• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Since it's PG, Renee Young bikini photos would surely be worth the 9.99.

Brock-1.gif

Heel

Guys, can you stop spamming negative comments about the WWE Network? We get it already, you don't like it or are too poor to afford it but most of us see the amazing value it represents and we're tired of reading your posts.

Why would you participate in this community only to complain about an incredible service and actually cheer for the company to fail? If this was happening in any other thread on gaming side or OT, you'd be banned already.

i0YdRbxfGqT6G.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I love that of all the dumb booking over the years, it was the Bellas that seem to have finally broken Aiii. As someone that watches Total Divas, how can you be surprised that the females faces of the company are being treated like the female faces of the company? If there is any problem with this feud it's that once she beats Steph she'll be bigger than the Divas division.

Natalya is way too Canadian and boring to deliver "BITCH" in any believable way. She'd probably apologize and say she didn't mean it right away.

The Bellas are just as unlikable on TD as on WWE Vanilla, but the thig is, people in reality shows are supposed to be unlikeable, esp. On that show. You are supposed to root for the guys on that show that put up with all their crap and that is fine.

But The Bellas are not the faces of the division, there is no overlap there. I know WWE/Vince sees AJ and the Bellas as their top draws, but that is just not the case, simply because the main viewers will always reject The Bellas because they are 1. Terrible wrestlers and 2. Terrible onscreen characters.

Vinny is the GOAT of Total Divas and every knows it.

Oh man, I found an early CZW show I haven't seen. Featuring; Towel Boy Eric Tuttle wrestling a match, an extremely random appearance by Minoru Fujita, Brian XL, Divine Storm & The SAT wrestling that one flippy-do match they wrestled all over the east coast in 2001, H8 Club vs The Briscoes from when Mark was too young to work most states and a cluster-fuck fans bring the weapons 6-man tag main event with Justice Pain & The Backseat Boyz vs Mondo, Wifebeater & Zandig. Fuck yes.

Pavaloo

brie bella is a cool chick

she doesn't come off snotty to me at all

environmentalist, hippy, humanitarian, but not snotty *shrug*

and when the audience of Talking Dead finds Punk more and more irrelevant, maybe he'll consider a comeback match. lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I found an early CZW show I haven't seen. Featuring; Towel Boy Eric Tuttle wrestling a match, an extremely random appearance by Minoru Fujita, Brian XL, Divine Storm & The SAT wrestling that one flippy-do match they wrestled all over the east coast in 2001, H8 Club vs The Briscoes from when Mark was too young to work most states and a cluster-fuck fans bring the weapons 6-man tag main event with Justice Pain & The Backseat Boyz vs Mondo, Wifebeater & Zandig. Fuck yes.

H8 club!?

That sounds amazingly good-bad.

Kenobi

Renee young should host a new version WWF prime time . Get heyman to play the Heenan role .

http://youtu.be/AiUwcLI00a8

I really miss these two. Can you see the genuine glee Gorilla gets when talking to the Brain? It's little things like that, that aren't even on today's WWE. It doesn't seem like Cole and Lawler ever had that love and respect. JR and Lawler are the next announce team to have that kind of fondness for each other. Sigh. I'm old.

The Bellas are just as unlikable on TD as on WWE Vanilla, but the thig is, people in reality shows are supposed to be unlikeable, esp. On that show. You are supposed to root for the guys on that show that put up with all their crap and that is fine.

But The Bellas are not the faces of the division, there is no overlap there. I know WWE/Vince sees AJ and the Bellas as their top draws, but that is just not the case, simply because the main viewers will always reject The Bellas because they are 1. Terrible wrestlers and 2. Terrible onscreen characters.

Vinny is the GOAT of Total Divas and every knows it.

Please show me all these main viewers that are rejecting the Bellas. Or are you pulling facts out of your ass as usual?

They thought getting subs would be easy. I thought they could break a million with 10 dollars a month for PPVs, especially during the ascent of Daniel Bryan. But they need original content. Get some brahs over. Kayfabe documentaries. Show why Devitt and Kenta are such badasses and why The E is the only place for them. Give me more Renee Young content.

Aiii

So not worth it
Please show me all these main viewers that are rejecting the Bellas. Or are you pulling facts out of your ass as usual?
Go back two pages and watch people agree with my view on the Bellas. Unless we suddenly don't count as viewers anymore.

Or else, go check out the huge drop the ratings took in the last hour of Raw last week when the focus of the show was The Bellas.

If that's not enough, go back to Fall last year and listen to the crowd pop huge when AJ buried total divas in a promo.

