• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
53VmnAO.jpg

How the fuck do people not realize the thing with Bryan being a cheater was made up so Steph could provoke Brie into hitting someone and getting arrested? Especially since they've said multiple times on TV that the trainer was paid off to say that.

How the fuck do people not realize the thing with Bryan being a cheater was made up so Steph could provoke Brie into hitting someone and getting arrested? Especially since they've said multiple times on TV that the trainer was paid off to say that.

Apparently this Claire Lynch story line was very bad

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Too subtle for wrasslefans.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet Bryan was cheating before the neck injury, and YHWH himself gave Bryan the injury as punishment. And then Bryan threw it back in YHWH's face by banging the trainer as well. Bryan is truly a goat headed beast.

That's my favorite Shin Megami Tensei synopsis.

Well how else do you explain Bryan's music "...not getting a great pop"?

Alucard

Banned
Wrestling is so damn good right now.

WWE has Brock as champ, an interesting Intercontinental feud, the Rollins/Ambrose feud, and I expect Jericho/Wyatt to find another gear.

TNA has been on fire from a TV product perspective all summer long, and they've delivered four very memorable TV bouts so far. (Lashley/Hardy, Lashley/Aries, Wolves/Hardys, 3D/Hardys)

ROH has been great since the start of 2014. And their last TV episode was off the hook spectacular.

Chikara is awesome, and they're going into King of Trios.

NJPW just finished a great G1 Tournament.

PWG's BOLA lineup looks reeeediculous.

Just tons of really damn good stuff.

Wrestling is so damn good right now.

WWE has Brock as champ, an interesting Intercontinental feud, the Rollins/Ambrose feud, and I expect Jericho/Wyatt to find another gear.

TNA has been on fire from a TV product perspective all summer long, and they've delivered four very memorable TV bouts so far. (Lashley/Hardy, Lashley/Aries, Wolves/Hardys, 3D/Hardys)

ROH has been great since the start of 2014. And their last TV episode was off the hook spectacular.

Chikara is awesome, and they're going into King of Trios.

NJPW just finished a great G1 Tournament.

PWG's BOLA lineup looks reeeediculous.

Just tons of really damn good stuff.
AAA signed El Patron.

jmdajr

Coach @CMPunk · 2h

My bench sucks. It's always sucked. Separated AC joint I never fixed. But I keep trying. Or maybe I'm just a pussy? Stupid long arms...

Coach@CMPunk

“Wait. You are actually lifting weights? Working out?” Always do. Just don't do do steeeeeeeeeroids. Also, blocked.

Coach @CMPunk · 2h

My bench sucks. It's always sucked. Separated AC joint I never fixed. But I keep trying. Or maybe I'm just a pussy? Stupid long arms...

Coach@CMPunk

“Wait. You are actually lifting weights? Working out?” Always do. Just don't do do steeeeeeeeeroids. Also, blocked.
When I read that first sentence, I thought he was talking about Super Card.

I'm actually doing a bit better now because I'm not in a King of the Ring tournament that requires attention every 40 minutes, 24 hours a day, for 2 days.

Just throw people in there and forget it. I'm only checking my KOTR twice a day and I'm still qualifying because everyone seems to be looking for the consolation prize.

I'm actually doing a bit better now because I'm not in a King of the Ring tournament that requires attention every 40 minutes, 24 hours a day, for 2 days.

That shit is ridiculous. I didn't know the stamina decreased so rapidly so I thought I could get away with, you know, sleeping and I got 9 losses because of it. Still managed to get in second place!

somedevil

Raw Audience:

8pm: 4.281
9pm: 4.330
10pm: 3.972

Avg: 4.194

Down from last week and down 104, 000 compared to last year. When Lesnar appeared had the highest viewership. Sucks the third hour was down. It was an awesome match plus the viewership got a hit from the Johnny Manziel hype train.

Alucard

Banned
Matt Taven has decided to not renew his ROH contract and is parting ways "for now" according to his Twitter. A shame, as he was starting to come into his own a bit more.

Heel

Raw Audience:

Down from last week and down 104, 000 compared to last year. When Lesnar appeared had the highest viewership. Sucks the third hour was down. It was an awesome match plus the viewership got a hit from the Johnny Manziel hype train.

Can you make some sense of these ratings, bean breath?

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Best of G1 Climax 2014 FINALS

ibcildBciMlO3z.gif

iP5p4ulT8PlOj.gif

iFyy6AqKFoxya.gif

iPnzTX35msTcY.gif

ibtGnBrDCoQuk4.gif

ibhEO8OUjn9jR6.gif

Wrestling wise, NJPW is no doubt the best company in the world. WWE has a lot of good wrestlers and has quite a bit of good-great quality stuff on a regular basis, but they aren't doing what NJPW is doing in the ring. And I don't know if they can, considering how different the business models are. Eagerly awaiting AJ vs Nak and AJ vs Shibata sometime hopefully soon. I also kind of want to see something like Jeff Jarrett vs Shibata.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish Oz and Stardom had Ice Ribbons media capabilities. Much better about putting content out.
suplexsuplexlnsc0.gif

Carlos Amano announced her retirement... ;_;

She was diagnosed with a traumatic brain stem injury, so even though she'll have a retirement ceremony at some point, she's already wrestled her last match.
Being a joshi is a curse. Fucking shortest careers ever

Verendus

Banned
Raw Audience:

Flop Lesnar continues to flop.

It's time to call in The Rock. I'm sure they can get a few weeks out of an actual huge star before he injures himself and has to leave.

Big One

Banned
Surprised at that rating. You think Lesnar completely obliterating Cena at Summerslam would've drawn a couple of thousand. That rating is no different than the ones for the last few weeks for the most part, lol. Though to be fair Lesnar beating Taker was the bigger story in his career than this.

Ambrose is going to be money if WWE keeps him strong and keeps his momentum going. Dude is willing to do any type of work for the company including starring in shitty movies for one, can cut a fantastic promo, can work with pretty much anyone. He's expressive, explosive, and the fans are behind him. If WWE plays their cards right they can create an even bigger star out of Ambrose than Daniel Bryan or CM Punk. On the other hand if they keep exposing Reigns weaknesses I don't see that panning out too well for him.

The only thing that'll hold back Ambrose in the eyes of marks (ahem...fans) is that I don't think Ambrose is the type of guy who cares if he has the belt or not. So Ambrose could be one of those Roddy Piper-type talents that draws a lot of money without winning the World belt despite challenging for it many times.

Alucard

Banned
I'm cool with Ambrose not winning anything. He doesn't need belts to prove his worth. His character is so interesting on its own that the E can sell tons of merch based on his allure alone.

I'm cool with Ambrose not winning anything. He doesn't need belts to prove his worth. His character is so interesting on its own that the E can sell tons of merch based on his allure alone.

Be ready for him to be stripped of his character once he goes for the big belt. He'll start cutting sarcastic jokey promos and constantly pander to his Am-bros in no time at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Wrestling wise, NJPW is no doubt the best company in the world. WWE has a lot of good wrestlers and has quite a bit of good-great quality stuff on a regular basis, but they aren't doing what NJPW is doing in the ring. And I don't know if they can, considering how different the business models are. Eagerly awaiting AJ vs Nak and AJ vs Shibata sometime hopefully soon. I also kind of want to see something like Jeff Jarrett vs Shibata.

Great overall project and review. I can't wait for the next iPPV.

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

And they have Crazy Pride Lady as their big event ring announcer. They're doing everything right.

Top Bottom