• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Slater worked with all the legends.

That will pretty much guarantee you a midcard push for a while, at the very least

Striker

I wouldn't mind that. I like when Bret sorta did it.
Bret did it because that was his/Hart Foundation's gimmick, Anti-American. The Zeb-Swagger collaboration is basically United We Stand, which is okay. But it looks silly when it's used as a babyface angle against foreign heels and flip flops as a way to belittle the foreign face. Its morals are completely different.

Nose Master

Catching up on Raw... HHH is a god damn genius. Turning the complaints about the network advertisements into cheap heat (and actually getting the crowd to chant 9.99 ffs) is amazing.

tumblr_n9uzodf3Kx1srbyoyo1_400.gif

somedevil

Well TNA had its WWE moment of referencing an incident that lead to someone death:

Kurt Angle cuts a promo from the balcony but is interrupted by MVP, Kenny King and Bobby Lashley in the ring. They get heat and MVP threatens to have the NYPD start handing out chokeholds, referencing the recent death of a man. Tommy Dreamer comes out to confront them and gets a big pop. Lashley vs. Dreamer in a NYC Street Fight is next.

I don't know what to think about it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Early into Ken's run, that's for sure how it was. Same thing with Taz and the Tazmission. And that was Dean's entire gimmick at the time. He'd apply a hold and it was an instant injury kind of deal. So to have him and Joe both have cross arm breakers on for 5 minutes and Taz stand up completely fine was so weird/hilarious/frustrating.

People also sold the Crossface Chicken Wing like crazy when Backlund turned heel.

TNA Hardcore Justice

* Tigre Uno defeated Crazzy Steve in a match taped for Xplosion.

* Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky vs. Angelina Love vs. Taryn Terrell is next. Kim gets the win and retains her title.

* Stairway to Janice with Bram vs. Abyss is next. There's a ladder at ringside and Christy Hemme points up to Abyss' Janice weapon hanging above the ring from a chain. Bram gets the win by retrieving Janice.

* In-ring segment with Ethan Carter III, Rhino and Rockstar Spud. They turn on Rhino and beat him down, blaming him for Dixie Carter getting put through a table.

* Samoa Joe defeated Low Ki.

* Mr. Anderson defeated Samuel Shaw in an I Quit Match. Gunner was at ringside and stopped Anderson from delivering a post-match beatdown.

* Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy come out for a promo and get a big pop. Team 3D are out next to an even bigger pop. The Wolves interrupt next and the three teams cut promos for their upcoming match.

* The crew comes out to set up the steel cage. It will be a 6-man match with the winner being the new #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title.

* Bobby Roode vs. Gunner vs. Eric Young vs. Austin Aries vs. Magnus vs. James in a #1 contender's cage match is next. The match ends when Roode and Young both escape the cage at the same time and hit the floor. They argue but there is no winner.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When will Hardcore Justice air?

This is the first night of tapings, no, so it should be either next week or the week after. Putting those "PPVs" kinda close together eh Dixie? Got to give the people what they want!

somedevil

When will Hardcore Justice air?

This is the first night of tapings, no, so it should be either next week or the week after. Putting those "PPVs" kinda close together eh Dixie? Got to give the people what they want!

It will air on 8/21. If they do 5 tapings like last time they have tapings to September 18

Oh man, I had no idea this was the fuckin show with THE Zandig promo (what, are you blind?) and also the unbreakable glass incident that I'm sure's on Botchamania somewhere. The match itself is just fucking ridiculous, constant lighttube shots leaving a cloud of dust hanging over the whole thing, numerous sofuckindumb bumps, a goddamn SWERVE right in the middle, Zandig, Mondo & Wifebeater bleeding a TON. I actually felt a bit queasy seeing a thumbtack-covered lighttube being hit over Wifebeater's already cut-to-ribbons back, fucking disgusting. Mondo sliced deep into his forearm and had to be tied together with tape, while Zandig (who got worked over the most) somehow took it relatively well.

Not a great day for Trent;

[]http://110.imagebam.com/download/H5N3Vj2NoQK077_OSqL0jQ/34333/343325631/Acid.gif[/]

Trent Acid vs Unbreakable Glass;

[]http://109.imagebam.com/download/o09EuJzXiiFnAi0LYtp6nQ/34333/343325676/Acid3.gif[/]

Wifebeater takes his hundredth lighttube shot of the day;

[]http://110.imagebam.com/download/Te_Un3S035FtH6onG8Cd2Q/34333/343325702/BackseatBoyz.gif[/]

Not a great day for Zandig (Nobody does this to the Zandig!);

[]http://112.imagebam.com/download/diYJMbp64rWJY0URy4kpTA/34333/343325714/Zandig.gif[/img]

Trent Acid was turned into one of my big stars in my EWR promotion thanks to an amazing developmental system. RIP.

