• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Aiii

So not worth it
I stopped listening to JR fairly early on. Guy is just not very pleasant to listen to for the reasons mentioned above.

Plus the whole 40 minute intro in which he says absolutely nothing of interests and just rambles on and on about nothing in particular.

Austin does that to, but that guy is just entertaining as fuck just randomly talking about mice or his ranch or driving in LA. JR, not so much.

jmdajr

i8x1JvRSpkgEz.gif

Dean has looked the same every single day of his life. He probbaly looked that way when he was born.

I stopped listening to JR fairly early on. Guy is just not very pleasant to listen to for the reasons mentioned above.

Plus the whole 40 minute intro in which he says absolutely nothing of interests and just rambles on and on about nothing in particular.

Austin does that to, but that guy is just entertaining as fuck just randomly talking about mice or his ranch or driving in LA. JR, not so much.

The episode with the fly was amazing.

jmdajr

Well not everyone can be a great interviewer like Austin.

I still can't believe that is something I can unironically say.

Listening to the new one with Ricky Morton which is well, kind of sad. Can't believe he is still working. Anyhow at least Austin let's him, no pun intended, get his shit in.

I know folks don't appreciate/like Jericho's humor but I dig his interviews as well. Just seem more natural and laid back. Not wooden. Plus, butt rock rules.

RP912

Banned
I can see JR being a self pretentious old bitter bastard. I remember reading about the fact he wasn't as pleasant as he seemed on commentary. This is the same guy that was smoking cigarettes and talking about breasts on camera.

Listening to the new one with Ricky Morton which is well, kind of sad. Can't believe he is still working. Anyhow at least Austin let's him, no pun intended, get his shit in.

I know folks don't appreciate/like Jericho's humor but I dig his interviews as well. Just seem more natural and laid back. Not wooden. Plus, butt rock rules.

jmdajr

Well all least that jerk CM Punk won't end up like that. Wonder when his new Podcast where he doesn't talk about wrestling start.

edit: Wow Ricky can actually still do this????

in ring action

RP912

Banned
Well all least that jerk CM Punk won't end up like that. Wonder when his new Podcast where he doesn't talk about wrestling start.

in due time ;)

I can see the podcast now...

Nonstop walking dead conversations, shitty indie band discussions, and colt cabana corner.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope Punk does a podcast that has nothing to do with wrestling, that would be great for two reasons:

1. The guy seems to like a lot of the stuff I like.
2. It would be tons of fun seeing the rage on the internet when he doesn't spend a single minute talking about wrestling.

Give me this.

jmdajr

I hope Punk does a podcast that has nothing to do with wrestling, that would be great for two reasons:

1. The guy seems to like a lot of the stuff I like.
2. It would be tons of fun seeing the rage on the internet when he doesn't spend a single minute talking about wrestling.

Give me this.

They will also listen everyday just in case he does. I will probbaly listen. I am ashamed.

Penguin

I kind of feel bad for Bret Hart in 95

Like he was the workhorse who they saddled with a bunch of silly feuds to keep him out of the main event

Vylash

Austin's podcast is the only wrestler podcast I can listen to because he's so damn entertaining, Jericho is boring and JR is a prick, I heard Dusty was starting one and I'd be all in for that

Swig'a water for the workin' man

RP912

Banned
I kind of feel bad for Bret Hart in 95

Like he was the workhorse who they saddled with a bunch of silly feuds to keep him out of the main event

His feud with hakushi was amazing and his feud with diesel was underrated. I would say his 93 run was miserable as fuck. He got overshadowed during the whole yokozuna/hogan fiasco at wrestlemania 9, had a godtier performance at king of the ring to get assaulted by Jerry Lawler, and god steamrolled into the mid to low card picture.

Austin's podcast is the only wrestler podcast I can listen to because he's so damn entertaining, Jericho is boring and JR is a prick, I heard Dusty was starting one and I'd be all in for that

Swig'a water for the workin' man

Austin can actually interview, and he steers the conversation away from himself, rather than making it about him. He just isn't a mark for himself like every other wrestler with a podcast is. He asks good questions, he asks follow up questions, and he does what he can to make the guest interesting even when they aren't. It's amazing how good he's gotten at this, he clearly is trying every week to improve as an interviewer.

jmdajr

Austin can actually interview, and he steers the conversation away from himself, rather than making it about him. He just isn't a mark for himself like every other wrestler with a podcast is. He asks good questions, he asks follow up questions, and he does what he can to make the guest interesting even when they aren't. It's amazing how good he's gotten at this, he clearly is trying every week to improve as an interviewer.

He just knows how to... put people over.

Brie vs Steph is all I care about, I love it. Can't stop saying biTCH to everything in real life. My GF doesn't like it I don't think lol even though she knows I'm doing it because wrestling giggles - whats with women and that word? It doesn't seem like something that should offend that much, the word doesn't have much power in my books.

Oh well, did I miss any Layla gifs from Raw?

jmdajr

Brie vs Steph is all I care about, I love it. Can't stop saying biTCH to everything in real life. My GF doesn't like it I don't think lol even though she knows I'm doing it because wrestling giggles - whats with women and that word? It doesn't seem like something that should offend that much, the word doesn't have much power in my books.

Oh well, did I miss any Layla gifs from Raw?

This match needs to deliver. Gonna be really sad if it sucks.

Hasney

The only way it will deliver is with a clusterfuck booking, run-ins and probably a Nikki turn. Might be a fun match to scan through, but not watch.

EDIT: light tubes would also help.

jmdajr

The only way it will deliver is with a clusterfuck booking, run-ins and probably a Nikki turn. Might be a fun match to scan through, but not watch.

EDIT: light tubes would also help.

I'm pretty sure shenanigans galore. They sadly can't carry it alone.

Its like Steph said if I'm coming back to do my first match in aaaaages I want this one to have all the bells and whistle fun you guys get to enjoy!

Pull-away brawls.

Contract signings lol.

All it needed was someone to blade, or maybe a elbow to the face accidental blood.

That's all that happened on Smackdown?

Orton/Ambrose was almost half an hour long
Also it didn't cover backstage segments, and there were apparently a lot of recap videos. Hope you liked that full Brock/Cena promo video that aired twice on Raw, because it's airing at least once on SD!

Its like Steph said if I'm coming back to do my first match in aaaaages I want this one to have all the bells and whistle fun you guys get to enjoy!

Pull-away brawls.

Contract signings lol.

All it needed was someone to blade, or maybe a elbow to the face accidental blood.

You're also forgetting the post-PPV 15 minute in-ring promo on Raw.

I'm not the biggest Brock fan but I would still love it if he wins.

Killing the Undertaker rub with Cena seems like something this company would do right now.

Brock needs to win this.

But he needs to stick around till at least the Royal Rumble on a regular basis. Beating opponents and defending regularly. Make him look like the post 21 and 1 beast he is supposed to be.

I'm not sure who I want beating Brock but he needs to be young and a potential star for the company.

I fear they may give it to Reigns at the Rumble. :/

Top Bottom