• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

First of all Bay films are not fun and playful. These days they are miserable experiences that wear on your sanity.

Secondly I said it's of course shit that would come out of his production company because everything Platinum Dunes has done was shit.

Bay's like Zack Snyder, only Snyder actually made a good movie (Dawn of the Dead)

Just came from the hospital after surgery to remove the pins. The surgeons played We Are The Champions by Queen before I went night night. Bones are realigned, should fully recover in a week or two.

Thanks for all the kind words, especially from CrayJay Lee with the pm when I got nervous.

Be afraid for entrant #30 of the GAF Rumble, friends.

strobogo

Banned
That TMNT sucked too, ugly ass costumes.

Nah brah. The turtles costumes in the first two movies were dope. As were those movies in general. Including the giant sunflowers, Vanilla Ice, and Kevin Nash. 3 was horrible at everything, including costumes. And then that Power Rangers like show was even worse. I've seen TNMT 1 and 2 with in the last 2 years. They kept it fun and playful, and made it enjoyable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TMNT 2 was shitty and as boring as you could get. At least with Bays Turtles, I can say, 'hey this looks different.'

TMNT 2 is as rudimentary as you can get.

jmdajr

If I am going to be honest, I was never really a fan of the original TMNT live action movies.
They were ok but I was not wowed.

The cartoons were very enjoyable to me and the peak of it were those Konami games.
That first NES game was shit though and I forced myself to play it just because... well ..ninja turtles yo.

Oh. And I NEVER read the comic.

Sephzilla

TMNT1 in particular has aged remarkably well, I think.

And as a comic book adaption it's pretty great. It manages to blend some of the original comic aspects with the 80s cartoon stuff, and does it perfectly.

jmdajr

Just came from the hospital after surgery to remove the pins. The surgeons played We Are The Champions by Queen before I went night night. Bones are realigned, should fully recover in a week or two.

Thanks for all the kind words, especially from CrayJay Lee with the pm when I got nervous.

Well shit, I'm sorry I didn't even know you were all fucked up. Get well soon man.
I once had surgery on my arm for breaking it in half. There were metal rods in there for six months and had to learn to write with my left.

And no, I wasn't hitting people with my forearm like the narcissist Lex Luger.

Get well soon!

Think of Daniel Bry- oh no
jbbq3mraumABHw.jpg
Bay's like Zack Snyder, only Snyder actually made a good movie (Dawn of the Dead)
i dunno
The Rock, Bad Boys, Armageddon > Dawn of the Dead

Transformers 2 (the worst one) > Sucker Punch

jmdajr

Not sure what happened but everyone liked 300 when it came out and everyone hates it now.
I liked it. I even liked the new one (I know it's not Znyder). God Bless Eva Green.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of amazing how the Von Erichs sorta wrestled like heels and were super over babyfaces. David was vicious in the ring a lot of the time, and he always came off as super confident. Like heel levels of super confident.

David as a heel vs Kerry as a face could have been something. No way Fritz would break up that money train though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I enjoyed it but it was stupid and I know that. People need to be willing to admit a lot of shit they liked as a kid was stupid and stop pretending it's some sort of sacred cow.
Oh definitely, but ugly is ugly, is not normal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kerry just made out with some random fan on the way to the ring.

Man is the definition of an Adonis. Holy shit he's huge.
In what way? It's the most Bay-looking film since the last half dozen.

Comparatively to other TMNT movies. I haven't seen Transformers, so I can't compare it to that either.

jmdajr

Dragged too much, bad adaptation. It is just not a very good movie all in all.

How is it a bad adaption? It's like almost frame by frame like the comic. At least from what I remember. Hell that's why some hated Watchmen.

Never saw Sucker Punch. I figure it's a girl power movie since he already made a manly man movie.

Sucker Punch is one of my least favorite movies of the last forever. I'd be surprised it has a fanbase
if it weren't completely obvious why

It helps that Austin is very self aware and just a really affable person in general.

Jim Ross is socially awkward and doesn't know how to lead a long interview, which just turns into JR story time as a result.

Jericho is super energetic all the time and is kind of annoying, which wears on me personally.

Austin's personality lends to interviewing way better than the other two. If the Rock wasn't a bazillionaire and had the time to do a podcast, I imagine his would be pretty awesome too.

