• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

BHZ Mayor

Thread title should be

August Wrasslin' |OT2| $9.99. What? It's for charity!

Someone else already posted it. Its the best I have seen so far.

As good as this title is, I think it should be saved for the September OT rather than sending it out to die in an OT2. But, I understand that by then, there'll be some other quotable too good to pass up.

Xater

So Daniel Bryan was being interviewed by Dave Meltzer and all Bryan wanted to talk about was New Japan and the G1. Meanwhile WWE PR is desperately trying to get Bryan away from Meltzer. That's hilarious.

Daniel Bryan thinks Shinsuke Nakamura is the best wrestler in the world.

Where can I hear/see this? Also Bryan might be right.

So Daniel Bryan was being interviewed by Dave Meltzer and all Bryan wanted to talk about was New Japan and the G1. Meanwhile WWE PR is desperately trying to get Bryan away from Meltzer. That's hilarious.

where did you hear this? link!

PInk Tape

Banned
Its like any messy break up.

Some times people break up and keep it classy. Sometimes (like this story) someone is super pissed and takes the scorched earth policy and you have to stop talking to them and block them of social media for a few weeks while they cool down. A partner cheating will do that to a person.

I wouldnt blame anyone for making that shit public in that situation but I also wouldnt call it the right thing to do. In the end everyone seems like dirtbags.

It's a possibility, sure. But she now has to deal with the fuckwads on Twitter and other social media places again just based on that rumor. And you just know they'll be out for blood.

It's such a shitty situation all around.

Anyone getting Diablo?

Ehh, probably not. I already played it on the 360 and I just don't feel like playing it again.

Link that shit up dude

BHZ Mayor

I'm not gonna give the guy the satisfaction of linking to his Tumblr, but Zoe Quinn's ex was so mad that he's an ex that he went on Tumblr and called her a slut and basically said she's fucking either everybody in indie gaming or just the big guys there I forget which. All that needs to be known about how sexist that was and how sexist and awful the comments toward her from the public since it was posted have been is this: 4chan and Reddit are outright deleting entire posts (and maybe threads too) that are heinous and derogatory towards her.

4chan. and. Reddit. Even they think awful shit directed at her has gone too far and refuse to deal with it anymore.

Damn. Too shitty for even 4chan. Good lord.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thinking about it, Rollins really got the best out of the Shield finishers.

The Curbstomp - I can't believe they use that name, but I can also. It's flashy but not so flashy that it's a face move. Does a good job of showing his athleticism, but it's still a very heel-like move. It's easy to set up without falling into the RKO OUTTANOWHERE booking. It's simple and does what it's supposed to do while looking real painful. It's unique, unlike the indie curbstomp that got ran into the ground in the mid 2000s independent scene a la the Lungblower.

Dirty Deeds - Looks dumb. Looks like a gimp cutter. Looks 'different for the sake of being different' which is never a good idea. Mostly relies on the receiver to make it look good. Should go back to using the Regal Stretch as his finisher or something else. Unlike Bray who took a dumb looking move and made it seem more important with the way he sets it up and plays off his character, Dean's Dirty Deeds is the weakest of the three.

The Spear - Somewhat falls into the Orton OUTTANOWHERE realm of focusing more on the finish setup than the match itself, but I guess that's Roman's entire moveset. Has the same setup as the Superman Punch, so kayfabe-wise, you just have to ask, 'why wouldn't you always do the spear?' His form is great, but he doesn't have the Goldberg speed or Rhyno's tank-y build where he looks like he just runs right through them.

Ithil

where did you hear this? link!

It's on the newest Observer radio show. Meltzer brought it up to point out how there's zero bullshit with Bryan in interviews, no corporate rehearsed stuff like Stephanie or Cena, Bryan is just a guy you talk to who talks about what he likes. You'd never heard Cena say a guy in NJPW is the best wrestler in the world, for instance.

Bryan's word on how many in WWE were watching the G1 was "not enough". Cesaro was watching it anyway, and Tyson Kidd.

Zach

Thinking about it, Rollins really got the best out of the Shield finishers.

The Curbstomp - I can't believe they use that name, but I can also. It's flashy but not so flashy that it's a face move. Does a good job of showing his athleticism, but it's still a very heel-like move. It's easy to set up without falling into the RKO OUTTANOWHERE booking. It's simple and does what it's supposed to do while looking real painful. It's unique, unlike the indie curbstomp that got ran into the ground in the mid 2000s independent scene a la the Lungblower.

Dirty Deeds - Looks dumb. Looks like a gimp cutter. Looks 'different for the sake of being different' which is never a good idea. Mostly relies on the receiver to make it look good. Should go back to using the Regal Stretch as his finisher or something else. Unlike Bray who took a dumb looking move and made it seem more important with the way he sets it up and plays off his character, Dean's Dirty Deeds is the weakest of the three.

