• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

njean777

tumblr_n9v6z4xtQO1tt2jjyo1_500.gif

I literally just busted out laughing at this. My god that is a perfect gif.

Sid

Prediction: Bork beats Cena at Summer Fest and then proceeds to fight Cena,Reigns,Batista and Orton at WM 31 where Reigns wins followed by a successful Rollins cash in on the same night.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Prediction: Bork beats Cena at Summer Fest and then proceeds to fight Cena,Reigns,Batista and Orton at WM 31 where Reigns wins followed by a successful Rollins cash in on the same night.

I really like the cut of your jib.

Xater

Killing the Undertaker rub with Cena seems like something this company would do right now.

Brock needs to win this.

But he needs to stick around till at least the Royal Rumble on a regular basis. Beating opponents and defending regularly. Make him look like the post 21 and 1 beast he is supposed to be.

I'm not sure who I want beating Brock but he needs to be young and a potential star for the company.

I fear they may give it to Reigns at the Rumble. :/

That's what I fear as well. That would make the Undertaker thing such a waste.

Also I think having the champ not around all the time would be totally alright. Make him a rare attraction to actually entice people.

Aiii

So not worth it
What rub? Taker was too broken down so at the last minute (as in days before WM) Vince decided to end the streak, because he figured it was the last chance to do so.

This match is just Brock passing the streak win to Cena, who they imtended to end the streak anyways.

Cena wins lol.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I'm not sure who I want beating Brock but he needs to be young and a potential star for the company.
To be honest, I would have Cesaro do it. The guy is a legit beast, and if booked properly, there would no problem at all of believing that he could win. Not to mention that with him being former Heyman guy, there's a built in feud right there.

jmdajr

What rub? Taker was too broken down so at the last minute (as in days before WM) Vince decided to end the streak, because he figured it was the last chance to do so.

This match is just Brock passing the streak win to Cena, who they imtended to end the streak anyways.

Cena wins lol.

Is this Cena's Final form????

Xater

Cena wins lol.

What a depressing thought. Sad thing is that seems totally plausible...

To be honest, I would have Cesaro do it. The guy is a legit beast, and if booked properly, there would no problem at all of believing that he could win. Not to mention that with him being former Heyman guy, there's a built in feud right there.

They really should've kept his momentum going after WM, instead of reducing him to the point where he's got no storyline and is getting jobbed out to the likes of Swagger and Ziggler.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
They really should've kept his momentum going after WM, instead of reducing him to the point where he's got no storyline and is getting jobbed out to the likes of Swagger and Ziggler.

They really should've, he was, and to an extent still kinda is, one of the most loved guys just before wresltemania. The swing still gets cheers if it's only teased. I don't know what's going through their minds...

Well, there is a theory though. Sometimes, though not always, they will book a guy to job a ton just before they get ready to give them a big push. I guess this is a way of "humbling" them.

But then again... Roman Reigns hasn't jobbed... practically ever, so there you go.

Sephzilla

Killing the Undertaker rub with Cena seems like something this company would do right now.

Brock needs to win this.

But he needs to stick around till at least the Royal Rumble on a regular basis. Beating opponents and defending regularly. Make him look like the post 21 and 1 beast he is supposed to be.

I fear they may give it to Reigns at the Rumble. :/

That's what I fear as well. That would make the Undertaker thing such a waste.

Also I think having the champ not around all the time would be totally alright. Make him a rare attraction to actually entice people.

Honestly I think the Taker rub has already been wasted.

Are most renewals up after SS?

Will be funny to see Cena win lol and then subs drop off by half lol

I think all of the people who subbed on Day 1 expire right after SummerSlam.

They really should've, he was, and to an extent still kinda is, one of the most loved guys just before wresltemania. The swing still gets cheers if it's only teased. I don't know what's going through their minds...

Well, there is a theory though. Sometimes, though not always, they will book a guy to job a ton just before they get ready to give them a big push. I guess this is a way of "humbling" them.

But then again... Roman Reigns hasn't jobbed... practically ever, so there you go.

They're just ridiculously incompetent, that they don't want to push more than one guy at a time.

452609668.jpg

Can Batista still level up? Is he stuck at Piccolo level????? How much more power can Hollywood Batista absorb.

Dammit, why is he going for the balding look? Shaved Tista is Bestista.

Bowser

Hogan wants to wrestle:

"Brother, my goal is to perform in the ring again, it’s not if, it’s when, I’ve been training like crazy, my back doesn’t hurt at all, my back’s perfect, (Hulk has had 9 back surgeries) now I’ve finally got by back straightened out and I’m really trying to get myself into shape because if you step inside that WWE ring you better bring it, and last time I brought it they begged me to take it back.”

Striker

They had Cesaro doing this directionless spot before, though. Messing around with the US title, going from random feud to random feud. Did have non-title losses to guys like Gabriel, Kingston and R-Truth.

The high points being with Zeb Colter and getting that babyface tease going into Mania and winning that Andre Battle Royal. But right after that, he dropped like a rock. Allying him with Heyman did absolutely nothing.

Mahonay

Banned
Austin can actually interview, and he steers the conversation away from himself, rather than making it about him. He just isn't a mark for himself like every other wrestler with a podcast is. He asks good questions, he asks follow up questions, and he does what he can to make the guest interesting even when they aren't. It's amazing how good he's gotten at this, he clearly is trying every week to improve as an interviewer.
It helps that Austin is very self aware and just a really affable person in general.

Jim Ross is socially awkward and doesn't know how to lead a long interview, which just turns into JR story time as a result.

Jericho is super energetic all the time and is kind of annoying, which wears on me personally.

Austin's personality lends to interviewing way better than the other two. If the Rock wasn't a bazillionaire and had the time to do a podcast, I imagine his would be pretty awesome too.

jmdajr

I don't even know what DragonBall character Cena is now.

Vegeta would need to figure out how to go Super Saiyen 3 and then merge with Super Saiyen 3 Goku.

And even still...

Sephzilla

I don't want to inadvertently start a "Cena ruins everything" thread here but I had a question I wanted to ask.

Wrestlers making comebacks after retirement seem to be a fairly common thing (Flair cant stay away, Hogan wants one more match, HHH has had unofficial retirement matches twice, Rock came back, Steamboat came back). One notable big name who has pretty much stuck to retirement has been Steve Austin.

Considering Austin has said in recent years that he's in pretty good shape and could put on one more program, do you think that the reason Austin hasn't done any comeback story-line is because he'd probably ultimately just job to Cena?

Xater

Also if the subscriptions run out after Summerslam they better make sure it will be hell of a show or they might not like the result.

Top Bottom