Austin is at a good place in his life (at least it comes off that way) and JR is just a bitter old fuck who hates everything. So I guess that's it.

I even remember JR being on Austin's podcast and being bitter and old and Austin just being Austin and trying to keep the talk listenable.

Aiii

So not worth it
How is it a bad adaption/ It's like almost frame by frame like the comic. At least from what I remember. Hell that's why some hated Watchmen. .

That is exactly WHY it is a bad adaptation. A movie is not a comic book and vice versa. Different media require different approaches.

This is why I will never understand people that complain about the Game of thrones TV show changing minor things on the show, while maintaining the major arc. That is exactly how you should adapt.

Heel

You're telling me John Cena is Rocky Fuckin Balboa?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Nikki: And you wanna tell me that those fights weren't real, that you were carried? Well I don't believe it! But it doesn't matter what I believe because you're the one that's got to carry that fear around inside you, afraid that everybody's going to take things away and afraid that you're going to be remembered as a coward, that you're not a man anymore. Well, none of it's true! But it doesn't matter if I tell you. It doesn't matter, because you're the one that's gotta settle it. Get rid of it! Because when all the smoke has cleared and everyone's through chanting your name, it's just going to be us. And you can't live like this. We can't live like this. Cause it's going to bother you for the rest of your life. Look what it's doing to you now. Apollo thinks you can do it, so do I. But you gotta want to do it for the right reasons. Not for the guilt over Mickey, not for the people, not for the title, not for money or me, but for you. Just you. Just you alone.

John : And if I lose?

Nikki: Then you lose. But at least you lose with no excuses, no fear. And I know you can live with that.

Babies like turtles movies, and there's more babies than grown folk. Who cares though?

Dunno if it was intentional, but this is all I could think of when you said this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6jKGVxTbk

And fuck this Zack Snyder hate. Only movie I didn't like was Sucker Punch.

I probably wouldn't dislike Michael Bay movies so much if they just weren't so goddamn long. Transformers 2 is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen in my life. Actually Transformers 2 and Pearl Harbor are the only Bay movies I don't like, so I retract my statement about disliking his movies. Armageddon is a little shitty too.

1. I loved Sucker Punch

2. TMNT 1 is a cinema classic. Absolutely amazing. One of my favorite movies period.

3. Animated TMNT movie is the second best TMNT movie. TMNT 2 is iffy at best and TMNT 3 is baaaaaaad.

4. Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and I thought it was amazing. It's by far the best movie Marvel put out.

Nikki: And you wanna tell me that those fights weren't real, that you were carried? Well I don't believe it! But it doesn't matter what I believe because you're the one that's got to carry that fear around inside you, afraid that everybody's going to take things away and afraid that you're going to be remembered as a coward, that you're not a man anymore. Well, none of it's true! But it doesn't matter if I tell you. It doesn't matter, because you're the one that's gotta settle it. Get rid of it! Because when all the smoke has cleared and everyone's through chanting your name, it's just going to be us. And you can't live like this. We can't live like this. Cause it's going to bother you for the rest of your life. Look what it's doing to you now. Apollo thinks you can do it, so do I. But you gotta want to do it for the right reasons. Not for the guilt over Mickey, not for the people, not for the title, not for money or me, but for you. Just you. Just you alone.

John : And if I lose?

Nikki: Then you lose. But at least you lose with no excuses, no fear. And I know you can live with that.

Cena's career is basically the first half of Rocky 3 but he only beats Lang the first fight and it just ends.

Dunno if it was intentional, but this is all I could think of when you said this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6jKGVxTbk

And fuck this Zack Snyder hate. Only movie I didn't like was Sucker Punch.

I probably wouldn't dislike Michael Bay movies so much if they just weren't so goddamn long. Transformers 2 is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen in my life. Actually Transformers 2 and Pearl Harbor are the only Bay movies I don't like, so I retract my statement about disliking his movies. Armageddon is a little shitty too.

You would have probably been killed if people knew what you were thinking about watching Transformers 2 and Pearl Harbor.

You would have probably been killed if people knew what you were thinking about watching Transformers 2 and Pearl Harbor.

I know I was thinking about curb stomping my ex because she's the only reason I went to see Transformers 2.

I fell asleep after about 90 minutes of Pearl Harbor, so I'm sure I was just having some uhhhh....sweet dreams............

Top Bottom