• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

TheBear

No one is safe guys...

mark-yeaton-620x400.jpg

What a fascinating job. Is he responsible for the logistics and timing for the whole show or is he just some dude who rings a bell

Idk, I really hated MoS and it was one of the least enjoyable movies I've seen over the last 10 years. I legitimately thought it was terrible. On the same level as Green Lantern to me. No hyperbole.

Goddamn. Ouch.

Worst 5 comic movies.

1. Catwoman
2. Elektra
3. Green Lantern
4. Fantastic Four
5. The Spirit

Notes from the Observer:

An update is the ROH PPV on 6/22 did approximately 12,000 buys, which is in the same range of a current high-end TNA show. With far lower costs of production and talent, they can come out alright with that and while nothing is official, I expect a second one at Final Battle this year.

There was what was described to me as a panic on 8/6, the afternoon before the second night of tapings. It was a combination of the Observer web site report and all the other web sites reporting on the possibility of Smackdown moving to Thursday and what it means for TNA. But with nothing being said, and the knowledge that a Smackdown move to Thursday would be disastrous for ratings and hurt things with Spike if there was any chance of a new deal. Spike likely won’t move Impact to Friday’s due to Bellator, although Wednesday possibly could be done. But who knows if Spike has any interest going forward as those at Spike have said there is nothing new since our reports from last week. But if there are any negotiations with new stations, if the Smackdown move happens, it hurts Impact badly when it comes to negotiations with new stations.

Ricker, 31, was an 11-year pro trained by Les Thatcher who had been with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and other Southwest indies. He was a participant on “The Hero,” a TBS reality show that Dwayne Johnson hosted, and got a deal after that. One person said he had, by far, the most potential of those cut, but unlike the others which were the numbers game and being not what they wanted or not progressing, Ricker was a different issue. One person said he had the charisma they wanted but there was an issue regarding sending an e-mail that got him buried. Another person noted that his Twitter account was not what the company wanted.

The Ric Flair segment on Raw a few weeks ago with Renee Young was almost entirely scripted, word-for-word. So all that stuff of Flair hitting on her when she was in the short dress was what the writers wanted out of the segment. The only ad-lib line was when Flair was talking about things he’d done in Richmond (where the show was filmed), and he said to the crowd “ask your mothers and fathers.” Creative still hasn’t come up with an idea on how to use Flair, which is why he seemed to have no reason to be on TV which is why the Richmond segment seemed to have no direction, he wasn’t used in Fayetteville for Smackdown the next night and hasn’t been on TV since. Originally Richmond was to start a direction that would make him a regular TV character. The idea was for him to be with Miz when Miz got his new push, but that changed.

The next NXT live special on the network will be on 9/11, called NXT Takeover 2, with
Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze in a four-way for the NXT title, Charlotte vs. Bayley for the Knockouts title and the Ascension vs. Sin Cara & Kalisto for the tag titles
Charlotte and Kalisto
are both supposed to be fast-tracked to the main roster. There is at least talk of
Bayley winning to set up Charlotte going to the main roster
but that’s not a lock.

TNA

* Bobby Roode and Eric Young kick off the show with an in-ring promo about how the cage match ended last week.

* Taryn Terrell defeated Madison Rayne.

* War hero Chris Melendez comes out. He wins his debut match over DJ Zema Ion.

* James Storm comes out and introduces Sanada, who has a new look. Storm calls him The Great Sanada, a shot at The Great Muta. Sanada vs. Austin Aries is next. Sanada wins with the mist to the face and a kick like Muta.

* Young vs. Roode in a #1 contender's match will take place on next week's episode, taping tonight. They had to clean the mist from Sanada off the ring.

* Bobby Lashley, Kenny King and MVP come to the ring. They talk trash about NYC. Samoa Joe interrupts and they set up Joe vs. Lashley. Joe gets beat down until security breaks it up.

* The Menagerie defeated Robbie E and Jessie Godderz in an Xplosion match earlier.

* DJ Zema Ion vs. Manik vs. Tigre Uno vs. Homicide vs. Crazzy Steve vs. Low Ki in a #1 contender's match is next. Homicide gets the win. After the match, Storm and Sanada come in. Sanada kicks Manik and they drag him off to the back.

* Ethan Carter III and Rockstar Spud come out. They cut a promo until Rhino interrupts and attacks Ethan, setting up a match for later.

* Roode vs. Young in a #1 contender's match is next. Roode gets the win and they shake hands after the match. It's possible TNA is taping out of order tonight between the two episodes.

from PWG Facebook Page:

Due to injuries, AR Fox and Trent? will not be able to participate in the 2014 Battle of Los Angeles. Bobby Fish will make his PWG debut to take on Brian Cage on Night One and Candice LeRae makes her Battle of Los Angeles debut as she takes on Rich Swann on Night Two!

I say that is an upgrade.

Aren't you bigger than most of those guys anyway?

