• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Not sure. Only McCool really knows.

6f0aih4.gif

Lol, got the whole pack of CZW shows from '99 and on the 3rd or so show the first match features Mike Quackensbush wearing the worst ring gear I've ever seen and coming out to no reaction, until one fan at ringside yells "Quackenbush looks like a pussy!". The match is pretty dire, Reckless makes everyone else look remotely good, Quack & Ric Blade get a "You guys suck!" chant and Quack hits the worst looking palm strike I've ever seen. These '99 CZW shows are fucking BRUTAL - the undercard is so bad, it makes Zandig, Lobo and Gage seem like fucking superstars in comparison.

Hasney

The ghost of Sin Cara continues to botch his packaging.

Well it's technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Finished the Heyman doc, going to buy it. Wish we could see everything that was edited out. For those who do grab it, listen to the Heyman edition of Jerichos podcast around the same time as it does help fill in some of the blanks here and there.

Anth0ny

Fucking hell. I hate the sound of Michael Cole's voice, too.

I wonder if Cena goes over at Summer Slam or at the rematch at the September PPV. Gotta give the people an incentive to re-subscribe at the end of the 6 month period. What better than Cena overcoming the odds to get people excited about the future of WWE? Did you know it's only $9.99 a month to subscribe to the WWE Network?

Lol, got the whole pack of CZW shows from '99 and on the 3rd or so show the first match features Mike Quackensbush wearing the worst ring gear I've ever seen and coming out to no reaction, until one fan at ringside yells "Quackenbush looks like a pussy!". The match is pretty dire, Reckless makes everyone else look remotely good, Quack & Ric Blade get a "You guys suck!" chant and Quack hits the worst looking palm strike I've ever seen. These '99 CZW shows are fucking BRUTAL - the undercard is so bad, it makes Zandig, Lobo and Gage seem like fucking superstars in comparison.

lol

just sounds awful, no redeeming qualities at all

Heading back from the gym, daughter is muttering something. I turn down the radio and ask her what she said. She says, slightly louder, "I'm gonna rip John Cena limb from limb."

BTW, she has not mentioned $9.99 one single time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heading back from the gym, daughter is muttering something. I turn down the radio and ask her what she said. She says, slightly louder, "I'm gonna rip John Cena limb from limb."

Hopefully she doesn't get in a fight with a kid at school and tells the principal about 'piss running down his leg'

Vylash

Teach her the Kimura Lock and send her to AXXESS

Thorakai

you raised a wonderful daughter. may bork be with you.

Do you think he practiced that promo? I mean it's flawless.

Just everything about him is bat-shit insane to perfection. He's the greatest actor of our generation. You just know he goes home and reads the works of the world's greatest philosophers and watches those crappy arthouse films noone else can stomach. Probably sips the finest gin too.

Also, I'm not sure I've marked out as much in 2000 era as the day Scott Steiner pulled out the top rope Frankensteiner while he was in TNA after what felt like a decade. It was like a landmark moment and return to greatness again.

And it's with that that Scott Steiner moves into my ALL TIME FAV 5!

5. Scott Steiner
4. Hydra
3. Ultra Mantis Black
2. Triple H
1. Owen Hart

Just catching up on Day 8 of the G1 and good god, why did TNA let Archer go? Fantastic big man:

I've not seen a Lance Archer match since his WWE run but it's because at the time he sucked. I watched a lot of TNA from that time period and he was the worst part of any match he was in. It didn't help that he apparently hung out with the fans after the show which made him over with the Impact zone audience (Hoytmania) and a flop everywhere else they performed.

Top Bottom