• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Why buy the Paul Hayman DVD, when you can get it from the Network for 9.99*

wait till said DVD makes its way to the WWE network

ROH today announced that its 9/6 show from Toronto, called All-Star Extravaganza, will be airing on iPPV through Ustream.

Unlike as previously reported, ROH will be continuing iPPVs with Ustream, but will need to work with a third party to process orders. This may be an opening for New Japan Pro Wrestling to continue on the platform as well.

We have iPPVs again. Rejoice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jimmy Garvin as Terrence Garvin looks a lot like Nakamura.

'You point that finger at me again, I'll kill you, you little rat.' These Kerry promos are growing on me

For some reason I keep forgetting Bay made The Rock and Bad Boys. Okay, so he's made more good films than Zack Snyder (2 to 1).

Bay:
Bad Boys (good), The Rock (good), Armageddon (sucked, but had the best power ballad of all time), Pearl Harbor (meh), Bad Boys 2 (sucked), The Island (sucked), Transformers 1-4 (sucked), Pain & Gain (haven't seen)

Snyder:
Dawn of the Dead (great), 300 (sucked), Watchmen (sucked), Legend of the Guardians (haven't seen), Sucker Punch (sucker sucked), Man of Steel (holy fucking shit, sucked isn't strong enough)

Both still mostly bad, point still stands

strobogo

Banned
I see the Man of Steel hyperbole is still going on. Movie wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't terrible.

I think it was bad. The worst thing a comic book movie can be is boring, and god damn of MoS wasn't boring as fuuuuuuuuuck. Compare that to ASM2, which was terrible, but still fun to watch. Dialogue was terrible in MoS. Especially anything with Pa Kent. I didn't like a single thing about MoS, but I'm not much of a Superman fan to begin with. Love 1978 and II, though. Enjoy him on JL/JLU, but never been a fan of solo Superman.

I think it was bad. The worst thing a comic book movie can be is boring, and god damn of MoS wasn't boring as fuuuuuuuuuck. Compare that to ASM2, which was terrible, but still fun to watch. Dialogue was terrible in MoS. Especially anything with Pa Kent. I didn't like a single thing about MoS, but I'm not much of a Superman fan to begin with. Love 1978 and II, though. Enjoy him on JL/JLU, but never been a fan of solo Superman.

I liked it. It dragged and I thought it was clunky in some key moments, but I thought it set a nice stage for the universe as a whole. Superman origin stories in general aren't all that great. Most of the best Superman stuff is when he is established and interacting with the greater DCU, so I have hope for DC's future stuff.

Update on Thursday Smackdown:

WWE has confirmed that a move of Smackdown to Thursday is in discussions but has as of yet not been made. They confirmed the production trucks being updated with Smackdown listed as a Thursday night show on Syfy.

"Someone was overzealous in updating our production trucks," said WWE. "The trucks are being fixed to reflect the current and accurate informatino of Fridays at 8 p.m."

To be honest, I would have Cesaro do it. The guy is a legit beast, and if booked properly, there would no problem at all of believing that he could win. Not to mention that with him being former Heyman guy, there's a built in feud right there.
I have very little faith in WWE writers, but whether they know it or not, money is right there in front of them:

- Paul toting Brock to Cesaro's chagrin when he was a Heyman guy
- Cesaro stops being a Heyman guy the night Brock returns
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Brock broke the streak...he shouldn't lose for a while. Whoever beats him next would be made. Cesaro absolutely fits the bill of deserving such a rub better than any other...

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D

Art Donovan/10.

"How much does this fella weigh?"

I have very little faith in WWE writers, but whether they know it or not, money is right there in front of them:

- Paul toting Brock to Cesaro's chagrin when he was a Heyman guy
- Cesaro stops being a Heyman guy the night Brock returns
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Brock broke the streak...he shouldn't lose for a while. Whoever beats him next would be made. Cesaro absolutely fits the bill of deserving such a rub better than any other...

Coming after WM Cesaro would've been the best candidate, but they'd have to do a loooooooooooot of work to rebuild him as a credible threat to Brock that they're definitely not interested in doing

strobogo

Banned
The universe is in a giving mood. Just finished Twin Peaks and my library has the blu ray set. All that bonus material, the movie. Perfect timing.

Gonna dance all night and dance a little longer

tumblr_lxrws7CvjO1qa53f4o1_r1_500.gif

For some reason I keep forgetting Bay made The Rock and Bad Boys. Okay, so he's made more good films than Zack Snyder (2 to 1).