I am but even with guys like AJ or Gallows or Anderson, I still don't see how they fit in so nicely in their shirts.

I've dropped some lbs as well. Man I got a long face.

"holy fucking shit, sucked isn't strong enough" totally isn't hyperbolic, you're right.

Come on. If you think it was bad, then just say that. The "Man of Steel gave me cancer" BS that is all over the internet is just that. If you don't like a movie, then that's your prerogative, but portraying it as one of the worst things ever is, by definition, hyperbolic.

There's a difference between saying that "it sucked" isn't strong enough and saying that it gave you cancer. Try and actually read up on what hyperbolic means.

Bork is winning so they can do the 'omg what have I done' angle where HHH realises Bork wont listen to reason and is not best for business/$9.99.

Having said that it would absolutely hilarious if Cena just won like it was nothing the way everyone seems to fear, maaan I hope they do that now just for the giggles because its so stupid a result and I care only slightly more about it than I do about Roman Reigns (zero percent) anyway so makes no difference to me.

They wont.

Bring on Brie and Steph!

And Sting!

strobogo

Banned
from PWG Facebook Page:

Due to injuries, AR Fox and Trent? will not be able to participate in the 2014 Battle of Los Angeles. Bobby Fish will make his PWG debut to take on Brian Cage on Night One and Candice LeRae makes her Battle of Los Angeles debut as she takes on Rich Swann on Night Two!

I say that is an upgrade.

I am but even with guys like AJ or Gallows or Anderson, I still don't see how they fit in so nicely in their shirts.

I've dropped some lbs as well. Man I got a long face.

Friend Edge, what troubles you, friend?

Vs6vAxh.jpg

9/11 Impact

* Samuel Shaw and Gunner vs. Bram and Magnus is up first. Gunner hurts his knee and Bram rolls him up for the win.

* Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim is next with the Knockouts Title on the line. They did a neckbreaker on the steel steps and Taryn hit a RKO. Kim wins and retains the title.

* After the match, Jessica Havok debuted and destroyed both Knockouts.

* Austin Aries calls Sanada and James Storm to the ring. Storm hypes Sanada and says he is reborn now. Storm says he will reboot Havok as well. Aries called Sanada a legendary asshole. Tajiri comes out for the save, he and Aries clear the ring.

* Rockstar Spud with Ethan Carter III vs. Rhino is next. Rhino wins with a Gore. Rhino hit a second Gore on Spud after the match and carried him away.

* Bobby Lashley defeated Samoa Joe with help from Kenny King.

* Mr. Anderson defeated Magnus with a Mic Check.

* MVP defeated Low Ki.

* The Hardys vs. Team 3D vs. The Wolves in a Tables Match in the main event is next. The Hardys win after a Swanton from the top through a table on the outside.

Alucard

Banned
The ROH PPV did around 12,000 buys? That's fantastic considering the lack of true mainstream advertising and no major TV deal. Looking forward to Final Battle in December!

strobogo

Banned
I wasn't comparing the two, that's why there were two separate statements. Let me break it down:

Point 1: "holy fucking shit, sucked isn't strong enough" is hyperbole. Bottom line.

Point 2: The "Man of Steel is the worst thing ever" stuff is, to me, too strong of a reaction. You know, that's my opinion.

Need me to break it down further?

iNNzQ3SAefY2Q.gif

Friend, please let it go

strobogo

Banned
I did. I know a pointless argument when I'm in one.

You're in the wrong, though. I hope you realized that and that's why you quit instead of thinking you aren't going to reach some terribly wrong soul. I think MoS is as bad as Konnan and Michael Hayes. I had a very, very strong and negative reaction to the movie. A lot of people did. It is okay for those people to have those very, very strong and negative reactions. They can be very, very strong and negative and be legitimate and not hyperbole. And even if it is hyperbole, why would that make you so grumpy about it?

jmdajr

I did. I know a pointless argument when I'm in one.
I had no problems with Man of Steel. It was fine. Obviously it wasn't the worst thing ever so just ignore the nonsense.

It's like saying HHH is a B+ player. Obviously that's false, we all know that. But the will to hate is strong. Everything needs super heat, simple boos won't do. They want to slash the movie's tires after they seen it. Man of Steel can't simply walk back the locker room.

strobogo

Banned
StroMomo was diagnosed with cancer shortly after watching Man Of Steel. I find it plausible that a movie can be so bad to someone that it could give them cancer.

However, I respect those with differing opinions and their right to those opinions.

SHOOK.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I forget how good Paul Bearer was. I liked when he got to show a little range during his less Hiterly phase

PInk Tape

Banned
Just came from the hospital after surgery to remove the pins. The surgeons played We Are The Champions by Queen before I went night night. Bones are realigned, should fully recover in a week or two.

Thanks for all the kind words, especially from CrayJay Lee with the pm when I got nervous.

Be afraid for entrant #30 of the GAF Rumble, friends.

You'll get better in no time :)

Top Bottom