone who can, but somehow ends up ruined because of it. Maths is failing me.

It hasn't been a burial. It's just been a brick wall in front of him and time has whittled his stock down to nearly nothing. He'll be back, and it won't be tough for him.

Being "dumped on the preshow" isn't a burial. It's where you put your most accessible and fun match to serve as a gateway for people to impulse buy the show.

Xater

I'm honestly wondering when this burial of Cesaro started. The flaw of not watching WWE 99% of the time is I'm confused as to how Cesaro went from being over at Wrestlemania 30, then teaming with Heyman, to all of a sudden jobbing to RVD on the pre-show. They messed up with him. I don't think he could ever be a top star like Ambrose or Reigns (WWE going to make this man obviously), but he'd be a solid gatekeeper main eventer.

Because they didn't make him a face like he was destined to be after Wrestlemania.

They need a segment on RAW of Seth going going backstage yelling "DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A MITB BRIEFCASE?"

Twitter was fucking on fire last night with what Seth was doing with the briefcase after Brock won:

Lighting it on fire
Destroying it with a bulldozer
Trying to hand it off to people
Just handing it to Brock

DMczaf

They should treat the briefcase like a Jumanji game in progress. Seth keeps trying to throw that shit away, but it keeps reappearing in his luggage, hotel room, locker, etc.

Ithil

We should really kill this "believability" argument, because everyone uses it until it's a guy they want to win, then it's out the window.

Gonzalez

Banned
I think Bryan should defeat Brock, but only after having shonen style training arcs and being visited by the ghosts of John Cena and the Undertaker and all the people that will die because of Brock's reign. It will also involve Bray Wyatt turning face and giving Daniel Bryan the power of some of the most powerful souls he has taken over the years.

I've said it a thousand times already, Bryan is Gohan. He had his moment in the sun already, but do to his personal life he ended up losing focus, and lost to a pawn. We're all just waiting for Cena(Goku) to comeback from the dead to save everyone's ass again.

Verendus

Banned
It hasn't been a burial. It's just been a brick wall in front of him and time has whittled his stock down to nearly nothing. He'll be back, and it won't be tough for him.

Being "dumped on the preshow" isn't a burial. It's where you put your most accessible and fun match to serve as a gateway for people to impulse buy the show.
When I saw him earlier in the year, I thought he'd be a strong contender by now at least. They basically took a good step backwards with him, which is just crazy to me. Raw is 3 hours. I can't even watch it because it's too long, but that's a lot of time where you should be able to build a couple of guys.

They've done a good job with The Shield. So they can do it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We should really kill this "believability" argument, because everyone uses it until it's a guy they want to win, then it's out the window.

Plenty of wrestlers I'd want as champion that I don't think are believable in certain situations. I don't think Bray Wyatt is going to beat Brock for example, but I still want him to win.

Ithil

Plenty of wrestlers I'd want as champion that I don't think are believable in certain situations. I don't think Bray Wyatt is going to beat Brock for example, but I still want him to win.

This is what I mean. You would want him to win anyway, so the "believability" argument goes out the window and doesn't matter anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also the Paige being a two time champ in like three months of being in the WWE is the absolute shit I hate. Who gives a shit if she's a two time champion when you fuckers inflate the reigns so fucking bad that it makes you seem worse for having multiple reigns rather than better.

I remember in TNA when Rhyno won the title for the first time, and I actually felt like that was a big deal because it was built up, and he won it from Jeff Jarrett of all people. And so when they'd mention him being a former NWA champion, it'd mean something to me. 'I'm a former 8 time US champion' or whatever, who gives a shit.

Recall

Dean Ambrose

I liked it when it took 4-5 years of being on TV before being worthy enough of even being near the main belt. Titles are now meaningless but I would prefer they gave him a single title run and have it mean the world to all involved not just be a tiny flicker of brightness.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
This is what I mean. You would want him to win anyway, so the "believability" argument goes out the window and doesn't matter anymore.

The argument is a joke anyways, anyone who has done any research to the old No Weight-classes UFC would know that.

Verendus

Banned
It makes no sense simply because CM Punk had Lesnar beat twice last year if I remember correctly. The only reason he looks so legitimate now is because he broke the streak and just dominated Cena.

But I'd buy plenty of people beating him. Bryan basically destroyed Evolution in one night and he was about 50%. Reigns is killing everyone now. And all it takes is a snap of the finger and Cena will come back as Superman and beat the crap out of Lesnar.

Come on now, Kane of all people looked stronger than anyone I've seen at Extreme Rules. About thirty weapon shots, wouldn't tap to the Yes Lock, went through a Flaming Table, took a finisher and was then up seconds later. Kane. In one night, looked like Godzilla.

All that matters is that the fans are behind who they want to win. If Reigns is over, he's believable. Bryan is believable because he's over.

Orton I don't buy because no one cares about him, for example.

Top Bottom