• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Mengetsu

Let's compare to last year!

10580152_10202324014649828_4374794399979192608_n.jpg

BuM1vYRCUAAee_J.jpg:large

I think the Yukes curse is broken for the most part lol

Verendus

Banned
What PS3/360 graphics could have been, find out ten years later in 2014!!

Yuke's decade of destruction, exclusive documentary available sdjhfoshdocfiha for just $39.99!

*Warning: No documentary actually provided.

Hasney

Well shit, that don't look too bad.

I guess the animation could still be a mess but that looks much better.

If they're using the NBA 2k14 tech for mo-cap, I have faith it will actually look good in motion too

What PS3/360 graphics could have been, find out ten years later in 2014!!

Yuke's decade of destruction, exclusive documentary available sdjhfoshdocfiha for just $39.99!

*Warning: No documentary actually provided.

The Rise and Fall of THQ/Yukes.

Hopefully they don't get a One Night Stand.

Aiii

So not worth it
the yukes curse is broken because yukes was taken off the visual side of things.

yukes still has their fingers all over gameplay.

I think that's fine, as long as 2K is managing what Yukes is doing. I always thought it wasn't so much Yukes being a bad programmer, but rather just a lack of proper bugtesting and fixing that was the issue there. THQ obviously didn't give a shit, but maybe 2K did.

That's where my hope with this game lies anyways.

Sephzilla

I think that's fine, as long as 2K is managing what Yukes is doing. I always thought it wasn't so much Yukes being a bad programmer, but rather just a lack of proper bugtesting and fixing that was the issue there. THQ obviously didn't give a shit, but maybe 2K did.

That's where my hope with this game lies anyways.

as someone who's a programmer, bug testing is like 75% of the job though.

Aiii

So not worth it
as someone who's a programmer, bug testing is like 75% of the job though.

Exactly. I guess nobody told Yukes or THQ about that though.

My second match in WWE '13 had Hunter run the ropes indefinitely after his tag partner was shaking the ropes when he hit them so there was never any collision detection or something.You can't tell me that never happened during development.

i wonder how they're gonna scan the wrestlers who are you know.....no longer with us? dudes like Guerrero or Mr. Perfect or even Warrior.

or any legend for that matter, you think they scan em and touch em up to look younger? that sounds possible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"We blew all the budget on putting over that young up and comer Cena's model. Everyone else uses their 2k14 model"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know how when you do signature moves and finishers it does like 8 replays on different camera angles?

Every move roman does in the game will do that

I will give them props; that is a good picture of Cena, and I like the sound of myCareer mode. I don't want to be cynical about Wrasslin' games you guys; I love em. Yes they've sucked for awhile now but I will say there are ideas which I liked. So I don't know, maybe 2K15 will break the streak. If not, I just found someone's NJPW save on Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, still have a season mode on HCTP, and I own WCW/NWO Revenge, WM 2000, and No Mercy. My Wrasslin' game tastes are satisfied.

Hasney

Shame there wasn't more MyCareer info. I really hope NXT has managed to make it in.

In terms of the 2 Showcases focused on epic rivalries, I'm wondering what that could be. Austin/Rock would make sense and given the promotion, Sting/Hogan would too.... Just a shame that Sting is pre-order only so it can't be done.

DMczaf

man, so many people are falling prey to that 2k15 screen shot

We got a carny ass gaming site conning you marks over a carny ass game developer conning you marks over a carny ass wrasslin company who have been conning us for decades.

Carnieception

Xater

Let's compare to last year!

10580152_10202324014649828_4374794399979192608_n.jpg

BuM1vYRCUAAee_J.jpg:large

I think the Yukes curse is broken for the most part lol

Yeah the character model looks alright. You can tell it's probably the same tech they used for NBA 2k. Let's not get hyped yet though. I need to see animations and gameplay as well.

Hasney

Yeah the character model looks alright. You can tell it's probably the same tech they used for NBA 2k. Let's not get hyped yet though. I need to see animations and gameplay as well.

The only thing I think could go wrong with the animation with VC doing it would be doing some stupid shit in the gameplay, like the interrupting moves in the current games. Try interrupting a move on Day of Reckoning 2. The guy doing the move will get taken the fuck out and the guy that was about to take it will just drop.

Now try it in WWE 2k14... Thgey just kinda stumble.

Friends, please don't fall for the gimmick of "pretty video game shots". That's been done to death since 2007. Also,

PWInsider said:
TNA sent out the following:

#BossToss: TNA Wrestling Declares August 7th “National Put Your Boss Through A Table Day”

Few are fortunate to work for a great leader. For the millions of others suffering from “I have the worst boss syndrome,” gritting the teeth and biting the tongue provide only a temporary fix to the daily agony of taking orders from a superior far less smart. To offer a solution to this global pandemic of frustration, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, Thursdays 9/8c) is declaring this Thursday, Aug. 7, “Put Your Boss Through A Table Day.” Why keep slamming your head against the table when you can put your boss through it instead?

Between now and this Thursday night’s broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, 9/8c) the aggravated and oppressed are encouraged to check the social media policy section in their employee handbook then go online to share why their boss (past or present) deserves be tossed through a table using #BossToss. Be creative using video or photos, and be sure to tag @impactwrestling on twitter, and IMPACT WRESTLING on Facebook and Instagram when publishing a post.BossTossLogo

IMPACT will select the best #BossToss entries for a prominent impactwrestling.com feature, and one #BossToss Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a $250 ShopTNA gift card and tickets to a future IMPACT WRESTLING event.

“Put Your Boss Through A Table Day” shares August 7 with other well-known celebrations like “Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day,” “Sea Serpent Day” and “India Pale Ale Day,” and is inspired by TNA Superstar and Hall of Fame inductee Bully Ray, who for months has endured constant harassment and provocation from his boss, TNA President Dixie Carter. Bully has guaranteed on IMPACT WRESTLING this Thursday, Aug. 7, (watch a preview) he will slam Dixie through a table, with #ItHappens already trending on twitter.

"I know what it’s like to have a boss you don’t respect; to have a boss you want to toss because you know you can do a better job,” said Bully. “This Thursday on IMPACT I will keep my promise of putting Dixie through a table and you will not want to miss the moment #ItHappens.”

Am I missing something with a few gaffers seemingly rushing to pre order WWE2K15 because one acceptable screenshot of Cena's furrowed brow and/or a Hulk Hogan tat edition?
Does the authentic ring canvas trodden on by the sweaty old boots of the Hulkster himself imbue the gameplay with the power to not suck when the disc comes into contact with it?

Top Bottom