• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

So I trust everyone here has also just been invited to the advanced screening of Leprechaun Origins next week in LA, followed by a Q&A with Hornswaggle, moderated by The Miz. See you all there!

I'm in NY, alas

Aiii

So not worth it
Did I completely miss the new nation last night or has the struggle started before the revolution even began?

The Truth stuff was related to it I believe.

Still don't get your hopes up, it's not an actual angle, just some guys randomly thrown together. They'll go nowhere.

The vast majority of Raw was pure shit, and there is absolutely nothing Steph can do to make me care about a feud between her and Brie Bella.
I just can't bring myself to endure any of the Bella Twins awful acting and wrasslin', it utterly bewilders me that somehow Brie has become a central focus for the current program and even if Steph is a pretty masterful heel these days she just can't overcome my disdain for anything Bella so I've pretty much fast forwarded through any segments involving them.
This is the legacy Bryan left us, false hope and his wife starring in the big angle while he's injured, gotta say I didn't see this coming, even by WWE standards of watching a good thing go south this is particularly impressive.

It was worth resuming to watch the antics of Ambrose during Rollin's match at least, so that's like one okay segment in a three hour show.

kiguel182

Well, Raw was a bore.

Tons of Network shilling, numb matches and promos and that was it.

Also, it's hilarious how they promote the Network in international markets after the whole "USA is awesome" promo Zeb did. Because nothing makes me want to give a company money like saying their country is better than the rest of the world.

Anth0ny

The vast majority of Raw was pure shit, and there is absolutely nothing Steph can do to make me care about a feud between her and Brie Bella. I'm expecting another huge 3rd hour drop-off in the Raw rating and that final segment will get ZERO blame

Seriously. Perfectly acceptable feud somewhere in the middle of the card, but putting this kind of focus on it is insane. No one really fucking cares. The match is going to be god awful and probably elicit boring chants.

jred2k

Well, Raw was a bore.

Also, it's hilarious how they promote the Network in international markets after the whole "USA is awesome" promo Zeb did. Because nothing makes me want to give a company money like saying their country is better than the rest of the world.

Pfft, don't pretend like your country has construction workers supporting a family or nurses that work lots of hours.

USA USA USA

Aiii

So not worth it
I want Steph to Pedigree Brie, then Brie just Ultimate Warriors it for the hell of it

Honestly, I know I'm biased as fuck, but am I really the only one thinking the WORST people to pick as the girls to finally get one over on evil Stephanie are the Bella Twins? Seriously, pick anyone, Natalya, AJ, Paige, Naomi, ANYONE even remotely face in that division over these two.

I know Brie is Bryan-by-association and what-not, but all in all The Bella's are still very much the snotty highschool girls that were always mean to everyone and no amount of storytelling is gonna change that image. They are natural heels and Steph getting her comeuppance should have really been against an überface.

Natalya hands down would have been the best pick for that role, even though she can't act for shit, neither can Brie, so it wouldn't have mattered that much.

And at least Natalya can carry Steph to a good to great match and at least hide the fact Steph hasn't wrestled in years (and wasn't that good at it to begin with). Missed opportunity right there.

Sephzilla

Honestly, I know I'm biased as fuck, but am I really the only one thinking the WORST people to pick as the girls to finally get one over on evil Stephanie are the Bella Twins? Seriously, pick anyone, Natalya, AJ, Paige, Naomi, ANYONE even remotely face in that division over these two.

I know Brie is Bryan-by-association and what-not, but all in all The Bella's are still very much the snotty highschool girls that were always mean to everyone and no amount of storytelling is gonna change that image. They are natural heels and Steph getting her comeuppance should have really been against an überface.

Natalya hands down would have been the best pick for that role, even though she can't act for shit, neither can Brie, so it wouldn't have mattered that much.

And at least Natalya can carry Steph to a good to great match and at least hide the fact Steph hasn't wrestled in years (and wasn't that good at it to begin with). Missed opportunity right there.

Yeah. I agree. The real crime of this feud is that one of the worst Divas in the locker room is getting over.

Xater

No you are totally right. At least one of the two people during this match should know what they are doing so having Brie in there as well just sucks. It's probably going to be a terrible match.

Stephanie has had some of the most heated matches in history vs Lita and vs Trish. I have no reason to believe that won't happen here (I consider Brie to be better than both of them were at that stage, so keep that in mind). I expect Bryan shenanagins too

jmdajr

No you are totally right. At least one of the two people during this match should know what they are doing so having Brie in there as well just sucks. It's probably going to be a terrible match.

I have to believe with Bryan and Haitch involved that they can get some sort of decent match out of these girls.

Personally, I think they might surprise us.

Bellas are over as fuck with the live crowd. As well as Sheamus, and the Big Show. Roman Reigns too.

So basically everyone you hate.

Putting fucking Natalya in a program with Stephanie is laughable. No one gives a shit about her.

Xater

I have to believe with Bryan and Haitch involved that they can get some sort of decent match out of these girls.

Personally, I think they might surprise us.

Oh I am always up to being surprised in a positive way. Still on paper this is not exactly selling me the PPV.

Bellas are over as fuck with the live crowd. As well as Sheamus, and the Big Show. Roman Reigns too.

So basically everyone you hate.

Putting fucking Natalya in a program with Stephanie is laughable. No one gives a shit about her.

Reigns I think at least works as a character, if only he was a better wrestler.

