• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
ifilCRAxNELwX.gif

Browny

Banned
I can see fans rejecting Reigns for Ambrose going into Mania season. Not saying it will be a repeat of Bryan last year but Ambrose has been a fantastic babyface this week.

Hopefully this makes Reigns step his game up. No doubt that Ambrose has him covered on pretty much all the bases, so Reigns should take the opportunity to speak to the backstage people who've been there, done that. There is a wealth of experienced hands that he should be tapping on a daily basis. He's young, he's got time on his side - if he knuckles down, it'll come good for him.

And oh yeah, that Eve video... hnnnnnnggg.

strobogo

Banned
Yo, about to watch the Funks vs Bob Backlund/Tatsumi Fujinami. From 2001. I had no idea Backlund was doing any actual wrestling after his WWF run in 2000. What's really crazy is that he looks younger and in better shape than his Mr. Backlund run. Still weird and spry as shit, too. Fujinami was obviously still in excellent shape in 2001, so these two against the Funks, who look old and brittle as fuck, seems like a mismatch. I mean Dory looked like an old man since the mid 70s. So by the time 2001 came around, he looked like a 130 year man who had aged in old man years for 25 years. So he looks to be at least 450 years old. Moves like it too. And Terry is Terry. Seems like the bar is probably pretty low since the average age for the match was 54 years old.

Yo, about to watch the Funks vs Bob Backlund/Tatsumi Fujinami. From 2001. I had no idea Backlund was doing any actual wrestling after his WWF run in 2000. What's really crazy is that he looks younger and in better shape than his Mr. Backlund run. Still weird and spry as shit, too. Fujinami was obviously still in excellent shape in 2001, so these two against the Funks, who look old and brittle as fuck, seems like a mismatch. I mean Dory looked like an old man since the mid 70s. So by the time 2001 came around, he looked like a 130 year man who had aged in old man years for 25 years. So he looks to be at least 450 years old. Moves like it too. And Terry is Terry. Seems like the bar is probably pretty low since the average age for the match was 54 years old.
I want to see this. Really bad.

If only if there could be multiple guys.....

They really just need to make the mid card worth a damn again and making winning the mid card belts seem important and worth fighting for.

It just seems like right now everyone who isnt a comedy character is ether in the WWE title hunt or just flouting around between meaningless IC title wins with no build.

Also I am not even sure who the US title holder is right now so maybe do away with that belt.

Marvel

could never
Next weeks raw should kick off with Felix via satellite wearing a dirty bathrobe in a dark room of his house, hunched over in a chair, bags under his eyes and on the verge of tears every 4 seconds. With one fruity pebble stuck to his chin.

Striker

If only if there could be multiple guys.....
In Austin's ascension he lost several times along the way. it didn't hurt his popularity, but modern WWE ignores that and has it so the moon-pushed babyface wins everything and overcomes the unbelievable odds. Doesn't help they lack credible main event talent, due to piss poor booking, that even 1996/1997 WWF had.

They have to try and maintain momentum while he is out and ghat rests solely on Mr. seth Rollins building heat.

Rusev was the breakout star of Summerslam. Incredible talent. Strong, agile, sells well, in ring psychology, doesn't expose ghe business.

According to Meltzerz cesaro was auditioning for the German Announce team last night

Oh good lord no. 1: Ricardo was one thing, but it makes no sense to stick him there unless you want him to get better at speaking. And speaking in German won't help.
2: Him doing commentary on CHIKARA when they were in Germany was hilarious, because he knew what the crowd was saying and was communicating parts of it in English, but since it wasn't family friendly...

Hasney

Oh good lord no. 1: Ricardo was one thing, but it makes no sense to stick him there unless you want him to get better at speaking. And speaking in German won't help.
2: Him doing commentary on CHIKARA when they were in Germany was hilarious, because he knew what the crowd was saying and was communicating parts of it in English, but since it wasn't family friendly...

Czech that extra Z in his name.

Cagey

Banned
WWE turned Ambrose face and Seth heel. Whole time during the Shield run, internet talking about how Ambrose is the natural heel to split from the group and Seth is the natural face. Now you're all worried the WWE will screw up Ambrose? They're already batting a higher average than the IWC with him: first with the Shield, now with the face run.

Showaddy

I can see where people where coming from with the Seth-Face & Ambrose-Heel talk because it was based pretty much all on their ring work and Ambrose's crazy promos. Seth flying around the ring is amazing but Ambrose just has the personality and promo skills to be a better face.

Ambrose also lacked a lot of impact with his move set to get the crowd hyped but his finisher and Lariat off the ropes get a great reaction now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So the place I interviewed at and got rejected by just called me about another interview a month or two later.

I feel like I should play hard to get now.

Aiii

So not worth it
So the place I interviewed at and got rejected by just called me about another interview a month or two later.

They already interviewed you before, really no reason to go through the process again unless they make you an offer. If it's another first round interview, I wouldn't bother.

Then again, I don't know if or how badly you need this job.

Mengetsu

Don't squander that shit bro. I'd kill for a chance for even an interview been jobless for 6 months now with not one call back. Someone must of dropped and they looked back at you. Go to it.

Nice to see the tag division get paid attention too.

Rhodes Bros, Slater Gator, and Show/Henry all getting a nice push. Los Jobadores are back to put people over.

Wonder who takes the belts off the Usos. I wouldn't mind them carrying it a few more months. Slater Gator is probably the next feud since they are heels.

Speaking of WWE 2K15, when are we going to get any information regarding the creation suite?

They need to get around to showing direct feed gameplay first.

I would like to hear about the create suite as well. They have suggested that everything should be there that we usually get.

BHZ Mayor

Nice to see the tag division get paid attention too.

Rhodes Bros, Slater Gator, and Show/Henry all getting a nice push. Los Jobadores are back to put people over.

Wonder who takes the belts off the Usos. I wouldn't mind them carrying it a few more months. Slater Gator is probably the next feud since they are heels.

I'm cool with Slater Gator and Sexual Wight Chocolate (who ever in here came up with that, that's a good one) if it means black people not jobbing.

They need to get around to showing direct feed gameplay first.

I would like to hear about the create suite as well. They have suggested that everything should be there that we usually get.

I really want to know if Create-A-Finisher has been improved any. I doubt it, but one can hope.

Top Bottom