• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Gorillaz

So far so good but there's not much to binge. They're only like, 2 seasons in I think. You'd be better served binging Frasier, now that's a great show. Very "lol white people" though.
I like the Frasier ending credits theme. The lyrics never made sense to me tho, something bout scrambled eggs

That's really the only way you could do that with Cena. I also agree he will never be heel. He needs to "be" a heel by putting him in a hostile environment - that way, he doesn't compromise what he stands for and is still the same character, while being able to be different.

It'd be really refreshing to see fans able to boo Cena for actual reasons and not just because people are sick of seeing him.

Bootaaay dislikes Seinfeld and Arrested Development. I'd wave the UK flag with him any day of the week.

ibwLi0B6DUaOVf.gif

Two sitcoms that were the epitome of overrated for their respective generations.

Anyone watch something called "Finding Hulk Hogan"? It was on A&E last night, it's not new since he was talking about putting over TNA. Show was trying to be something of a shoot but not really... also his hair extensions were really distracting.

I think we might have found TNA's "savior no one has heard of". Though if this is the deal they take, they might as well close up shop now.

TNA has received an offer from Discovery Network's VELOCITY channel. It's in 48 million homes and is in HD only.

The biggest issue is the rights fee, which is less than a quarter of what they are currently making at Spike. They'd have to find an additional revenue stream or the deal may not be viable. They are relieved that another suitor has materialized but are disappointed in the offer. They hope this opens the door to other prospective partners contacting them.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...e-tna-receives-offer-from-tv-network/#!bJSTBH

Penguin

Seems like TNA's TV suitor may be a channel called Velocity... which seems somewhat fitting as it use to be a D-Tier WWE Show

Oh damnit to hell! >.<

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if this New Vegas mod has Vince VO?
rgAoVyy.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is why we need a McMephis-type situation for Cena - send him to ROH for a few shows so he can play the heel for once. I'd love to see the insta-heat he'd get just for showing up - have him beat one of the ROH babyfaces with ease, preferably Elgin, all the while yucking it up as good guy John, then cut a promo running down the locker-room as a bunch of amateurs, throw out the bingo hall line, insult the neckbeard fans and then 'you can't see me' back up the ramp and out of the building.

Well, yeah, of course the face character is gonna say he's not turning heel.

Well, yeah, of course the face character is gonna say he's not turning heel.

The interview wasn't in character, hence why he mentioned he 'has it in him' to play the heel role. Also, if it were in character, wrestling logic would dictate that an outright denial would only increase the odds of any eventual heel turn - however, this is Cena we're talking about and normal wrestling logic doesn't apply. He'll be a face for as long as kids keep buying his gaudy, colourful merchandise.

I feel like TNA is playing EWR right now and they just got an offer from that one bottom ass network that never got anything above a 0.01.

They need a Spike level deal or they die.

Carnby

I still believe that Cena turned heel for one night only when he destroyed Ryder's career. Cena stole his g/f and unintentionally lured Ryder out, only to have him thrown off the stage in a wheel chair. The show ended with a crippled Ryder pushing Cena, and Cena pushed him back while the crowd booed him louder then ever before.

On the following Monday, Cena turned face before the Raw intro played.

I still believe that Cena turned heel for one night only when he destroyed Ryder's career. Cena stole his g/f and unintentionally lured Ryder out, only to have him thrown off the stage in a wheel chair. The show ended with a crippled Ryder pushing Cena, and Cena pushed him back while the crowd booed him louder then ever before.

Yeah, why the fuck did Cena push Ryder there? What an asshole

Aiii

So not worth it

NOOOOOO NONONONONO.

You have got this all wrong mate, it wasn't Cena here who was the bad guy. It was that Hoeski Eve. That bitch. Kissed a guy after he saved her from the EVIL DEMON KANE, regretted it and then was made to cry in front of 10.000 people while being laughed at and called names. SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY IN THE WRONG HERE. What a terrible human being.

Cena was being a great friend by slutshaming that bitch in front of the eyes of the millions watching around the wrold. What a great champ.

Yeah that was fucking weird

NOOOOOO NONONONONO.

You have got this all wrong mate, it wasn't Cena here who was the bad guy. It was that Hoeski Eve. That bitch. Kissed a guy after he saved her from the EVIL DEMON KANE, regretted it and then was made to cry in front of 10.000 people while being laughed at and called names. SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY IN THE WRONG HERE. What a terrible human being.

Cena was being a great friend by slutshaming that bitch in front of the eyes of the millions watching around the wrold. What a great champ.

And it was the most fucking over he'd been in years. And it sucked.