Bay:
Bad Boys (good), The Rock (good), Armageddon (sucked, but had the best power ballad of all time), Pearl Harbor (meh), Bad Boys 2 (sucked), The Island (sucked), Transformers 1-4 (sucked), Pain & Gain (haven't seen)

Snyder:
Dawn of the Dead (great), 300 (sucked), Watchmen (sucked), Legend of the Guardians (haven't seen), Sucker Punch (sucker sucked), Man of Steel (holy fucking shit, sucked isn't strong enough)

Transformers 1 was great, so was 300.

Zach

The universe is in a giving mood. Just finished Twin Peaks and my library has the blu ray set. All that bonus material, the movie. Perfect timing.

Don't expect the movie to be like the show. That's my advice.

Is that one of the Wrestlers, Zach?

He's a guest commentator. Some football player. It was like his first time watching wrasslin' and he was on commentary all night. He asked the most ridiculous questions and Gorilla and Savage eventually gave up and ignored him.

UberTag

t76hlo856c83hi00vg51050019cd52c_los-simpson---twin-peaks_m.png

ROH today announced that its 9/6 show from Toronto, called All-Star Extravaganza, will be airing on iPPV through Ustream.
We have iPPVs again. Rejoice.
Surprised they're running this show out of the old Maple Leaf Gardens instead of the Ted Reeve arena.

Any matches announced yet or just the usual list of performers that are guaranteed to appear?

Phatmac

Bay:

Snyder:

The Rock is great Bad Boys 2 is great Watchmen is ok.

njean777

Bay:

Snyder:

You must be a thrill at parties. Most of those movies are great.

I see the Man of Steel hyperbole is still going on. Movie wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't terrible.

Because it's impossible for some to hold the opinion that it was, in fact, terrible.

You must be a thrill at parties. Most of those movies are great.

Bad Boys, The Rock and Dawn Of The Dead were great. 300 was decent. Watchmen was alright, but nowhere near as good as it could've been. The rest are shit.

somedevil

Some new from the TNA tapings tonight:

* Tonight's crowd isn't as packed. They're moving people up to the better seats to fill them in.

They haven't sold out these tapings.

Also, found this funny:

War hero Chris Melendez comes out to a nice pop. He wins his debut match over DJ Zema Ion with a sideslam. Melendez looked green but that was expected. He got a nice pop and a "we the people" chant at one point.

Mengetsu

No one is safe guys...

mark-yeaton-620x400.jpg

WWE timekeeper Mark Yeaton was released by the company this week. This is considered a shocking release because he’s been the company since the 1980s. This has people worried because it sends the message that no one is safe from budget cuts.

Because it's impossible for some to hold the opinion that it was, in fact, terrible.

"holy fucking shit, sucked isn't strong enough" totally isn't hyperbolic, you're right.

Come on. If you think it was bad, then just say that. The "Man of Steel gave me cancer" BS that is all over the internet is just that. If you don't like a movie, then that's your prerogative, but portraying it as one of the worst things ever is, by definition, hyperbolic.

Would you say it's hyperbolic that it's the worst comic book movie I've ever seen? You sure do like to say things are hyperbolic when you have no idea what others have seen. Oh wait, "no idea", guess that's hyperbolic too.

No one is safe guys...

mark-yeaton-620x400.jpg

Who's gonna throw Austin beers now :[

strobogo

Banned
"holy fucking shit, sucked isn't strong enough" totally isn't hyperbolic, you're right.

Come on. If you think it was bad, then just say that. The "Man of Steel gave me cancer" BS that is all over the internet is just that. If you don't like a movie, then that's your prerogative, but portraying it as one of the worst things ever is, by definition, hyperbolic.

Idk, I really hated MoS and it was one of the least enjoyable movies I've seen over the last 10 years. I legitimately thought it was terrible. On the same level as Green Lantern to me. No hyperbole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall never know. Maybe the timekeeper was a dick and finally went too far. You don't know.

Is that bell 30 years old too?

Is that bell the oldest employed thing left in the company that isn't a McMahon or McMahon friend? #KeepTheBell

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I say let the bell go and we can start with a digital BEEEEEP.

UberTag

Keeping proper time isn't what's best for business.

Next to go will be the Spanish announce table. Because it's far cheaper to dub those guys in remotely from Stanford than to send 'em out to arenas.

Top Bottom