• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

You know that's not a bad point. Maybe the should rethink their on screen product so that people actually want to see more. There either is already too much on TV or people think that if it's more of this they'd rather not pay. I would be in favor of getting RAW back down to 2 hours. Make it a snappier show again.
Raw was miserable when it was 2 hours, so that wouldn't change much. At least now that it's 3 hours we get some solid matches on a decent amount of the shows.

BxB Hulk out-Cena'ing Cena by signing a contract to defend his title in a 4-1 handicap match, just so he won't disappoint the fans. How ever will he overcome these odds?

Ugh, contract signings are bad enough in English, let alone a language I can't understand. And it's Dragon Gate. Everyone in the stable has to have their say, shit takes forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
REREmake
9loUWh7.gif

Best gaming news since the last REmake was announced. Fuck yes.

Fun opening match at the DG show, Masaaki Mochizuki still fuckin rules. Kinda wish he wrestled elsewhere more often.

The vast majority of Raw was pure shit, and there is absolutely nothing Steph can do to make me care about a feud between her and Brie Bella. I'm expecting another huge 3rd hour drop-off in the Raw rating and that final segment will get ZERO blame

Hasney

Will have to Czech out REMake when it comes out. If it's just the GC version in HD, I'll give it a miss because it looks great in Dolphin. If they do some nice graphical changes, I'll grab it.

Shame they didn't go balls to the wall and make a whole new PS4/XB1 remake, but I can see why they didn't... Now for REMake 2.

last wwe network payment paid. it's a great service in theory but how i feel about the product personally, i don't see myself renewing in the meantime.

summerslam better be good.

i just haven't been using it that much anymore at all.

Jamie OD

Judging by the TV shows, Steph Vs Brie is the No. 2 match for Summerslam. I hope those fans who constantly complain about the lack of women's wrestling are fucking happy!

The crowd did pop pretty big for the Big Show's return, but they were also there for Mark Henry's relief of the Damien Sandow cheap heat, and I would say the most heat was behind chanting CM Punk when Stephanie started going on about the wrestlers the McMahons have screwed over. But yeah, everybody that wasn't across from the hard camera didn't get up out of their seats for much.

My kid did some funny stuff.

We told her before we left that John Cena wasn't going to be there tonight (if you remember, he can make the Fave Five at any time and the only reason she can articulate is that he has a green shirt, her favorite color). So while we were outside waiting for the doors to open, she was telling everybody who had any Cena merch on (which was a lot) that "You know, John Cena isn't in this match tonight." Dunno how she got the idea that the whole show was called a match but her heel instincts are spot on.

When Rusev was doing his pre-match ritual and kissing the mat, she told my wife "HE'S SO CUTE". Between that and Ryback being in her Fave Five, she's got an eye for the hoss it seems. When Big Show was out there she said to me "It's like the other wrestlers are kids and Big Show is a grown-up."

After the CM Punk chants died down at the contract signing, she said to me "IS CM PUNK HERE?" I was Bad News Daddett.

Just in general, she was laughing all night at the bumps. It's still funny to her, dammit. And no idea why, but her favorite move is the powerbomb (she's always asking if a wrestler on the screen "has a powerbomb") and she loves Luke Harper (because she's seen him powerbomb so many times), and so when he got Jericho up for one I told her to watch and you should have seen her face after he hit it.

Pizoxuat

The show was a blast live. God, every match is automatically more interesting when you don't have a bored, uninspired commentary team actively encouraging you to not give a fuck about what's going on. Plus I got to see a lot of my faves and I actually got to see a Heath Slater win. It was a fun crowd to be a part of, my voice is still a little hoarse this morning.

Ithil

Maybe instead of telling the audience over and over "buy the Network" they should try putting on a non-shit RAW.

The crowd did pop pretty big for the Big Show's return, but they were also there for Mark Henry's relief of the Damien Sandow cheap heat, and I would say the most heat was behind chanting CM Punk when Stephanie started going on about the wrestlers the McMahons have screwed over. But yeah, everybody that wasn't across from the hard camera didn't get up out of their seats for much.

My kid did some funny stuff.

We told her before we left that John Cena wasn't going to be there tonight (if you remember, he can make the Fave Five at any time and the only reason she can articulate is that he has a green shirt, her favorite color). So while we were outside waiting for the doors to open, she was telling everybody who had any Cena merch on (which was a lot) that "You know, John Cena isn't in this match tonight." Dunno how she got the idea that the whole show was called a match but her heel instincts are spot on.

When Rusev was doing his pre-match ritual and kissing the mat, she told my wife "HE'S SO CUTE". Between that and Ryback being in her Fave Five, she's got an eye for the hoss it seems. When Big Show was out there she said to me "It's like the other wrestlers are kids and Big Show is a grown-up."

After the CM Punk chants died down at the contract signing, she said to me "IS CM PUNK HERE?" I was Bad News Daddett.

Just in general, she was laughing all night at the bumps. It's still funny to her, dammit. And no idea why, but her favorite move is the powerbomb (she's always asking if a wrestler on the screen "has a powerbomb") and she loves Luke Harper (because she's seen him powerbomb so many times), and so when he got Jericho up for one I told her to watch and you should have seen her face after he hit it.

P adorbs, bruv.

Ayo this REREmake news is great, CHICOS. Tried playing it last year on the wii but my disc had a bug where it'd always crash at a certain point. Looking forward to playing this but hope I can suppress things like friend notifications during it.

Hell just put the whole RE library on the new systems I want to stream fighting off Nemesis like a pro

Into

The beat the clock stuff was pretty good, Ambrose and Rollins are the best thing going on in WWE today.

And Reigns looked fine, considering he wrestled Kane. He seems to be getting better and better, he likely knows he is headlining Mania and needs to perform at some level.

Xater

I been on a bad game kick lately

Man you guys. The Crow video game is SO bad

Why are you doing this to yourself? I never have the desire to play bad games myself. I only did that when I had to review one. If I feel like I need to see some trash i'd rather watch a Let's play of someone else suffering through it. Way more amusing to me.

Cagey

Banned
The beat the clock stuff was pretty good, Ambrose and Rollins are the best thing going on in WWE today.

And Reigns looked fine, considering he wrestled Kane. He seems to be getting better and better, he likely knows he is headlining Mania and needs to perform at some level.

Beat the Clock challenges need to go away, and the surprise Last Man Standing Match... starts now! concept needs to be lit on fire and tossed into the trash.

The performers were fine but good lord was I bored.

joelseph

Beat the Clock challenges need to go away, and the surprise Last Man Standing Match... starts now! concept needs to be lit on fire and tossed into the trash.

The performers were fine but good lord was I bored.

Exactly. Whoever is green lighting this nonsense needs to take a step back and let a new writer give it a shot.

Top Bottom