• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Orton has face turn written all over him right now

He does? Orton's a shitty face though.

I swear all everyone ever wants with Orton is for him to turn the opposite of what he currently is. He's face? He should turn heel. Heel? He should turn face.

A turn isn't going to save him from being boring 6/7 days a week.

KissVibes

Banned
There's a rumor, again RUMOR, going around that WGN is one of the stations interested in possibly picking up TNA. At first I thought that sounded random, then I remembered that Superstars was on WGN and then WGN dropped it because it turned into WWE's F-show. So I suppose it's possible they could be interested in TNA, although the offer would probably be considerably lower than what they are getting now from Spike.

And, because last time I had to do this, I'll point out that I'm posting this because I figure you guys would want to know about it. I'm not making it up, I'm not trying to get attention. I'm just relaying the rumors I believe have credibility to the community I am a part of.

Isn't WGN only in Illinois?

Coketruck

Randomly Redbox-ed WWE 2K14 today. First wrestling videogame I've played since Wrestlemania X8 on GameCube.

Wound up getting my tail handed to me by Macho Man at Wrestlemania 3. I'm having a hard time getting used to the controls, and reversals are freaking impossible... Except for the computer player, who reverses every damn think I try.

I want my No Mercy back.

BHZ Mayor

Randomly Redbox-ed WWE 2K14 today. First wrestling videogame I've played since Wrestlemania X8 on GameCube.

Wound up getting my tail handed to me by Macho Man at Wrestlemania 3. I'm having a hard time getting used to the controls, and reversals are freaking impossible... Except for the computer player, who reverses every damn think I try.

I want my No Mercy back.

Spamming R >>>> these games bullshit timing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm hooking up my JP PS2 tonight which I solely bought back in like 2008 with my first job to play some more KoC 2. That game never gets old.

Unlike Wrestle Kingdom, which totally sucks.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm hooking up my JP PS2 tonight which I solely bought back in like 2008 with my first job to play some more KoC 2. That game never gets old.

Unlike Wrestle Kingdom, which totally sucks.

Mine died earlier this year, so I ended up buying a Swag Magic disc, and did the tape, tissue, and straw trick on an old PS2 just to play KoC.

Also, All Star Wrestling sucks worse than Wrestle Kingdom.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who thought Diesel's "music" was a good idea?

I'm assuming you're talking about his first theme.

Which is purely honks. Which is still better than Cesaro's.
Mine died earlier this year, so I ended up buying a Swag Magic disc, and did the tape, tissue, and straw trick on an old PS2 just to play KoC.

Also, All Star Wrestling sucks worse than Wrestle Kingdom.

I only bought mine to play KoC 2 and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes, and those more than justified my purchase. So I can sweep bad wrestling games under the rug. I wish KoC 2 would eventually get the No Mercy style modding scene.

Friends, I've got a bad feeling about this rematch at Night of Champions. Lesnar hasn't been boosting the ratings, even for the Raw after destroying Cena and winning the title. I'm getting this eery feeling that Vince is gonna put the belt back on his money maker.

Alucard

Banned
That's some BS man about Cena. I dont want to see his face again.

I can already hear his promo.

"Six...teen. That's the number everyone's been talking about for the past week. It's the number that I've been hearing everywhere I go. On every television channel, and on every website. Six...teen.

It's a big number. And as the WWE Universe knows, sixteen is the number of times that Brock Lesnar suplexed me at Summerslam. He demolished me. He brutalized me. He victimized me. But he didn't finish me. And that was his mistake.

Because you see, sixteen has another meaning for me. A very special meaning. And at night of Champions, people won't be talking about sixteen suplexes. No way, jack. It ain't gonna go down like that. At Night of Champions, the number sixteen will be significant for a whole other reason. At Night of Champions, -I- will win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for the sixteenth time! And for the sixteenth time I will be able to say...the champ...IS...HEERRRE!"

*doo doo doo doooooo...doo doo doo doooooo*

"Six...teen. That's the number everyone's been talking about for the past week. It's the number that I've been hearing everywhere I go. On every television channel, and on every website. Six...teen.

It's a big number. And as the WWE Universe knows, sixteen is the number of times that Brock Lesnar suplexed me at Summerslam. He demolished me. He brutalized me. He victimized me. But he didn't finish me. And that was his mistake.