It'd be really refreshing to see fans able to boo Cena for actual reasons and not just because people are sick of seeing him.

ibwLi0B6DUaOVf.gif

Two sitcoms that were the epitome of overrated for their respective generations.

Better Off Ted was way better than Arrested Development.

But I still love Seinfeld.

Entirely unsurprised to hear the ROH crowd have partly turned on Elgin already. It's amazing how ROH manage to put the belt on a guy just as a the fans are getting sick of him - should've pulled the trigger a year+ ago, instead Elgin's run to the belt has been a lot like Tyler Black's. It took too long and people got bored of the chase.

Also, it doesn't help that Elgin wrestles the same match over and over. I liked what I saw of him 2-3 years back when he was first really breaking out in the US, but it's got to the point where every Elgin match blurs into one. He really needs to cut back on the shit he does in the ring, as that whole finisher combo is total overkill. Also, shit like the twisting senton that never hits - why is a big guy going up top anyways? It's not like he's Bam Bam and that's his thing. Lastly, he gives his opponents too much in the ring and it makes him look foolish, especially when it's against some scrawny flippy dude. If you're going to pretend like you're this monster amongst midgets, fucking ACT like it.

Better Off Ted was way better than Arrested Development.

High five! I loved that show, Portia de Rossi was great in it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Entirely unsurprised to hear the ROH crowd have partly turned on Elgin already. It's amazing how ROH manage to put the belt on a guy just as a the fans are getting sick of him - should've pulled the trigger a year+ ago, instead Elgin's run to the belt has been a lot like Tyler Black's. It took too long and people got bored of the chase.

Also, it doesn't help that Elgin wrestles the same match over and over. I liked what I saw of him 2-3 years back when he was first really breaking out in the US, but it's got to the point where every Elgin match blurs into one. He really needs to cut back on the shit he does in the ring, as that whole finisher combo is total overkill. Also, shit like the twisting senton that never hits - why is a big guy going up top anyways? It's not like he's Bam Bam and that's his thing. Lastly, he gives his opponents too much in the ring and it makes him look foolish, especially when it's against some scrawny flippy dude. If you're going to pretend like you're this monster amongst midgets, fucking ACT like it.

High five! I loved that show, Portia de Rossi was great in it.

Is he growing back out his hair?

Also Portia de Rossi is
jfYW4lR9WtgRK_e.jpg

NOOOOOO NONONONONO.

Yeah, what the fuck was that? They basically Deus Ex Eve'd it too by having her reveal her grandiose plan to the Bellas like, minutes before. Before that it made no damn sense.

Ryder is still a goddamn maroon though, of course she's gonna turn on you again!

Entirely unsurprised to hear the ROH crowd have partly turned on Elgin already.

I was the first one to hate him, damnit! Him and his stupid mullet!

And that senton is his goddamn Kurt Angle moonsault deal of never hitting ever

Is he growing back out his hair?

Doesn't appear to be, so I guess he's leaving it short - probably for the best, as he was balding badly before the mullet got shaved.

He looks like Karl Pilkington.

And that senton is his goddamn Kurt Angle moonsault deal of never hitting ever

It's pathetically lazy - he continually uses that spot for his opponent's comeback in every freaking match. So tiresome.

Sometimes, wrestling fans deserve what they get

That promo felt like it belonged in the w/ some of the worst of the Attitude Era. It was such a fucking ridiculous way of getting Cena back on the face side. (Were Eve and Zack even dating? Or was it just a shitty "YOU KNEW I LIKED HER, BRO!!" thing?)

It did lead to Glasses and Turtleneck Eve, but there are better ways of getting there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, but after hearing hate about Simpsons as a whole, anything's possible.

The Simpsons is horrible. Father Ted is at least about people who are poor as shit in a piece of shit building. There's comedy there, even though it's a slight against my Irish ancestry.

Speaking of ROH . Toronto card looks awesome

AJ vs cole and red dragon vs buck should be great

Ring of Honor Presents:
ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VI
Saturday, September 6th, 2014 - 7:30pm
Mattamy Athletic Centre at the Gardens
50 Carlton Street - TORONTO, ONT

ROH World Championship
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs Jay Briscoe

2 out of 3 falls for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs Adam Cole

Grudge Tag Team Match
Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs The Decade's Roderick Strong & Jimmy Jacobs

SIGNED TO APPEAR...
- ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini
- Mark Briscoe
- Silas Young
- Cedric Alexander
- ACH
- Hanson
- Caprice Coleman
- Moose & RD Evans

Thank you bean.