If even that is not enough, go listen to the crowd berrie The Bellas when they won the Diva of the Year slammy.

jmdajr

brie bella is a cool chick

she doesn't come off snotty to me at all

environmentalist, hippy, humanitarian, but not snotty *shrug*

and when the audience of Talking Dead finds Punk more and more irrelevant, maybe he'll consider a comeback match. lol

I have no problem with Brie. Her issue is that she is being put into a role she is not comfortable with. She just seems so timid. Maybe over time that can change but she lacks confidence.

Steph never had that problem. The bitchness comes from within. You need a strong man like HHH to handle her.

So how can WWE promote the network without being annoying in your eyes? I mean they have to fucking do it. Duh.

Stop repeatedly yelling "$9.99" under the guise of sarcasm at your audience for having the audacity to not want to pay that price a month for a product that has:
feuds that go nowhere,
PPVs that suck,
fuck finishes galore,
matches that start and end during commercial,
and the biggest match of the year being between one guy who has shown up once in 3 weeks, and another guy who has shown up once in 3 weeks and will show up less than 2 dozen more times between now and Mania.

hogan come out on raw next week, getting desperate, lets wait for the inevitable oldies coming out too, and maybe doing more edgy things, now that things arent going so well

Hogan will come out and:

- Plug the WWE Network
- Plug Summerslam on the WWE Network
- Plug the WWE 2k15 Collector's Edition
- Maybe get involved in the Rusev/Swagger match.

jmdajr

Stop repeatedly yelling "$9.99" under the guise of sarcasm at your audience for having the audacity to not want to pay that price a month for a product that has:
feuds that go nowhere,
PPVs that suck,
fuck finishes galore,
matches that start and end during commercial,
and the biggest match of the year being between one guy who has shown up once in 3 weeks, and another guy who has shown up once in 3 weeks and will show up less than 2 dozen more times between now and Mania.

Ok so you hate the product, this isn't for you. How do you get those that like the product to care?

Pavaloo

include the season pass for WWE 2k15 in a network subscription

for reals if they actually launch the monday night wars show people might tune in

Ok so you hate the product, this isn't for you. How do you get those that like the product to care?

Unfortunately, I think people who like the product but into the Network and still aren't that impressed. I will probably stick around for the PPVs but I can understand why other fans would want to drop it once the six month period ends.

Also, they overestimated the audience for something like this. Add that to the fact that the product really isn't that great right now and the numbers really aren't surprising at all.

Fix at least one of those things, or stop repeatedly screaming some variation of $9.99/buy the network every half hour.

Or they could just actually put up some fucking Nitros already. That'd be great, and simple, like everything else I've said, which is why none of it will get done soon.

Man, streaming website JTV closed down today and I remember watching loads of random / classic wrestling on their wrestling section in 2009+.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, streaming website JTV closed down today and I remember watching loads of random / classic wrestling on their wrestling section in 2009+.

WWE Network subscriptions got a mysterious bump today

Heel

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 4m
Does anyone get the irony of pro wrestling fans bitching about Jones-Cormier stuff because they think it has to be fake?

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 3m
Think. If it's fake, they just added millions of revenue with an angle. In other words, they beat the best angle WWE can do.

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 2m
And if it's real, it's a big news story. Almost as funny as MMA fans think pro wrestling fans are dumb and think it's real.

iAQX736Ez1gjg.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone get the irony of pro wrestling fans bitching about Jones-Cormier stuff because they think it has to be fake?

Think. If it's fake, they just added millions of revenue with an angle. In other words, they beat the best angle WWE can do.

And if it's real, it's a big news story. Almost as funny as MMA fans think pro wrestling fans are dumb and think it's real.

iAQX736Ez1gjg.gif

Was just about to post that. It's so simple. Nobody should be butthurt about anything. Who gives a shit? This is entertainment. Entertain me.

XenoRaven

Wow. The source of the DIY gaming streams of today. I guess it was inevitable when Twitch split off into it's own thing, since who the hell has anything interest to live stream other than either gaming or copyrighted material.

I actually got massively caught up on the wrestling I missed over the last 15 years by watching streams that rotated every PPV for a certain date range 24 hours a day on JTV. Then WWE got them all taken down.

Xater

iAQX736Ez1gjg.gif

Told you yesterday the officials of UFC will feign outrage publicly, but behind the doors they will rub their hands together because of the buys this will result in.

Xater

100% work and I'm loving it.

If it's a work even better. Good for them, get some more showmanship going. I haven't watched UFC in a long time and don't even know any of the current guys I think, but even I am now interested in this fight.

Lol, 30 seconds into this Towel Boy vs Hurricane Kid match and someone shouts "BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!!!" super loud. Fucking brutal, but neither of these goofs look like they belong in a wrestling ring and their shitty "chain wrestling" only reinforces that. Towel Boy is the fucking WORST. So many shitty moonsaults. Then, this fucking happened;

Hurricane_Kid.gif

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS!!

Best diving headbutt ever?

Hurricane_Kid1.gif

Best diving headbutt ever.

Top Bottom