• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Aiii

So not worth it
Alex? Riley? Dear God no. Tom all day every day over him.

Has Josh Matthews non-compete ended? Is he going to announce elsewhere?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Does anyone else think that they should debut guys like Sami and Devitt on main roster in a group?

I'm thinking something like: Devitt, Kenta, Sami, Steen. Kinda like a brand new Radicalz. Bill them as an International Supergroup, and book them as such.

Ithil

Well the Shield worked as far as a being a "group of new young guys". But you'd have to make sure it doesn't feel like a Shield rehash.

Ithil

The problem with the rookie commentators is you can hear them being trained to just do commentary like Cole and JBL. That stupid way they emphaSIZE the part of the words they're saying if a move is done while they're talking, or just going "OOOH" or yelling the wrestler's name when they do a move, that bizarre "EUUUUURRRRR" noise they make during submissions or heavy lifts, the way heel commentators are just loud and obnoxious, etc.

Except Regal.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Guardians_642xvariable.jpg

These are not the people I casted!

boooooooooooooo

Tom Phillips is genuinely the perfect combination of WWE Robot and commentator that you could possibly ask for. Granted most of that is reflected upon the quality of NXT but he can hold his own very well from the times I watch him on Main Event.

I like the guy!

Alucard

Banned
The Shield doc reminded me how bad Cole's call was when they debuted.

whothewhatthe

An example of better calls:

"This group of renegades has utterly decimated John Cena!" (was it Cena?)

"Whoever they are, these three men clad in black have just made an indelible mark on the WWE. But for what end?!"

Sid

The problem with the rookie commentators is you can hear them being trained to just do commentary like Cole and JBL. That stupid way they emphaSIZE the part of the words they're saying if a move is done while they're talking, or just going "OOOH" or yelling the wrestler's name when they do a move, that bizarre "EUUUUURRRRR" noise they make during submissions or heavy lifts, the way heel commentators are just loud and obnoxious, etc.

Except Regal.
OOOH....lol,you're pretty much spot on here.

Mengetsu

Update on TNA's Negotiations with Spike TV, Backstage News on Contracts Expiring Soon

We've noted that several more TNA contracts are expiring soon. These talents in the same boat as Bully Ray because word came down that TNA is not looking to sign any upper-level talents right now until a new TV deal with Spike TV is done.

As of this past Monday, a source at Spike TV noted to PWInsider that negotiations are ongoing but there's nothing new to report as far as a new long term deal goes.

Bray Wyatt vs. Sheamus for the U.S. Championship is advertised for post-WWE Night of Champions live events, so that appears to be his next feud after his run with Chris Jericho. As noted last month, Jericho's last confirmed WWE date is the WWE Night of Champions PPV on September 21st.

Regarding Roman Reigns possibly challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Title after Night of Champions, Reigns will likely be kept out of the title picture until he wins it at WrestleMania 31.
Reigns is still the "chosen one" but the idea behind his push right now is for him to rise to the top and having him lose to Lesnar at this point would be counterproductive.

If Reigns won the title now instead of at WrestleMania, they would miss out on the big WrestleMania moment and it would not maximize the impact of his title win.

Could the dudleys have a run in Japan?

Is tag team stuff even big over there? All I ever see is stiff kicks and flippy sells for clotheslines so I dont know.

somedevil

Well the ever dark match, girlfriend will debut before he will, Solomon Crowe has seemed to drop the hacker gimmick.

In the latest nxt house show he teamed up with Kalisto in tag team action and cut on promo before that on wanting to work his way to the top.

It will be funny if he takes
Sin Cara position for their match at the Sept 11 show.

alstein

Could the dudleys have a run in Japan?

Is tag team stuff even big over there? All I ever see is stiff kicks and flippy sells for clotheslines so I dont know.

Tag has always been big in Japan. They even have junior tag belts, something only WCW did here in the last year of its existance. (and how we got the AJ Styles debut)

RP912

Banned
Reigns still the "chosen one" I see....after his lukewarm performance at summerslam, they might as well have lesnar feud with orton. The predator vs the beast.

This shit prints money and lots of it.

I doubt New Japan would want The Dudleys back. They had some pretty poor matches during their last run and that was years ago.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see The Briscoes turn up in New Japan as heavyweight tag title contenders at some point.

Well the ever dark match, girlfriend will debut before he will, Solomon Crowe has seemed to drop the hacker gimmick.

In the latest nxt house show he teamed up with Kalisto in tag team action and cut on promo before that on wanting to work his way to the top.

It will be funny if he takes
Sin Cara position for their match at the Sept 11 show.
What the hell are they doing with this brah? And who is he dating? His hacker gimmick could get over. I don't understand.

Top Bottom