2K's free mobile trading card game WWE SuperCard has been downloaded over 1.5 million times, the publisher revealed today. In the game, players put together a deck of cards composed of WWE superstars, then pit their stable against other players in both exhibition matches and King of the Ring-themed tournaments. WWE SuperCard launched roughly a week and a half ago for iOS and Android.

The publisher noted that over 82 million victories were recorded in exhibition mode, and that over 575,000 King of the Ring tournaments were kicked off since the game launched. Players logged in to the game for over 18 million unique play sessions, which averaged about 14 minutes each time. The free-to-play game allows players to purchase in-game currency that unlocks card packs, which range in price from $1.99 to $25, to acquire the game's 400-plus unique cards. 2K said it intends to update the game's roster and introduce new cards in the future.

jred2k

Supercard needs a tutorial voiced by the Bellas show you how to battle and combine card to create a pro. Thankfully it's on mobile so I don't need help with plugging anything in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Supercard is now the Second Screen Experience during Raw.

They should do "fantasy" card stuff though and tie it in to real-world results on-screen, that would be really smart.

Mengetsu

House shows are best for business

The Miz may have been injured during his match with Dolph Ziggler at last night's WWE live event in Fresno, according to a correspondent in attendance. After taking a stiff superkick and a Zig Zag to end the match, The Miz walked away in a daze and asked for a trainer to walk to the back with him.

Cagey

Banned
Wait, people are already tired of Elgin? I'd only been following for a few months, but it seemed like people were up for the win over Cole.

ROH live crowds can be a fickle group of hipsters: they like the guy until the guy gets too much attention or promotion or gets on top, and then they turn to find another guy to get behind.

My Network subscription expires in a week, and honestly I think I'm going to let it go. I'm not that engaged in the product, have only watched the PPVs because I felt like I should since Payback or so, don't watch NXT or Main Event anymore, and they stopped updating the '95 Raws which were the only thing I was consistently watching.

I'll come back for Nitros and/or when I get more engaged in the product as a whole. Right now, Raw is more than enough for me.

ROH live crowds can be a fickle group of hipsters: they like the guy until the guy gets too much attention or promotion or gets on top, and then they turn to find another guy to get behind.
That's a total lie by the way. They like guys they like. The ones they do tend to be great workers. They always loved guys like AJ, Steen, etc. It's not about "getting to the top." It never is in wrestling, no matter the crowd. It's about them finding something to like about you and liking it.

Inspired by strobogo's great WCW 2000 reviews, below is a recap of WWE Backlash 2006. As suggested by Aiii, I quoted the pics to cut down on scrolling.

Click here for the WWF Backlash 2001 recap. Click here for the WWF WrestleMania 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Backlash 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF King Of The Ring 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Fully Loaded 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF SummerSlam 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Survivor Series 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Armageddon 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Judgment Day 2000 recap.

WWE Backlash 2006
- Raw Brand. April 30, 2006. Lexington, Kentucky at Rupp Arena. Attendance 14,000. JR and King announcing. Sponsored by Topps.
- King must have gotten hair plugs some time in the past 8 years. Look how thin his hair is!

Singles match: Carlito vs Chris Masters
- Beautiful moonsault by Carlito, though he didn’t connect with much as Masters kinda missed catching him.
- FINISH: Carlito hits the Codebreaker and uses the ropes as leverage for the pin.

BACKSTAGE: Maria throws to a video showing fans saying who they want to win the WWE Championship match later tonight. Lita walks into shot and says she and Edge are gonna have a private sex celebration after he wins tonight.

Singles match: Ric Flair vs Umaga (with Armando Alejandro Estrada)
- Umaga is undefeated coming into this match.
- FINISH: Armando makes a funny face. Then Umago hits a headbutt off the top rope, followed by a thumb to the face of Flair for the win. “Taped up like a spike,” King says as he puts over the thumb move.

BACKSTAGE: Vince reminds Shane that this is a tag team match. Shane will handle HBK, and Vince will handle god. “There’s nothing god can do that I can’t do.” Vince pours out water on the ground, then walks over it. “I’m walkin on water!” Vince then breaks bread and throws the pieces, along with a fish, over his shoulders. Later, lots of bread and fish “fall from the sky” in his office. Vince leaves as Shane sees that his own water bottle has turned into wine. It’s a pretty insane segment, but I admit, I LOVE THE VINCE VS GOD STORYLINE.

Singles match for the WWE Women's Championship: Mickie James (c) vs Trish Stratus
- Trish turned her Matrix move into the Bray Wyatt spider into a headscissor. Super impressive.

- Trish falls hard to the outside. Her arm looks legit hurt, as the ref motions the X sign a few times.
- FINISH: Mickie chokes Trish with her wristband. Ref DQs Mickie, who remains champ.

