• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Recall

If Ambrose and Rollins make it to To Hell In A Cell it will be Godlike. If anyone can make HIAC look good in PG Era it's those two!

I'd love it if Rollins gloats about taking Dean out once and for all untill the PPV and on it he teases cashing in but Ambrose re appears fucking him over again!
Leading into a Hell In A Cell for the MITB.

I actually would like to see them in a standard cage match. I bet they could make it the best one in years.

They have done a decent job of making the IC belt something to give a damn about again. I hope they turn their attention to the tag titles and building a good tag division.

Mengetsu

I actually would like to see them in a standard cage match. I bet they could make it the best one in years.
I'd be ok with this as well. Just about anything they do is gonna be entertaining anyway :lol
They have done a decent job of making the IC belt something to give a damn about again. I hope they turn their attention to the tag titles and building a good tag division.
I hope so as well. Cody started with making it white again and talking about the legacy of the title and Ziggler is passionate about the title as well and what it represents.
Yes! Corey Graves! King of Lean, #staydown!
Haha seems like there's more fans of Graves than I thought!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Enlightened know to enjoy Corey Graves. Ridiculously good looking man.

What's the difference between a no holds barred match and a no DQ?

Technically, rules wise... nothing.

But no holds barred matches do not involve weapons and no DQ matches do. Now, you can't get disqualified in a no holds barred match if you did use a weapon...but wrestlers just don't.

It's a very weird kayfabe thing. Sort of like how triple threat matches don't all just turn into weapon matches even though technically they are no DQ also.

I don't want to get too optimistic, given how well things have been going, but Rybaxel, the DUST BRUSTERS, Worlds Strongest Tag Team (or whatever they'll call it), The Wyatts (who, just, please BOOK THEM TO ACTUALLY WIN ONCE OR TWICE), Slater Gator and the Usos is a pretty good foundation to start rebuilding the division.

Vylash

Stop trying to make Corey Graves happen WrassleGAF, we ain't buying your shit.

can't even hear you, bro

tumblr_static_tumblr_mmvs0nn9wk1s8w050o2_500.gif

STAY DOWN

Ithil

You know, it's just getting really weird that Reigns has absolutely nothing to do with the Dean/Seth feud, especially when Ambrose is now being killed live on RAW during it. You can't really say "well he's moved on from the Shield" because the goon still has the Shield's theme, entrance, taunts, catchphrase and gear.

Hasney

You know, it's just getting really weird that Reigns has absolutely nothing to do with the Dean/Seth feud, especially when Ambrose is now being killed live on RAW during it. You can't really say "well he's moved on from the Shield" because the goon still has the Shield's theme, entrance, taunts, catchphrase and gear.

They should have Ambrose cost him a #1 contenders match when he returns and let the crowd decide if that's a heel turn or not.

Reigns blames the authority and has been feuding with them. You can flip that around just the same. Why hasn't Dean been helping Roman go after Randy Orton? Why didn't he help him in HIS MITB match? Etc.

And maybe he is helping him. Dean didn't lock himself in that trunk, or wrap himself in that present now, did he?

Mengetsu

It's a handicap cause he can't do his own thing like Rollins and Ambrose. I hate that he still has most of the gear and The Shields Theme song. It will not be special at this rate when they reunite in the coming years I hope he gets a new song soon at least. So many crutches for Reigns it's ridiculous.

Vylash

well to be fair, how would they do that? a triple threat? that wouldn't make sense since ambrose and reigns have no reason not to work together to beat the shit out of rollins but that would make them look like heels, having 3 guys in a situation like this is pretty messy

KissVibes

Banned

Uh, excuse me. Roman Reigns IS The Shield. He was always The Shield. He just let those other two midcarders tag along for the ride and yeah, they were pretty useful at times but it's over. Ambrose and Rollins can fight over a briefcase or whatever it is they're doing. Roman Reigns needs to beat Randy Orton for another four PPVs and has a championship to win in April. He's too busy to get involved in that lesser bullshit.

They probably want to keep him away from those two because they both outclass him at everything a wrestler needs to be great at and people may like him less. Bad enough Orton came off as being more over at SummerSlam.

Uh, excuse me. Roman Reigns IS The Shield. He was always The Shield. He just let those other two midcarders tag along for the ride and yeah, they were pretty useful at times but it's over. Ambrose and Rollins can fight over a briefcase or whatever it is they're doing. Roman Reigns needs to beat Randy Orton for another four PPVs and has a championship to win in April. He's too busy to get involved in that lesser bullshit.

They probably want to keep him away from those two because they both outclass him at everything a wrestler needs to be great at and people may like him less. Bad enough Orton came off as being more over at SummerSlam.

Orton went full on baby face to the crowd last night in that six man tag, tagging in Ryback when the crowd were chanting for it. I mean, he reestablished his heelness against Flair (who sang his praises very highly the night before) after, but I was pretty surprised by that whole bit.