Striker

No one gave a shit about Brie until she started coming out with Bryan and getting involved with the McMahons. All in the while making stoic as hell facial expressions and having terrible promos. Are they still saying Bitch every time? On the flip side, Natalya gets fart gimmicks.

Alucard

Banned
Seriously. Perfectly acceptable feud somewhere in the middle of the card, but putting this kind of focus on it is insane. No one really fucking cares. The match is going to be god awful and probably elicit boring chants.

I disagree, sir. It's had a nice build and has been one of the most compelling parts of Raw. Brie should have sold more frustration when blocked by HHH in the corner yesterday, but overall, things have been interesting in this feud.

Cagey

Banned
Per my ceasefire agreement with the missus, I watch the Real Housewives of Somewhere on Mondays 9pm-10pm, in order to take the DVR over for the rest of the night to watch Raw.

Friends, the cast members of the Orange County edition make for far more compelling television than Brie Bella and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley.

jmdajr

Mark your calendars, nostalgia lovers—today is the day that the trend of remaking classic games for new consoles finally approaches self-parody. Capcom has announced that it will remake the 2002 GameCube remake of Resident Evil yet again, with HD versions coming to the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One in early 2015.

remake remake!!!!!!

I think this is gonna be great!

jred2k

I love that of all the dumb booking over the years, it was the Bellas that seem to have finally broken Aiii. As someone that watches Total Divas, how can you be surprised that the females faces of the company are being treated like the female faces of the company? If there is any problem with this feud it's that once she beats Steph she'll be bigger than the Divas division.

Natalya is way too Canadian and boring to deliver "BITCH" in any believable way. She'd probably apologize and say she didn't mean it right away.

Recall

Arrived today

imageiqyax.jpg

jmdajr

I love that of all the dumb booking over the years, it was the Bellas that seem to have finally broken Aiii. As someone that watches Total Divas, how can you be surprised that the females faces of the company are being treated like the female faces of the company? If there is any problem with this feud it's that once she beats Steph she'll be bigger than the Divas division.

Natalya is way too Canadian and boring to deliver "BITCH" in any believable way. She'd probably apologize and say she didn't mean it right away.

I know several girls that don't watch wrestling but watch Total Divas. The twins are over. I realize that not every diva you lust for can make it to the top, but that's just the way it is.

Sorry AJ. Summerslam pre-show match for you.

Bowser

Guys, I just ordered the Brock Lesnar "Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat" special edition shirt (nothing on the back thank god) solely because of that promo last night.

1000x1000.jpg

Gonna rock the shit out of this in the gym.

Shouldn't it be Eat Conquer Sleep Repeat? Or Conquer Eat Sleep Repeat?

Fox Mulder

Well, Raw was a bore.

it's just funny to me how they're begging for network subs while RAW is so shitty.

I signed up early on so my sub ends soon, I figured they would really want RAW and Sumnerslam to be great to keep subs from falling off the cliff in September.

Xater

Capcom must need money, it seems like they don't have anything down the pipeline in the near future besides Deep Down and this. Damn, it sucks.

I think I said in the gaming side thread that they probably need to money to finish their bloated production of the next mainline RE. Just look at what they did for RE6.

I know several girls that don't watch wrestling but watch Total Divas. The twins are over. I realize that not every diva you lust for can make it to the top, but that's just the way it is.

Sorry AJ. Summerslam pre-show match for you.

Being spared from having to go through an AJ promo was the highlight of my live RAW experience last night, friend.

kiguel182

it's just funny to me how they're begging for network subs while RAW is so shitty.

I signed up early on so my sub ends soon, I figured they would really want RAW and Sumnerslam to be great to keep subs from falling off the cliff in September.

They think repeating the price ad naseaum is better to convince people than producing better content.

If people aren't buying it it's not repetition that is going to do it.

Xater

They think repeating the price ad naseaum is better to convince people than producing better content.

If people aren't buying it it's not repetition that is going to do it.

Repetition is just going to annoy people. It sure did annoy me within the first minutes of the show.

kiguel182

Repetition is just going to annoy people. It sure did annoy me within the first minutes of the show.

Yup, it did the same to me.

Even if they played it like they were joking it was still annoying.

They should be showing new and great content that you can only get on the Network. Except they don't have any.

It will be very interesting to see how many people renew the subscription in the next couple of months.

Xater

Yup, it did the same to me.

Even if they played it like they were joking it was still annoying.

They should be showing new and great content that you can only get on the Network. Except they don't have any.

It will be very interesting to see how many people renew the subscription in the next couple of months.

Yeah how many people they will retain should be interesting.

Vylash

Don't see why people would unsubscribe from the Network, it's way better than Netflix, and the Over The Top value you get makes it a steal! All for...uh...how much again?

uKuBunO.gif

Right

Bowser

Heyman on Punk (sorry if already posted, this thread moves fast as fuck):

Heyman spoke on CM Punk’s future, and said Punk’s goal in life is never to lace up his wrestling boots again, whether it be for WWE, ROH, New Japan or elsewhere.

-Heyman said Punk would consider himself to be a failure if he ever returned to the ring. His success in life hinges on him never returning to pro wrestling

-Heyman acknowledged the possibility that Punk could of course return to wrestling at some point down the line despite how he feels now, but as for WWE, Heyman feels the company would not take him back at the moment. Again, there’s always the possibility, as was the case with Brock Lesnar, that Punk could return to WWE at some point down the line, he feels WWE doesn’t want Punk back in the company ever again.

-As for legal issues stemming from Punk’s WWE walk out, Heyman said that is a definite possibility.

welp

Top Bottom