• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Aiii

So not worth it
Welp not sure if legit but...

10593002_638807822893654_8945132072022720972_n.jpg

Yes, all belts are getting a WWE logo upgrade to the new logo.

ghostmind

Legit. WWE ordered new versions of all the belts with the updated WWE logo on it.

So how many belts will WWE have post-Summerslam?

Unified WWE Heavyweight Championship
Unified Intercontinental/US Championship
Tag Team Championships
Divas Championship

Is that correct? Just 4 (actually 5 as tag belts =2) belts?

i wouldn't turn wwe into wcw, i'm just being fussy :D. I loved the old school WWF logo in the block letters. I'd love them to do the WWE in that style as they did for the WWE Legends logo.

strobogo

Banned
Yo, watched a pretty dope HBO doc on Richard Nixon last night. Besides his questionable views on my people, Yeezus' people, and Spider's people, I still don't think he was that bad. Especially compared to a few of the people that came after him (Reagan and the Bushes especially, but Clinton and Obama aren't clean).

ECW started getting a lot better at the end of 1994 and heading into 1995. Dean and Benoit were in a hot angle with Taz/Sabu, Shane was probably at his best he'd ever be in ECW, Raven's debut was about to happen, Tully Blanchard came in, Cactus was still doing his thing.

On the negative side of things: Jason was still heavily featured, the format is always a mess (never the same from week to week, way too much cutting back to Joey in the middle of matches for no reason, still using the 5 month old ECW banner behind Joey for some reason), the chopped up matches.

But it definitely was a true alternative to WWF/WCW, way more than TNA has ever been to WWE.

Hasney

I wish someone would ask Heyman why he kept using Jason. I mean, I loved his booking because he could make the guys that were unwatchable everywhere else entertaining (Public Enemy, Justin Credible, Sandman), but he couldn't even mould Jason into something I'd want to watch. The only explanation I can think of was as his personal challenge or something.

strobogo

Banned
I wish someone would ask Heyman why he kept using Jason. I mean, I loved his booking because he could make the guys that were unwatchable everywhere else entertaining (Public Enemy, Justin Credible, Sandman), but he could even mould Jason into something I'd want to watch. The only explanation I can think of was as his personal challenge or something.

At least he eventually had Jason as a manager only. Only 4 fucking years too late. Can you believe that when he was TV Champion, he was a 10 year vet? 10 years in that the guy was as bad as all the Diva Search girls who never even got trained. He had zero to offer. He was awful in the ring, awful on the mic, didn't have nearly the look for his gimmick, nor was he good enough at anything to do his gimmick ironically with his shitty look.

I liked Ron Simmons couple of months in ECW more than his entire WCW run after Doom. Those promos were hilarious. Also GOD DAMN IT STOP SAYING THE ECW. Fuck.

Hasney

I've taken to Wiki regarding Jason and it doesn't mention him having any dirt on Heyman or something. Just that he was there. He also got into training people and the only name I recognize is Velvet Sky... Which makes sense.

Also:
On August 2, 2003, Knight debuted in Memphis Wrestling, where he lost a five-man buried alive match to Abyss that also involved Dr. Frank, Freddie Krueger and Lord Humongous

No wonder WWE wants that library.

So the WWE announce the network is coming to my country finally the same month I get unlimited broadband.... Vince has spyware on my computer for sure, thats why they keep stealing my fantasy booking!

strobogo

Banned
I've taken to Wiki regarding Jason and it doesn't mention him having any dirt on Heyman or something. Just that he was there. He also got into training people and the only name I recognize is Velvet Sky... Which makes sense.

Also:

No wonder WWE wants that library.

Different promotions. The library WWE wants is from the CWA, which was 1977-1989.

Holy SHIT, the Raven video to start episode 91 is the most stupidly mid 90s video possible.

Zach

At least he eventually had Jason as a manager only. Only 4 fucking years too late. Can you believe that when he was TV Champion, he was a 10 year vet? 10 years in that the guy was as bad as all the Diva Search girls who never even got trained. He had zero to offer. He was awful in the ring, awful on the mic, didn't have nearly the look for his gimmick, nor was he good enough at anything to do his gimmick ironically with his shitty look.

I liked Ron Simmons couple of months in ECW more than his entire WCW run after Doom. Those promos were hilarious. Also GOD DAMN IT STOP SAYING THE ECW. Fuck.

I find Jason amusing. He's supposed to be silly, right? Because he's silly. It'll probably get old, though.

And Ron Simmons is one of those guys I'm generally happy to watch, even if he isn't great in the ring. I look forward to his run in The ECW.

strobogo

Banned
I find Jason amusing. He's supposed to be silly, right? Because he's silly. It'll probably get old, though.

And Ron Simmons is one of those guys I'm generally happy to watch, even if he isn't great in the ring. I look forward to his run in The ECW.

You know, I'm not even sure about Jason. I really can't tell if he's legitimately supposed to be a Rick Rude character, or if he's supposed to be a joke version of a Rick Rude character. You're not supposed to take him seriously as a wrestling, for sure. But the character I'm not sure of 20 years later.

