• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

tumblr_naq8wmNoc11qaa8d1o6_500.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Golf is a boring sport.

Still better live than Football, which is truly a TV sport.

I don't really like soccer live either but some people swear by it.

Baseball is good live but you have to like baseball.

Hockey is excellent live and until the past ten years or so was awful on TV. HD really helped hockey far more than any other sport.

Tennis/Basketball/Boxing, all presented roughly the same way live or on TV.

Since WWE is totally a real sport, I'll personally say that it's a lot worse live than on TV.

Some people might like it, but for me it was a complete fucking slog to sit through.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wrestling in general is better on TV, but you need to have production values at least at TNA's level for that to be the case. The live experience is great too, but I prefer house shows.

Since WWE is totally a real sport, I'll personally say that it's a lot worse live than on TV.

Some people might like it, but for me it was a complete fucking slog to sit through.

I've been to a PPV and a Raw (2 hour). I find the PPV to be a much more enjoyable experience. Less downtime and, typically, more lively crowd.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
It's a brilliant display of console war stupidity at its finest. Why do you care?

Because I fucking hate the gaming side precisely because of stupidity like that. I'd rather just not know about it.

Gonzalez

Banned
I disagree on Wrestling. Unless you have bad floor seats, wrestling is awesome live. I barely enjoy Dragon Gate but when I got to see them perform live at the Orlando ROH Supercard of Honor(the year Ric Flair "retired") I was a fan for at least that night. When I got to rewatch the show on DVD all the enjoyment I had then was gone.

Alucard

Banned

Yeah it's much better on TV.

Wrestling in general is better on TV, but you need to have production values at least at TNA's level for that to be the case. The live experience is great too, but I prefer house shows.

If we're talking WWE, I agree that it's better on TV...especially after the Montreal show I attended a while ago. I have ZERO interest in attending WWE live again unless I get free or discounted tickets.

As for other promotions, I LOVE watching ROH live, and seeing Chikara live last Sunday was an absolute blast.

In short, seeing indy wrestling live is awesome. Seeing the evil corporation live is just really impersonal.

Alucard

Banned
I was specifically talking about live RAW. Never going through that shit again.

House shows or other promotions might still be good.

Yeah, the 3-hour Raw taping I went to was a total slog. I only cared about 3 segments, and I felt totally limited in what I could chant with kids and families galore around me, including plenty who think it's real.
Also had to deal with shitty CM Punk chants.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWE House Shows are great. So are most PPVs. Haven't been to a two or three hour RAW yet but I went to tapings in the New Generation a few times and they weren't great!

jred2k

Yeah I am a nerd but ya know, it's pretty disrespectful of an NFL team to throw their fast food garbage out of the window of some bus. I hope they LOSE.

I was being facetious. It's shitty behavior. I thought you meant it was like high school or university kids being dicks. It being an NFL team is really fucked.

JavyOO7

I went to the RAW in Miami last month with a friend and his significant other and it was pretty good. It was a pretty good crowd I thought which helped make it more fun. And the RAW itself wasn't bad either. You have the Steph getting handcuffed angle, Dolph and Miz with an alright match, Ambrose showing his great character, and Brock coming back.

KissVibes

Banned
I wish I could've gotten video proof. It was raining and a bunch of cops are speeding down the road, buses behind them, with the Redskins team and staff. Suddenly some motherfucker in the second bus lobs a Wendy's bag of garbage out the window. Hits the windscreen. Legit shook those of us in the car.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I watched this one dude's video that was linked on gaf. And I went to check my history, and it acted like I watched ALL his videos.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna snitch on him because this strikes me as some shenanigans.

Half of going to Raw is sitting through ads during commercial breaks. It's torturous. And unless you're in the first few rows, you can't really see shit but the Tron either.
This. I'd rather sit through a house show because at least there's no backstage shit or commercials and most of the card is dudes who still care enough to try to get over.

Even then, TV is better.

Alucard

Banned
I wish I could've gotten video proof. It was raining and a bunch of cops are speeding down the road, buses behind them, with the Redskins team and staff. Suddenly some motherfucker in the second bus lobs a Wendy's bag of garbage out the window. Hits the windscreen. Legit shook those of us in the car.

Football players are macho dicks, confirmed. I always had my suspicions, and this adds to the evidence.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Completely failing to defeat the opposition then trying to get a rematch isn't really something a superface should do. Like it makes Cena seem like, 'no no really he got lucky!' which is more of what a heel does.

It might have been more face-ish if Brock cheated or something, but a face should accept a decisive victory and come back stronger several months later.

Wrestling live is awesome.....depending on the promotion and show.

WWE house shows are fantastic fun. PPV's are pretty fun as well. Raw fucking sucks to sit through live. Smackdown is alright.

I can appreciate a PWG show a LOT more live than when I watch it on DVD. I've mentioned it before but I don't like the Young Bucks, though something about watching them live makes it way more enjoyable.

There's a rumor, again RUMOR, going around that WGN is one of the stations interested in possibly picking up TNA. At first I thought that sounded random, then I remembered that Superstars was on WGN and then WGN dropped it because it turned into WWE's F-show. So I suppose it's possible they could be interested in TNA, although the offer would probably be considerably lower than what they are getting now from Spike.

And, because last time I had to do this, I'll point out that I'm posting this because I figure you guys would want to know about it. I'm not making it up, I'm not trying to get attention. I'm just relaying the rumors I believe have credibility to the community I am a part of.

Top Bottom