Do you know what happens to a star when it dies?
It becomes Stardust

Or it becomes a black hole.

Thank fucking god Smackdown Is getting off fridays

If it's actually happening I hope it does before Impact ends. Just smack the shovel over TNA's grave and pack it down.

8/28 Impact

* Angelina Love vs. Gail Kim in a Last Knockout Standing match is first. Velvet Sky is at ringside. Gail won to retain her title.

* Tajiri came out to a nice pop and defeated Robbie E. Tajiri looked great.

* Kurt Angle cuts a promo from the balcony but is interrupted by MVP, Kenny King and Bobby Lashley in the ring. They get heat and MVP threatens to have the NYPD start handing out chokeholds, referencing the recent death of a man. Tommy Dreamer comes out to confront them and gets a big pop. Lashley vs. Dreamer in a NYC Street Fight is next.

* Lashley defeated Tommy Dreamer in a NYC Street Fight. MVP and Kenny King joined Lashley in the ring after the match.

* Manik, Homicide and DJ Zema Ion vs. Tigre Uno, Low Ki and Crazzy Steve is up next. Team Manik gets the win.

* Ethan Carter III defeated Rhino with help from Rockstar Spud.

* Kurt Angle comes to the ring for a promo. American flags are handed out to fans in the crowd. Team 3D are out next with Mr. Anderson. War hero Chris Melendez is out next, making his debut. He's also from the Team 3D Academy. They did a really feel-good segment to introduce Melendez.

* The Hardys vs. Team 3D vs. The Wolves is next. Team 3D wins. This is the first of a series of matches between the team. The next will be a Tables Match.

RBH

Impact 8/28 spoiler:

They get heat and MVP threatens to have the NYPD start handing out chokeholds, referencing the recent death of a man.

Ugh.

Are we sure Russo is gone from TNA?

Snaku

Banned
Impact 8/28 spoiler:

They get heat and MVP threatens to have the NYPD start handing out chokeholds, referencing the recent death of a man.

Ugh.

Are we sure Russo is gone from TNA?

Maybe they found some notes Russo scribbled out on dinner napkins before he left.

All dirtsheets get their SD spoilers from the same guy (the one who does them for WrestlingInc)

Dude got kicked out early tonight (like during the first segment early), so nobody has spoilers. Want to know the Ambrose/Rollins stip? Tune in Friday unless the Observer has them.

jred2k

You're right. Next week on Raw we should have Lesnar make fun of all the dead Make-A-Wish kids Cena has spent time with. I mean, he's a heel, so it'll be fine, right?

Do you hold actors to the same standards? Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio is a real scumbag for being a slave owner?

If it helps make the crowd want to see him get his ass kicked and increases the intensity of the match, then I think it makes sense to do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Do you hold actors to the same standards? Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio is a real scumbag for being a slave owner?

If it helps make the crowd want to see him get his ass kicked and increases the intensity of the match, then I think it makes sense to do.

This.

You're right. Next week on Raw we should have Lesnar make fun of all the dead Make-A-Wish kids Cena has spent time with. I mean, he's a heel, so it'll be fine, right?

Cena retorts "at least i got a healthy colon", the c-word causes Brock to double over and heave. Repeat at Summerslam, Cena Wins

I think the WWE is, for all we try to argue, an amalgamation of sports and entertainment. As Roddy Piper said, there is very little separation between on-screen and real life. Every performer is uniquely tied to their role. DiCaprio plays many parts in many movies. Brock Lesnar is ever only Brock Lesnar, on and off-screen. John Cena is ever only John Cena, on and off-screen. I don't think that comparing it to movies or TV in any way is a 1:1 comparison. I think the more comparable situation is athletes and what they say in the media and on Twitter. I think the performers, and by extension the company, are more held accountable for their words and actions than a movie star would be because there is, by design, less separation between the character and the person.

hahahhahaha oh god some SD spoilers are apparently being revealed and if they're real,
Ambrose/Rollins is a fucking lumberjack match

Full un-detailed:

* Dean Ambrose kicks off SmackDown with an in-ring promo. Seth Rollins interrupts from the stage. Ambrose announces a Lumberjack Match for SummerSlam. Rollins picks Ambrose's opponent for tonight and it's Randy Orton.

* Sin Cara defeated Damien Sandow.

* Paige defeated Natalya.

* There was a promo with Chris Jericho talking about Bray Wyatt and SummerSlam.

* Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton ended in a No Contest when Seth Rollins interfered and a brawl broke out.

If they want to make it interesting, they'll make the lumberjacks a bunch of Tumblr fangirls pissed at Seth for breaking up The Shield.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe they didn't want to do a cage match because they're planning a Hell in a Cell match for that ppv/network special event. Not like the feud is ending at Summerslam.

EDIT - Not that I'm defending a lumberjack stip. That pretty much guarantees this match won't be as good as we know it can be.

Top Bottom