Because you see, sixteen has another meaning for me. A very special meaning. And at night of Champions, people won't be talking about sixteen suplexes. No way, jack. It ain't gonna go down like that. At Night of Champions, the number sixteen will be significant for a whole other reason. At Night of Champions, -I- will win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for the sixteenth time! And for the sixteenth time I will be able to say...the champ...IS...HEERRRE!"

tumblr_inline_mzdn1uz51kbb.gif

BHZ Mayor

This is too good of booking for them to actually do this though.

KissVibes

Banned

I'm going be so upset when this happens.

This is incredible.

I hereby make you an honorary member of the Sination.

somedevil

Wow, this is amazing. I can actually see him doing this promo. If he does that either you know him to well or a writer reads this topic.

Gonzalez

Banned

I want my No Mercy back.

I actually figured out an exploit with the CPU. Just turn off the screen prompt for reverses. Turns out the prompt timing is almost always off. From there I just figured out the point where you're supposed to reverse on every grapple while using the hardest setting. It became a piece of cake, but it also became way too easy, and killed any challenge. Hate those games.

Mengetsu

The most depressing shit I read all day thanks.

Vylash

wdrou.gif

Alucard's post made me think...what if they put the belt on Lesnar to get people to re-sub the Network...then they put the belt right back on Cena, just to piss off the internet? Re-subscribers would be stuck with 5 1/2 months of Cena potentially. Sorry if someone already brought this up.

Alucard's post made me think...what if they put the belt on Lesnar to get people to re-sub the Network...then they put the belt right back on Cena, just to piss off the internet? Re-subscribers would be stuck with 5 1/2 months of Cena potentially. Sorry if someone already brought this up.

All the marks here already turned auto-renew on just because Brock won. I think you're onto something.

Watching WrestleMania 2000 on the Network (Attitude Era Podcast's review drops next week).

It's funny to think that this kid is like 30 now. I love watching these old crowds and wondering what lives these people are living now. Like, you think this kid remembers bringing a "T&A" sign to this PPV??

s2CqDB9.png

Anyway, PURELY FOR REFERENCE, this is Trish Status from 14 years ago...

pDNdS4G.png

YSpEnue.png

BHZ Mayor

On another note, I think I may have seen the most hilariously stupid thing ever in WWE. I'm randomly watching KotR 98 out of boredom, and I get to the Al Snow and Head vs Too Much match. King was the special guest referee. It was already stupid enough when Snow made the hot tag to a mannequin head, and the audience popped for it. JR stumbling over how to call this inanimate object as the legal man pushed it even more over the top. But then King tosses in this empty bottle of Head and Shoulders and Brian Christopher attaches it to Head and pins it. Get it? Because the attached Head and Shoulders bottle meant Head's "shoulders" were down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That is the best Trish. No Trish comes close. When people say she got hotter later on, I look at them like they have lost their marbles.

On another note, I think I may have seen the most hilariously stupid thing ever in WWE. I'm randomly watching KotR 98 out of boredom, and I get to the Al Snow and Head vs Too Much match. King was the special guest referee. It was already stupid enough when Snow made the hot tag to a mannequin head, and the audience popped for it. JR stumbling over how to call this inanimate object as the legal man pushed it even more over the top. But then King tosses in this empty bottle of Head and Shoulders and Brian Christopher attaches it to Head and pins it. Get it? Because the attached Head and Shoulders bottle meant Head's "shoulders" were down.

Not gonna lie, I always found that whole mess amusing, I'll allow it seeing as Snow tagging in head is basically a way to circumvent the DQ rule.

HGXpusU.gif

mJXXVjq.gif

ibnJPLaoYFtYpc.gif

DMczaf

This Monday Night Wars show on the Network is hilarious. Everyone working an angle to put their history in a better light.

Hogan on coming to WCW:

"I missed wrestling so much, so finally I caved. Basically went to go work for Ted Turner."

Yeah Hulk. It was because you missed wrestling so much.

strobogo

Banned
Hey guys, remember when WWE was so sick of Big Show being a waste and fat all the time that they sent him to OVW just a few months removed from being champion and being in the main event at WM? That was 14 years ago. And he's still here.

BHZ Mayor

Hey guys, remember when WWE was so sick of Big Show being a waste and fat all the time that they sent him to OVW just a few months removed from being champion and being in the main event at WM? That was 14 years ago. And he's still here.

I remember Steven Richards of all people replacing him in No Mercy's story mode because of that.

Top Bottom