BACKSTAGE: HBK tells Maria that the lord is with him tonight.

Winner Take All singles match for Benjamin's WWE Intercontinental Championship and Van Dam's Money in the Bank contract: Money in the Bank contract holder Rob Van Dam vs Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin
- Shleton was without his Mama tonight. Is it bad that I liked the Shleton’s Mama gimmick?
- Very athletic, high-flying match as you’d expect. At one point, Shelton dove over the top rope and hit a sunset-flip powerbomb on RVD to the outside floor.
- Cool counter by Shelton turning the Rolling Thunder into a Samoan Drop.
- FINISH: Van Daminator by RVD using the Money In The Bank briefcase. Then a Frog Splash.

RECAP: Kane turns heel on Big Show after Kane hears someone say the date “May 19th”, haha.

BACKSTAGE: Big Show tells Todd Grisham who cares that May 19th is the opening date of See No Evil. Hilarious line from the Big Show - “Kane has a movie coming out. So what? I was in Waterboy. You didn’t see me running around across the country attacking people and freaking out.”

Singles match: Big Show vs Kane
- Exactly as you’d expect this match to be.
- FINISH: Haha, wtf, lights go dark. We hear Kane’s voice over the loudspeaker “May 19th. It’s happening again Kane.” Kane freaks out. Big Show grabs a chair and nails Kane in the head with it (Kane put his hands up). Lights come back on, and Big Show walks off.

BACKSTAGE: Candice Michelle tells Vince she has a chest cold. She wants Vince to cure her. Brilliant. Vince puts his arms around Candice. They both start yelling and moaning as Vince yells, “Heal this woman’s voluptuous breasts!” Haha, cut back to King and JR, who basically shoots, “What the hell was that? Is he crazy? The Chairman of the WWE, folks, has lost it.”

RECAP: Very funny - includes those scenes of Vince and Shane in a church. Genuinely one of my favorite storylines in WWE history. “God, I don’t like you. You don’t like me,” Vince says.

No Holds Barred Tag Team match: Vince and Shane McMahon defeated God and Shawn Michaels
- JR, “I think Mr. McMahon looks forward going to hell.”
- Vince cuts a promo. He introduces HBK’s tag team partner - “From the Kingdom of Heaven, please welcome… god.”

- “You call that an entrance? Let’s get down! Let’s get jiggy with it!” Funky music plays (literally the Funkasaurus theme) Vince starts dancing.

- Vince instructs the ref to go check out god - make sure god has nothing up his sleeve.
- Out comes HBK. They all fight up to the staging area. Out of nowhere, HBK cross bodies Vince off the stage through some padded wood.

- They all head back to the ring. Shane dominates HBK with some impressive offense. Shane’s really athletic.
- Vince nails HBK with a garbage can.
- Vince grabs the mic and starts taunting god. Vince acts like god is leaving the match - abandoning HBK, haha.
- HBK fights back. Shane swings a chair, misses Vince, and hits Vince straight in the head (unprotected).
- Sweet Chin Music for Shane. Then for Vince.
- HBK doesn’t go for the cover. Rather, grabs two tables and sets em up in the ring. Then sets up a 20 foot ladder in the ring.
- HBK climbs. Spirit Squad comes out and HBK jumps to the outside on all of them.
- FINISH: Spirit Squad gangs up on HBK, swing him in the air, through a table. Vince proudly covers.
- King quips, “It’s the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit Squad.”

BACKSTAGE: Grisham admits to Cena that the crowd isn’t 100% behind Cena. Cena says he’ll win.

IN RING PROMO: Matt Striker comes out, cuts a heel promo on the Kentucky crowd. Striker welcomes Eugene to the ring - to make an example out of him. It backfires. The crowd chants, “You love poop!” at Striker. Eugene picks his nose and makes Striker eat it. Eugene hits the Stone Cold Stunner on Striker.

Triple threat match for the WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs Triple H vs Edge (with Lita)
- Match starts with Triple H and Cena competing to see who can beat up Edge better.
- Triple H blades like crazy.
- Edge spike DDTs Triple H on the Spanish Announce Table, which doesn’t break.
- I skipped ahead in this match, I admit.
- Cena locks on the STF to a bloody Triple H, who doesn’t tap.

- Lita tries to interfere with a chair, but Triple H gives her a spinebuster.
- FINISH: Cena counters the Pedigree into a roll-through pin.
- A swell match. Post-match, Triples H nails everyone with the sledgehammer and show closes on posing.

Thanks for reading!

Top Bottom