• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Mengetsu

I wish I knew. No clue on his status at all. He tweets everyday apparently but never about his injuries and such.

Edit:

Bvxt1ITIAAEFpU6.jpg

Well, shit. Samurai TV have pre-empted the New Japan 'Destruction in Okayama' show to instead broadcast NOAH's 'Great Voyage in Niigata' show live - the New Japan show will be aired on a 24hr delay.

Perhaps Samurai dislike the two-show format New Japan have begun using for some events this year? It spreads the quality match-ups too thin for my liking.

Alucard

Banned
SNME episode 18 has a Rusev/Swagger styled flag match between Doogun and Zhukov. No poles, no winner is the first to retrieve or raise their flag. Standard match with the winner getting a giant flag of his country to hang from the ceiling. It also features Ted Dibiase repeatedly referring to Hercules as his slave (as he purchased Herc's contract from Heenan, complete with Jesse bringing up Roots and Vince being disgusted with the idea of slavery in 2014 1988, but no one being bothered at all that Ted clearly thinks of treats Virgil like his personal slave.

Also had clips of police brutality as an officer (Big Boss Man) beat a dark skinned man (Hulk Hogan) on a different show. Hulk would then asks Slick how he would feel if every Hulkamaniac got to beat him with a stick, calling him, "boy" at the end of this. He would go on to say he was going to pervert the justice system by appointing himself judge and finding Brother Love guilty without a trial, promising to execute him as well.

He then handcuffs and assaults Brother Love, a man of the cloth, as Vince McMahon says it is one of the greatest moments in television history.

LOL. Those Hogan segments sound incredible. Nice to have confirmation that it's not just Cena who's an inconsistent babyface.

Alucard

Banned
Hogan's twitter today:

"Can't bring legends together without me, brother. Got some stuff to say about MY champ @johncena. See you Hulkamaniacs at Raw on Monday."

Shit.

Mengetsu

This show in particular was absolutely terrible. Tons of noshows/nothing landing right/etc. Watch September's show.

RE: The Powerbombcast thing, I'm pretty sure that's just for Summerslam.

Just one that happened to be free for everybody. Happens every now and again.

The powerbombcast is ass.
This one is free though, the rest are subscriber only.

Ahh I see thanks. Actually enjoying it for what it is. I'm simple to please though.

WrassleGAF, I require your gif-making assistance.

So apparently there is a shot in the Shield documentary where during the spots where they use CZW footage, I'm yawning as someone gets put through a table or something.

I would like to request a gif of this. For my own personal amusement as well as yours, of course. :p

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F

Anything can happen in the WWF.

Gorillaz

I can already hear his promo.

"Six...teen. That's the number everyone's been talking about for the past week. It's the number that I've been hearing everywhere I go. On every television channel, and on every website. Six...teen.

It's a big number. And as the WWE Universe knows, sixteen is the number of times that Brock Lesnar suplexed me at Summerslam. He demolished me. He brutalized me. He victimized me. But he didn't finish me. And that was his mistake.

Because you see, sixteen has another meaning for me. A very special meaning. And at night of Champions, people won't be talking about sixteen suplexes. No way, jack. It ain't gonna go down like that. At Night of Champions, the number sixteen will be significant for a whole other reason. At Night of Champions, -I- will win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for the sixteenth time! And for the sixteenth time I will be able to say...the champ...IS...HEERRRE!"

*doo doo doo doooooo...doo doo doo doooooo*
I can actually see this promo happening

Mengetsu

WrassleGAF, I require your gif-making assistance.

So apparently there is a shot in the Shield documentary where during the spots where they use CZW footage, I'm yawning as someone gets put through a table or something.

I would like to request a gif of this. For my own personal amusement as well as yours, of course. :p

Is it this one? I'm skimming through the doc and seeing just this.

pzcdhh.gif

Poor YOSHI-HASHI can't get anyone to put him over, even when they're sleeping;

Yoshi.gif

Checking his stats, the only wrestler (not counting young lions) YOSHI's defeated since returning from CMLL three years ago is Captain New Japan, lol. Even Captain has a better win record, with singles victories over Gedo, Taichi & Ishii.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor YOSHI-HASHI can't get anyone to put him over, even when they're sleeping;

Yoshi.gif

Checking his stats, the only wrestler (not counting young lions) YOSHI's defeated since returning from CMLL three years ago is Captain New Japan, lol. Even Captain has a better win record, with singles victories over Gedo, Taichi & Ishii.

Goddamn, poor fucker.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SD! will be moving to Thursdays, starting October 2nd. This is probably the best news for WWE in years. They should really take this opportunity to start treating SD! like it matters again.

Top Bottom