I mean, when you're a heel and the crowd want to see someone tagged in, you don't tag that person in. Orton is more over, but that shouldn't be seen as a knock against Reigns. Reigns isn't there yet, but he's steadily improving. He gets good crowd responses, and not getting as good a response as an established star is no big problem.

Cagey

Banned
The Reigns Derangement Syndrome started early because he wasn't one of the fans' Chosen Ones, and it's only gotten worse since the WWE has given him some time to shine instead of making him the Samoan guy in 4MB.

Avatar aside (which amuses me to no end), I like the dude. That's about it. I find the hate to be funny, over the top, and an encapsulation of bad things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Orton went full on baby face to the crowd last night in that six man tag, tagging in Ryback when the crowd were chanting for it. I mean, he reestablished his heelness against Flair (who sang his praises very highly the night before) after, but I was pretty surprised by that whole bit.

I mean, when you're a heel and the crowd want to see someone tagged in, you don't tag that person in. Orton is more over, but that shouldn't be seen as a knock against Reigns. Reigns isn't there yet, but he's steadily improving. He gets good crowd responses, and not getting as good a response as an established star is no big problem.

Orton was just playing to the crowd for a 6 man that didn't really mean much of anything. It was basically a House Show match.

Well clearly Stone Cold is just hating and doesn't know any better and that Roman is fine and the internet's just being the internet.

Roman is adding more moves to his offense. Are we expecting him to learn as fast as Kurt Angle or something? That's what I'm a bit confused by. Wake me up when they put him in the top spot in the company before he's ready. He's clearly not ready and he's clearly being groomed for the top spot, but he's gradually improving, and I personally think he'll get there.

Cagey

Banned
He also said real life Roman's is very charismatic and WWE should stop scripting his promos.

Clearly Stone Cold doesn't know what he's talking about and is just defending his former company's golden boy with solid rocket boosters on his back because he's a null void of personality and talent. Am I doing this right?

EDIT: Ambrose gets written off so he can go film some WWE direct-to-Botchamania movie and it's interpreted by some posters here as the company's way of getting people who outshine Reigns off TV. I mean... LOL.

jmdajr

Dean off of TV works for me because then we can have Hell in a Cell in October. It was going to be a long road there but now it will just seem like a skip away.

BHZ Mayor

Reigns has been in the lower-to-mid card for the last few weeks now. All of the rumors surrounding a title run say at least Wrestlemania, so that's at least 7 months from now. Think about that for a second.

Reigns has been in the lower-to-mid card for the last few weeks now. All of the rumors surrounding a title run say at least Wrestlemania, so that's at least 7 months from now. Think about that for a second.

Right. People are going 'He's not ready!' like they're about to strap the belt on him.

Ithil

well to be fair, how would they do that? a triple threat? that wouldn't make sense since ambrose and reigns have no reason not to work together to beat the shit out of rollins but that would make them look like heels, having 3 guys in a situation like this is pretty messy

They don't need a triple threat or even Reigns to be there all the time. Just in certain situations, like the one last night, he should be there to try and help. They can do "Reigns vs Authority" and "Ambrose vs Rollins" separately, but hell, Rollins is part of the Authority, they ought to intersect at times.

Forkball

So who is BROCK. LESNAR. going to face in the coming months? Here are options I've seen thrown around...

Cena: An obvious pick, they would need a gimmick match to make it even more interesting.
Batista: It's something new and he currently has the Drax bump.
RVD: A good contrast to Brock Lesnar, and there is already Heyman history between them so it writes itself. RVD can also sell getting killed just as good as anyone.
Sheamus: I think this match could be amazing but Sheamus is so cold with the audience.
Big Show: Good god no one wants this but it could happen I just know it could.

jmdajr

So who is BROCK. LESNAR. going to face in the coming months? Here are options I've seen thrown around...

Cena: An obvious pick, they would need a gimmick match to make it even more interesting.
RVD: A good contrast to Brock Lesnar, and there is already Heyman history between them so it writes itself. RVD can also sell getting killed just as good as anyone.
Sheamus: I think this match could be amazing but Sheamus is so cold with the audience.

hmzSZNS_zps31a876a0.gif

Sounds cool but ain't gonna happen

KissVibes

Banned
You know who should face BROCK LESNAR? Luke Harper.

Just every fuckin' big dude in WWE. Let him work his way up to Cena.

Cesaro should go first. Squash him and have Heyman personally handover his walking papers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Mark Henry.

One last final mega push like a few years ago where he split everyones wig and he's going to retire as WWE champion after beating Lesnar.
They'll have him drop the title on RAW the following night to Cena or something.

BHZ Mayor

This is totally off tangent, but why do the games still use 2-man commentary? Even with 2K15 saying they recorded new lines for King and Cole, why nothing for JBL (as annoying as he is)?

Top Bottom