• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hogan come out on raw next week, getting desperate, lets wait for the inevitable oldies coming out too, and maybe doing more edgy things, now that things arent going so well

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk's still a weenie, news at 11

He's a failure to us anyway

*other assorted shit-on-Punk things*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He'll be back, no doubt. Money talks and when you want the spotlight again, there's no better way unless you're Batista.

jred2k

If there is one person in wrestling who genuinely never stops working it's Paul Heyman.

aka I would never read in to anything he says in an interview.

Guys, can you stop spamming negative comments about the WWE Network? We get it already, you don't like it or are too poor to afford it but most of us see the amazing value it represents and we're tired of reading your posts.

Why would you participate in this community only to complain about an incredible service and actually cheer for the company to fail? If this was happening in any other thread on gaming side or OT, you'd be banned already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He walked out before a big payout at Mania. I don't see how money is the issue here.

He probably won't come back.

He's going to be poor again. There's been so many mid-30s millionaires who go broke. It'll happen. It almost always does.

Bowser

He walked out before a big payout at Mania. I don't see how money is the issue here.

He probably won't come back.

Yeah, I think Punk's both frugal and stubborn as fuck. So I can see him not needing the money and holding a grudge / being serious about never coming back.

Xater

It is based on that. It was summed up by the sheetz so not surprised if it isn't entirely accurate.

Because he actually said he can't see Punk returning this year or even the next year, but as soon as business can be made that benefits both sides he'll probably be back.

He also said that Vince hated him for a while but that all went away after some time. Same will apply for Punk just not now.

jmdajr

hogan come out on raw next week, getting desperate, lets wait for the inevitable oldies coming out too, and maybe doing more edgy things, now that things arent going so well

Remember when I body slammed Andre?

Relive the moment dudes! ONLY 9.99 A MONTH!

I am satisfied with the network for now

DMczaf

We may want to ask the snitch who ratted him out and abandoned Omerta.

He's a doctor.

tumblr_n9tb07TL0Y1s8j90fo4_250.gif

Guys, can you stop spamming negative comments about the WWE Network? We get it already, you don't like it or are too poor to afford it but most of us see the amazing value it represents and we're tired of reading your posts.

Why would you participate in this community only to complain about an incredible service and actually cheer for the company to fail? If this was happening in any other thread on gaming side or OT, you'd be banned already.

eeerrggg I feel like I'm livin' in a CUCKOO CLOCK here.

jmdajr

Do you think Punk gets lot of freebies? Like say, did they pay for his hotel and plane ticket to come out to Comic Con? Does he get free dinners? Or Tickets to hockey and baseball games??????

And even if he is frugal he seems to be pretty generous giving it out. Heck, didn't he buy Joey Mercury a house?

The fool can still go broke.

It's also possible he'd be on welfare before he ever comes back to WWE.

edit: oh yeah. Marriage.
hahahahaha

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think Punk gets lot of freebies? Like say, did they pay for his hotel and plane ticket to come out to Comic Con? Does he get free dinners? Or Tickets to hockey and baseball games??????

And even if he is frugal he seems to be pretty generous giving it out. Heck, didn't he buy Joey Mercury a house?

The fool can still go broke.

It's also possible he'd be on welfare before he ever comes back to WWE.

edit: oh yeah. Marriage.
hahahahaha
He gets all the shitty punk band mp3s he wants

Honestly, I know I'm biased as fuck, but am I really the only one thinking the WORST people to pick as the girls to finally get one over on evil Stephanie are the Bella Twins? Seriously, pick anyone, Natalya, AJ, Paige, Naomi, ANYONE even remotely face in that division over these two.

I know Brie is Bryan-by-association and what-not, but all in all The Bella's are still very much the snotty highschool girls that were always mean to everyone and no amount of storytelling is gonna change that image. They are natural heels and Steph getting her comeuppance should have really been against an überface.

Natalya hands down would have been the best pick for that role, even though she can't act for shit, neither can Brie, so it wouldn't have mattered that much.