The Spear - Somewhat falls into the Orton OUTTANOWHERE realm of focusing more on the finish setup than the match itself, but I guess that's Roman's entire moveset. Has the same setup as the Superman Punch, so kayfabe-wise, you just have to ask, 'why wouldn't you always do the spear?' His form is great, but he doesn't have the Goldberg speed or Rhyno's tank-y build where he looks like he just runs right through them.

Why anyone would use the spear as a finisher post-Goldberg is beyond me. No one can do it as awesomely and it wasn't even the man's real finisher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My two favorite gores
rhynogorestherockm2izf.gif

rhynogoresaj5mzkf.gif

My two favorite Goldberg spears
O12nnc7.gif

goldbergspearsnunzio.gif~c200

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you haven't lived until you've taken a peek at the ninthings going ape in the samus thread

That is an interesting subset of humanity, let me tell you

don't go in there

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's on the newest Observer radio show. Meltzer brought it up to point out how there's zero bullshit with Bryan in interviews, no corporate rehearsed stuff like Stephanie or Cena, Bryan is just a guy you talk to who talks about what he likes. You'd never heard Cena say a guy in NJPW is the best wrestler in the world, for instance.

Bryan's word on how many in WWE were watching the G1 was "not enough". Cesaro was watching it anyway, and Tyson Kidd.
People with lots of free time to watch floppy indie shit.

Mengetsu

Sting Talks About Meeting Vince McMahon, Why He Likes Bray Wyatt, Watching WWE, More

His dealings with WWE so far:

"It's very impressive. It's a class A operation. These are very professional people, from the office people to marketing to merchandising. I was up in the offices in Connecticut and saw the different departments. It's unbelievable. The whole roster, the talent and everybody there has been all top-notch."

Meeting Vince McMahon:

"It was very good. I've spoken to him many times over the years. I may a NATPE (National Association of Television Program Executives) convention over the years in the early 1990's at one point. There was a recent time a few weeks ago we had met."

A possible match with Bray Wyatt, who caught Sting's eye:

"I'd love to see that. I'd love to see Bray Wyatt coming up the way he is because he has the one thing I do believe that is missing. It's the characters. Everybody is just so grey. Not everybody. I'm just saying wrestling in general in the last 10 years or so everybody got kind of grey. The personalities I grew up with like "Macho Man" Randy Savage was a reason I wanted to get into wrestling. Hulk Hogan and his personality, completely over-the-top. So I think this is really good. Wyatt is not completely over-the-top. Bray Wyatt has the ability to have a good mix of both. He has some realism along with his character."

Keeping up with WWE:

"I'm just now starting to watch and pay attention. I'm learning the roster as we speak because I'm a strange breed. You have 30 years, and I've never watched any wrestling really. I don't watch it. I never have. I never watched myself. So now I'm just learning it all. I'm using it for study."

somedevil

Can't wait till the total Diva storyline where Natalya is being ignored by Tyson Kidd watching some Okada matches.

ohhhh gotcha. Thanks!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I may end up getting 2k15 just because it's one of the few things this year in gaming that has gotten some kind of reaction out of me. Even if the reaction is, 'hey they manage to update the graphics.' It's better than every other 2k year where it's 'hey they updated the roster. sort of.'

It's like that and the PS4 GTA are the only things calling to me, and I don't even think that's coming out this year. I did enjoy the Attitude Era in the last 2k game, that was the last one right? Everything else is just like 'eh'. No Witcher this year, no Project Eternity, no Hotline Miami 2(?) and I know AC Unity and Far Cry 3 will be 20 dollars in about 6 months.

Oh and Dragon Age, but my brother's getting that.

Sid

I may end up getting 2k15 just because it's one of the few things this year in gaming that has gotten some kind of reaction out of me. Even if the reaction is, 'hey they manage to update the graphics.' It's better than every other 2k year where it's 'hey they updated the roster. sort of.'

It's like that and the PS4 GTA are the only things calling to me, and I don't even think that's coming out this year. I did enjoy the Attitude Era in the last 2k game, that was the last one right? Everything else is just like 'eh'. No Witcher this year, no Project Eternity, no Hotline Miami 2(?) and I know AC Unity and Far Cry 3 will be 20 dollars in about 6 months.

Oh and Dragon Age, but my brother's getting that.
2014 really changed me as a gamer,I played about 1/5th of the games I used to but almost every one of them has been top class besides Infamous and Killzone, for the rest of the year I'll be buying Lords of The Fallen, GTA V, The Evil Within for PC and 2K15 for PS4 mainly due to the updated graphics, my career and the story mode, last one I bought was WWE '12.

strobogo

Banned
When Bruno lost his title for the first time was that ever taped by WWWF?

Yes.

Bruno vs Koloff

Obviously not the full match. I don't think that's the original commentator. The only footage I've seen WWE use is of the finish. I'm not sure if the full match even exists still.

Everything about that ending segment gave me WCW 2000 vibes. Like 'curb stomping a dude on cement blocks' was some shit I could see Vampiro doing or whatever

Nah. It was dumb, but not that dumb.

All the green fucked it up
but
iUSJe0MCVrSbD.gif

i9MsOvdT5gEup.gif

Top Bottom