• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Much like Anderson Silva, Brock's reign in the Ultimate was manufactured. His biggest win was over a nearly 50 year old man.

You're a masterclass. Take off those first four words and I'd have probably taken the bait before even realizing who I was responding to.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sounds like every Reigns match.
Also lol @ Stephanie, who was never a wrestler and had been out of the ring for 10 years, having to carry Brie's ass. So Brie can't wrestle, she's not anything special looks-wise, she can't cut a promo, she's only there because of who she's with now.

It's sad.
No she's there because for some reason Vince decided that the Bella twins should be the female faces of the company. A long time ago

njean777

No she's there because for some reason Vince decided that the Bella twins should be the female faces of the company. A long time ago

Stephanie should be the diva face of the company. She is a better talker, better wrestler, and is hot. Fuck every other diva right now.

I feel like Taker/Brock at Mania 30 was going to be where Brock starts his going buckwild thing, but Taker got hurt.

Imagine if Brock had legit squashed Taker like he did Cena

necro.gif

Kornflayx

@LanaWWE

Congrats @HeymanHustle & @BrockLesnar for winning World Heavy Weight championship title. It will make it more fun to #CRUSH you! #SummerSlam

Oh yes, it's beginning

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Glorious. Necro at his best is real good stuff.

I'm imagining Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game level of throws

I was thinking more WWE All Stars

Uppercut into the air, four hit punch combo before he hits the ground, grab the leg to slam him into the mat so that he bounces back in the air and lands on Brock's shoulders. F5 into the crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
@LanaWWE

Congrats @HeymanHustle & @BrockLesnar for winning World Heavy Weight championship title. It will make it more fun to #CRUSH you! #SummerSlam

Oh yes, it's beginning

Rusev getting the Ryback treatment by getting shoved into a title match he can't win and ends any kind of push he might have gotten? Sure, I'll buy it.

Kornflayx

Rusev getting the Ryback treatment by getting shoved into a title match he can't win and ends any kind of push he might have gotten? Sure, I'll buy it.

Rusev needs to be repackaged anyway before getting the title. And they need to throw Brock some guys he can dominate. Why not give him Rusev who can work very snug and have a fun 10 - 15 minute slugfest?

A loss to Brock Lesnar is not the end of the world, especially after he did THAT to John Cena.

Bowser

From the Sheetz:

According to F4WOnline.com, there have been a lot of rumors circulating claiming Vince McMahon and Triple H have been “butting heads” when it comes to Brock Lesnar’s opponent at WrestleMania 31.

Triple H reportedly wants
Roman Reigns
vs Brock Lesnar at the big PPV, while Vince wants
The Rock
vs Brock Lesnar.

Backstage word is that Vince tends to undercut Triple H sometimes, and even makes him look bad, but it could just be a case of “good cop/bad cop” as there are no real hard feelings between the two.

Cagey

Banned
So last Monday I ordered the new Swagger We The People tee for my buddy who got married this weekend as a semi-joke gift, given his passion for libertarian politics and America and wrasslin and Dirty Dutch Mantel.

I noted that I ordered overnight, and the carnies up in Stamford delayed shipping my order for 5 days, meaning I couldn't get the item in time for the wedding. Never fear, I'm told! I'll get the items on Monday. It's just sitting in the warehouse waiting to get on a truck. So I tell the groom, he's pumped.

Just now, the thrilling conclusion.

Dear WWE Fan,

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we had to cancel your order as the item (s) that you ordered are no longer available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Now I get told the item's sold out and they're not getting any more. This fucking company.

EDIT: silver lining would be that Jack Swagger is selling shirts like MFer?

I'm surprised people still think Bryan will come back and be gifted even more infinite chances. Yeah, both of those options look dumb, but at least they're realistic. At some point you've given a guy enough chances

Sephzilla

If they'd bring back an old guy to wrestle Brock I'd rather have Austin to be perfectly honest. Austin just seems like more of the brawler type who wouldn't be afraid to walk up to Brock and punch him in the face.

Too bad Austin's neck is probably more fragile than Bryan's.

Gonzalez

Banned
So this is the first UFC match I've watched;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbcUBMjybE

2 questions:-
-Are these goofy entrance themes for real or have they been censored for stock music?
-Did Brock always get beat up close to this bad in his matches?

1) Yes they were edited. Lesnar actually used Enter Sandman as his entrance theme.
2) Sort of, but not really. His last three fights with Carwin(he won that fight though), Velazquez, and Overeem had him looking like the mortal man that he is.

So this is the first UFC match I've watched;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbcUBMjybE

-Did Brock always get beat up close to this bad in his matches?

No, there were like two times he ever got beat up bad in the UFC. The Shane Carwin fight (which he wound up winning because Carwin gassed worse than Rock after 4 minutes), and that fight (which was Brock's next-to-last in the UFC). I don't count his last fight (a loss to Overeem) because Overeem tested positive for elevated testosterone after, and Cheaters Never Truly Win.

DMczaf

This is probably Brock's last real reign as champ. We have to treasure this. Treasure every moment. Because when it ends, and he walks away... ;_;

Top Bottom