And at least Natalya can carry Steph to a good to great match and at least hide the fact Steph hasn't wrestled in years (and wasn't that good at it to begin with). Missed opportunity right there.

Natalya wouldn't draw a dime, but I'm with you on Brie's snottiness. She comes off as very unlikeable in this feud from the way she raises her voice to say "bitch" to the ridiculous charges and then that smug look on her face all the time. She's a terrible face.
It's a tribute to how over Steph is as a heal that friggin Brie Bella can be in a main event feud.

jmdajr

So how can WWE promote the network without being annoying in your eyes? I mean they have to fucking do it. Duh.

Personally I found HHH shilling amusing last night, but obviously I would. Obviously.

On that note I don't know how many fucking times Gorilla Monsoon told me to call my local cable or satellite provider.

Xater

So how can WWE promote the network without being annoying in your eyes? I mean they have to fucking do it. Duh.

Personally I found HHH shilling amusing last night, but obviously I would. Obviously.

On that note I don't know how many fucking times Gorilla Monsoon told me to call my local cable or satellite provider.

Run commercials for it like normal people. Don#t use it in all your fucking promos.

You really question Punk's level of passion for wrestling according to what Heyman is saying. Like he thought he had nothing else going for him in life so he chose wrestling and was gonna do what he can to see an out from that industry whenever he sees the opportunity. Like if he became an actor, he'd be the street thug getting interrogated by the end of the second act. He can't be Denzel, but he can be Denzel's friend.

Sephzilla

So how can WWE promote the network without being annoying in your eyes?

Nitros, Attitude Era Raws, and more original content.

Standing there repeating "9.99" over and over again is annoying. How about having Cole instead say this - "Hey guys, the entire 1996 run of WCW Nitro is now on the Network".

Also, having the modern product generally not suck would also make promoting the network seem less annoying.

zychi

Banned
Why are you guys acting like Punk can't make money elsewhere

And apparently AJ being married to Punk and making money, without having any kids currently means he has to come back.

Everyone comes back, even Austin came back. Punk is getting paid by Nerdist now, he's buddy buddy with Hardwick. He'll be fine.

He'll come back and be the guy Cena beats to pass Flair's record.

jred2k

Show clips from original content that you'd need to subscribe to the Network to see. They stuff they have done like the Warrior and Bryan docs have been fantastic, but they are few and far between.

Show clips from original content that you'd need to subscribe to the Network to see. They stuff they have done like the Warrior and Bryan docs have been fantastic, but they are few and far between.

And the amount of time they had in making those docs, makes you think how easily they can fart a quality product like that.

Have diaries of Kenta and Devitt on the Network, All that archival shit Joey Styles is doing, more Legends Panels, more insider shit. That stuff will get more casual viewers way stronger than you think.

jmdajr

WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Today on where are they now...MARYSE

See her workout, see her by the beach, by the pool, see her get a massage.....

DMczaf

Remember when they did a free week of WWE Network (good idea), but decided to have the trial end at midnight after an episode of Raw instead of right before the next PPV (terrible idea).

It's not rocket science, people.

The eaiset way to promote the network would be to show what is on the network . They have 3 hrs, would hurt to show a clip of COTC or SNNE. It's why movies have trailers .

Also they need value content outside of the PPV there is no MUST WATCH content. Putting the heyman Doc as a network exclusive first and DVD later would drive people to suscribe.

Xater

The eaiset way to promote the network would be to show what is on the network . They have 3 hrs, would hurt to show a clip of COTC or SNNE.

Also they need value content outside of the PPV there is no MUST WATCH content. Putting the heyman Doc as a network exclusive first and DVD later would drive people to suscribe.

Yeah I doubt anyone would subscribe for Legends House. The Monday nIght War thing might be interesting for a lot of people but that is still not on there.

Aiii

So not worth it
Put together storylines and ppv's people want to watch. Say "watch this ppv exclusively on the network this Sunday"

Done.

Top Bottom