• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Forkball

To be fair, if it's a title unification match and considering there is no longer a WHC. The title means more now than it did in 2009, so it's still an upward motion.

lol

2009 actually had an amazing run for the IC title.

CM Punk won it in January and lost it a few months later to JBL. JBL lost it to Mysterio in a joke match at Wrestlemania (though a pretty good way to go out as a heel). Mysterio had a great feud with Jericho where they flip flopped the thing, and then JoMo and Drew feuded over it for the rest of the year. There was a lot of great matches and the title was defended constantly on TV and PPV. JoMo and Drew ended up flopping, but their IC title runs were pretty much the peak of their careers.

Xater

Oh god Orton vs Reigns? That sounds like a sleeping pill in wrestling form.

That Network peddling in HHH's promo is just pathetic...

Woah, shit, the ZERO1 bubble is finally bursting? They've had to cancel the Tenka Ichi Jr. tournament because they "don't expect to attract customers" after the annual Fire Festival wasn't a sell-out. I've always followed Z1, but in recent years the product has been pretty shite - it always seemed, however, that no matter what the promotion was doing they'd still draw relatively well on the backs of Otani & Tanaka, at least to the point where they could sell out Korakuen Hall for their big shows, but not any more, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I started replaying Dead Rising 1 again recently. Not really sure why, was feeling nostalgic I guess. But man, what a fun game. Even with all its issues, it's one of my dream games, and I think it might be one of my favorite games of the generation. There's nothing like it, really, and that makes me sad. 2 was ok, but 3 felt like it left it's ridiculous Japanese humor for 'lolsorandom' intentional humor or something.

And I liked the setting for the first game more.

I started replaying Dead Rising 1 again recently. Not really sure why, was feeling nostalgic I guess. But man, what a fun game. Even with all its issues, it's one of my dream games, and I think it might be one of my favorite games of the generation. There's nothing like it, really, and that makes me sad. 2 was ok, but 3 felt like it left it's ridiculous Japanese humor for 'lolsorandom' intentional humor or something.

I liked the setting for the first game more as well, but overall I liked 2 much more. Haven't finished 3 yet, but I've really liked what I played. They shouldn't have messed with the time limit though. Oh well.

Aiii

So not worth it
So do you guys think anyone dared to bring up the fact that "You know Vince, they probably already know the Network is only 9,99 and it's probably not the reason they're not buying the Network right now?"

So do you guys think anyone dared to bring up the fact that "You know Vince, they probably already know the Network is only 9,99 and it's probably not the reason they're not buying the Network right now?"
I really hope all the bullshit they were doing tonight was just to spite Vince and basically say just that.
Even the announcers were doing it.

Oh, hey, there's a Dragon Gate iPPV in two hours;

Dragon Gate, "SCANDAL GATE", 2014/08/06
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $14.99

1. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid & Gamma vs. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin & Jimmy Kanda
2. Don Fujii & Ryotsu Shimizu vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Yuga Hayashi
3. K-ness, Kenichiro Arai & Shachihoko BOY vs. Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora & "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
4. YAMATO & Punch Tominaga vs. Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi
5. T-Hawk & Eita vs. Masato Yoshino & Uhaa Nation
6. Open the Dream Gate Championship 4 vs. 1 Handicap Match: BxB Hulk © vs. Naruki Doi, Kzy, Cyber Kong & Mondai Ryu

Not the most exciting of cards, but matches 4 & 5 should be great. The main event could go either way. Just fucking split Mad Blankey, already. Awful stable.

Vylash

"Well damn! You're right! Let's give them what they want!"

3760458-8387835520-oY117.gif

OaXMT.gif

Xater

I'm just skipping around to the Brock promos and to see the stories unfold. There is so much bullshit. That Adam Rose thing was terrible. I have no idea what you guys are smoking.

Edit: Actually pretty sure I know what Aiii is smoking now that I think about it....

Dead Rising is fucking awesome. One of my favorites of the last gen.

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk chant, oh my god, the is the first time since he left that the crowd managed a well timed and appropriate CM Punk chant.

Well done Texas.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brody vs Hogan could have been a really cool feud just for the buildup alone. Knee Drop vs Leg Drop, never met in the ring, Wildman outlaw vs do-good super hero, etc. The match itself would never end though. No one would want to do the job, brrrrother

WWE Network sums up modern WWE fairly well tbh. They wanted it to be an instant success, hitting the lofty heights of 1m subs. It didn't hit that, so now they're just pushing it down our throats hoping it'll get over. If it doesn't... they'll just keep pushing it until we give in.

WWE Network sums up modern WWE fairly well tbh. They wanted it to be an instant success, hitting the lofty heights of 1m subs. It didn't hit that, so now they're just pushing it down our throats hoping it'll get over. If it doesn't... they'll just keep pushing it until we give in.

The only difference is that it's easier to justify continuing to watch Raw every week, given that you already pay for cable. It's harder to justify paying $10 extra for something you don't want.

I think they would've had better numbers if they launched with all the old Raw and Smackdown shows. I know a lot of folk wanted to sign up just for that.

I'm happy with it though and I'm definitely keeping mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdjw4FeGg3g

Scrap Daddy back in ROH, I can get behind that. Haven't watched their TV in the longest time, might jump back in after the G1.

Consummate professionals dont run over titles with their truck tho

Lol, fair point. Verne probably shouldn't have agreed to let Stan defend the belt in Japan (which Baba subsequently advertised) and then renege on the deal, especially as he was warned before he put the belt on him that Hansen's loyalty would always be to All Japan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aside from Ric Flair acting like a goof, the NWA is so god damn boring. I can watch WCCW, I can watch WWWF, I can watch AWA.

But not this shit.

If people won't pay 9.99 for PPVs....man their normal on screen product just suxks. Raw is a walking advertisement and Smackdown is just a retread of Raw. Save us amichael Hayes.

hertog

Sorry to sound like a heel, but I was amazed by the Texas crowd that the biggest pop of the night, was for a photo of people in military uniforms.

Nationalism always frightens me I guess.

Xater

If people won't pay 9.99 for PPVs....man their normal on screen product just suxks. Raw is a walking advertisement and Smackdown is just a retread of Raw. Save us amichael Hayes.

You know that's not a bad point. Maybe the should rethink their on screen product so that people actually want to see more. There either is already too much on TV or people think that if it's more of this they'd rather not pay. I would be in favor of getting RAW back down to 2 hours. Make it a snappier show again.

Top Bottom