• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

strobogo

Banned
Turtles are in man. Just go to any store. Merch everywhere.

Most of the Turtles merch is from the current cartoon and not the movie. I have no idea who the movie is supposed to appeal to. It looks nothing like the current show, and I haven't heard of any adults that were fans of the 80s show who thinks it looks anything but awful. It looks way too serious and straight up bad.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kglRfEy.gif

I don't know about serious, but they look fucking hideous.

jmdajr

Most of the Turtles merch is from the current cartoon and not the movie. I have no idea who the movie is supposed to appeal to. It looks nothing like the current show, and I haven't heard of any adults that were fans of the 80s show who thinks it looks anything but awful. It looks way too serious and straight up bad.

Answers coming this weekend.

edit: Leonardo would never act like that!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

people who grew up with something don't think the new versio nof said thing looks good. i am shocked.

strobogo

Banned
The first trailers look just like the Transformers 4 trailers. The one I saw before Transformers 4 itself looked a little lighter, but it still looks overly serious and terrible. Shredder is a Transformer and the turtles are just...wtf are those things?

Xater

Well reviews are out and it is bad. The current cartoon is fun and the comic from IDW right now is great. One of the original creators actually works on the comic which probably why it is so good.

jmdajr

The first trailers look just like the Transformers 4 trailers. The one I saw before Transformers 4 itself looked a little lighter, but it still looks overly serious and terrible. Shredder is a Transformer and the turtles are just...wtf are those things?

It never dawned on me but one of the weird things is that they have lips now. It was was a decision made on getting them to emote/animate better more realz etc.

Not saying I will go see it in theaters, but I will at some point.

Xater

Bay films are the definition of keeping it fun and playful

It's not a Bay film it's a film produced by his company.

The director of Turtles did amazing work such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Wrath of the Titans or Battle Los Angeles.

jmdajr

Michael Bay is like Cena. You can't fucking stop him.

Transformers 4.

Domestic: $241,868,334 24.1%
+ Foreign: $763,800,000 75.9%
= Worldwide: $1,005,668,334

Cenastupidsmile4_zps881f8612.gif

edit: Wow he produced the Purge??? I think that did well too.
Made like 10 times it's budget.

Michael Bay is like Cena. You can't fucking stop him.

Transformers 4.

Domestic: $241,868,334 24.1%
+ Foreign: $763,800,000 75.9%
= Worldwide: $1,005,668,334

Cenastupidsmile4_zps881f8612.gif

edit: Wow he produced the Purge??? I think that did well too.

The last 2 transformers movies have both earned a billion each worldwide, that's really nothing to scoff at.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Babies like turtles movies, and there's more babies than grown folk. Who cares though?

Xater

So it's a Bay film when it's negative, but it's not a Bay film when it's positive. Got ya.

First of all Bay films are not fun and playful. These days they are miserable experiences that wear on your sanity.

Secondly I said it's of course shit that would come out of his production company because everything Platinum Dunes has done was shit.

Thorakai

Shit, now Wrasstlegaf is trying to ruin movies for me with chartz numbers and the studio/director bashing. I want to remain an ignorant movie casual thank you very much, I'm already a cynic when it comes to gaming and wrastlin.

Shit, now Wrasstlegaf is trying to ruin movies for me with chartz numbers and the studio/director bashing. I want to remain an ignorant movie casual thank you very much, I'm already a cynic when it comes to gaming and wrastlin.

Try going to OT and then you'll run back here lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
I bought a talking Ninja Turtle action figure yesterday for my six year old nephew's birthday. Kid loves them, I felt a weird sense of pride knowing kids these days still dig the same shit I was into as a kid. It is hard enough to relate to them, but Turtles I fucking know.

Zach

I love TMNT. My son loves TMNT as well. He knows that I think this new movie looks incredibly bad. I can sense that he still wants to see it, though. It's depressing. I may have to take him.

jmdajr

My wife pretty much rolls her eyes whenever I say director so and so made X movie and coming up Y movie. She doesn't give a shit.

If she doesn't think she'll like the movie, we ain't gonna see it together.

Luckily she is on board with most blockbusters so I don't have to even worry.

jmdajr

I love TMNT. My son loves TMNT as well. He knows that I think this new movie looks incredibly bad. I can sense that he still wants to see it, though. It's depressing. I may have to take him.

Don't crush his dreams. Let the kid make his own mind. Be a good dad. Take him.

strobogo

Banned
First of all Bay films are not fun and playful. These days they are miserable experiences that wear on your sanity.

Secondly I said it's of course shit that would come out of his production company because everything Platinum Dunes has done was shit.

I would agree. T4 was very hard to sit through. I have absolutely zero attachment to the movie, toy, or cartoon franchise. That movie was diggity dog shit. For every reason a movie can be bad. Bad acting, bad directing, bad editing, bad script, bad camera work (THOSE FUCKING DUTCH SHOTS MADE ADAM WEST BATMAN CRY), a handful of really bad effects shots, and it is 8 hours long. It did have the so bad it's good thing going for it at times. Other times it was just a chore to watch.

I really don't have Michael Bay hate, as the only movies of his I've seen are Bad Boys 1/2, Armageddon, The Rock, Pain and Gain, and T4. T4 was the only one I didn't like.

Zach

I bought a talking Ninja Turtle action figure yesterday for my six year old nephew's birthday. Kid loves them, I felt a weird sense of pride knowing kids these days still dig the same shit I was into as a kid. It is hard enough to relate to them, but Turtles I fucking know.

My boy has practically all of the TMNT action figures, new and old. It's great. We've had a few massive battles with every character. Even made up a game with dice rolls and stuff where I was the bad guys and he was the good guys. I rigged it so he would win, of course.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
¡HarlequinPanic!;124260461 said:
Its fuckin' ninja turtles laffo at people getting up in arms about it.

This right here. Grown ass manchildren crying on the net about their childhood is the most annoying shit on the internet. TMNT 2 had a dance scene set to Vanilla Ice for fucks sake. Your childhood sucked.

strobogo

Banned
My boy has practically all of the TMNT action figures, new and old. It's great. We've had a few massive battles with every character. Even made up a game with dice rolls and stuff where I was the bad guys and he was the good guys. I rigged it so he would win, of course.

You were the bad guys and you didn't rig it so YOU won? What are you teaching this kid about business and banks?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To reward myself after finishing Blade, I'm going to replay Resident Evil 2. Because I haven't played it in forever, and it's like fave five ps1 game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This right here. Grown ass manchildren crying on the net about their childhood is the most annoying shit on the internet. TMNT 2 had a dance scene set to Vanilla Ice for fucks sake. Your childhood sucked.
That TMNT sucked too, ugly ass costumes.

Zach

Don't crush his dreams. Let the kid make his own mind. Be a good dad. Take him.

Hey, I might be the kind of dad who lets his kid make up his own mind about religion, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let him like a Michael Bay movie.

Xater

The second film always sucked and there are literally a dozen iterations of the Turtles.

On another note: Twitch had a good run. Now they are implementing their own version of content ID for audio.

Top Bottom