Ron's run is really short. Probably November 1994- Jan/Feb 1995. TV wise he only had a couple of matches, the biggest two being Ron/2 Cold vs Pillman (subbing for an injured Stunning Steve during the WCW talent exchange)/Douglas and against Douglas with his injured arm in a sling. But it's really the promos that I'm enjoying. He gets all fired up and rambles about all kinds of shit and it is pretty great. Particularly the promo he has after Shane mentioned the projects in one of his.

hahahhahaha oh god some SD spoilers are apparently being revealed and if they're real,
Ambrose/Rollins is a fucking lumberjack match

Full un-detailed:

* Dean Ambrose kicks off SmackDown with an in-ring promo. Seth Rollins interrupts from the stage. Ambrose announces a Lumberjack Match for SummerSlam. Rollins picks Ambrose's opponent for tonight and it's Randy Orton.

* Sin Cara defeated Damien Sandow.

* Paige defeated Natalya.

* There was a promo with Chris Jericho talking about Bray Wyatt and SummerSlam.

* Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton ended in a No Contest when Seth Rollins interfered and a brawl broke out.

That's all that happened on Smackdown?

So how many belts will WWE have post-Summerslam?

Unified WWE Heavyweight Championship
Unified Intercontinental/US Championship
Tag Team Championships
Divas Championship

Is that correct? Just 4 (actually 5 as tag belts =2) belts?

I would love a Hardcore championship again. That belt actually meant something back in the day, even when it was being passed around in those hardcore scramble matches. They were so much fun. I guess it's hard to do Hardcore on PG.

Also, I would like them to go back to calling it the Women's Championship. I know, I ask too much.

Kaladin

I couldn't make it through the first match of Raw on Hulu for all the Network pushes and shoving $9.99 down our throats. It's like when they discovered twitter was a thing.

There should be two midcard titles. They just can't book them right.

The IC stuff is good right now actually. Ziggler's pursuit of it is awesome and you can tell means a lot. The crowd went bonkers when he almost won it and will go crazy if and when he does win it.

The US belt...There's 0 reason for Sheamus to have. It's so perfectly made for Bo Dallas. Hell you don't even have to have golden boy Sheamus lose clean. That'll make it even better

Alucard

Banned
JR can be such a condescending asshole when talking about random stuff to fans at the start of his podcast.

"Oh, how I love it when fans use the term 'push'! 'When is he gonna get pushed? When is he gonna get pushed?' Like they know what that means."

"And then fans go online and whine 'Oooooh, why isn't he getting used? Why isn't he getting used?'"

A product of his time, or just a prick with a good resume?

Bowser

JR can be such a condescending asshole when talking about random stuff to fans at the start of his podcast.

"Oh, how I love it when fans use the term 'push'! 'When is he gonna get pushed? When is he gonna get pushed?' Like they know what that means."

"And then fans go online and whine 'Oooooh, why isn't he getting used? Why isn't he getting used?'"

I think it's become pretty clear since he started his podcast that JR's just a douchebag prick, and kind of a creep to boot.

Showaddy

I can never understand why JR's so loyal to a company that treated him like complete shit. Like they openly mock him but he sneers at anyone who questions the companies general booking & creative decisions no matter how poor they are.

Xater

It sounds like he is one of those old guys that just hates that people use their super secret inside lingo.

Cagey

Banned

He's a condescending prick, but he's also correct.

Xater

Also people are really upset about a lumberjack match? I mean the stipulation doesn't really fit the feud but it doesn't have to be bad.

jmdajr

Also people are really upset about a lumberjack match? I mean the stipulation doesn't really fit the feud but it doesn't have to be bad.

I guess the logic is it keeps them in the ring since they just go nuts. Still, I would have preferred an insane street fight.

Bowser

I would have preferred ANYTHING over that. Ladder match, street fight/no holds barred, 2 out of 3 falls, hell even a briefcase on a pole match.

Alucard

Banned
I think it's become pretty clear since he started his podcast that JR's just a douchebag prick, and kind of a creep to boot.

It sounds like he is one of those old guys that just hates that people use their super secret inside lingo.

He's a condescending prick, but he's also correct.

Just listening to his AJ Styles interview. He also hijacks his own interviews and waxes about the good old days in the middle of answers.

Interviewee: "That was the year I first met X."

JR: "Isn't he a great guy? I remember that he would always do such and such. And there was one time when him and I did such and such. There was also a PPV where we such and such. But he always came across as adjective, adjective, and adjective. So you were saying...you met him, and then...?"

Interviewee: "Yeah, and I met him at the X dome."

JR: "That's such a cool place! I remember when I was working one time, and we had come to the X dome two hours early..."

jmdajr

This JR Sting podcast interview is great...

JR: So Sting do you think..................................and remember the time.........
but correct me if I'm wrong...........................if you were to tell me..................
....................(1 hour goes by*)...................................would you agree?
Sting: Yup.

I mentioned something similar.

Xater

Well not everyone can be a great interviewer like Austin.

I still can't believe that is something I can unironically say.

Top Bottom