• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

You're in the wrong, though. I hope you realized that and that's why you quit instead of thinking you aren't going to reach some terribly wrong soul. I think MoS is as bad as Konnan and Michael Hayes. I had a very, very strong and negative reaction to the movie. A lot of people did. It is okay for those people to have those very, very strong and negative reactions. They can be very, very strong and negative and be legitimate and not hyperbole. And even if it is hyperbole, why would that make you so grumpy about it?

I'm not so much grumpy as I am just trying to separate Internet opinion from popular opinion. Like I said, if people don't like something, that is their right. But, if you look around at really any of the review aggregators, MoS was not received nearly as poorly in a general sense as the reaction here would have you believe. 55 Metacritic, 7.5 User score. 56% RT, 76% User score. A- CinemaScore. Any sort of metric measures it from below average to good.

I didn't stop because I was wrong, that's irrelevant to my point. I stopped because the point I was trying to make (Internet opinion on the film is wildly different from every other measure for some reason) is one that won't change the opinion of someone who didn't like the film. I brought up hyperbole to point out the radical difference in the reaction. So, yeah, maybe hyperbole is the wrong word. But the "Man of Steel is awful" opinion seems to be different from general opinion on the film. That was my point. I'm not telling anyone how they can or should feel. Doesn't matter to me whether you like it or not.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not so much grumpy as I am just trying to separate Internet opinion from popular opinion. Like I said, if people don't like something, that is their right. But, if you look around at really any of the review aggregators, MoS was not received nearly as poorly in a general sense as the reaction here would have you believe. 55 Metacritic, 7.5 User score. 56% RT, 76% User score. A- CinemaScore. Any sort of metric measures it from below average to good.

I didn't stop because I was wrong, that's irrelevant to my point. I stopped because the point I was trying to make (Internet opinion on the film is wildly different from every other measure for some reason) is one that won't change the opinion of someone who didn't like the film. I brought up hyperbole to point out the radical difference in the reaction. So, yeah, maybe hyperbole is the wrong word. But the "Man of Steel is awful" opinion seems to be different from general opinion on the film. That was my point. I'm not telling anyone how they can or should feel. Doesn't matter to me whether you like it or not.

This is a general internet thing, but I really wish people could accept that when someone type something out like "X sucks" or "X is awesome" or anything that is stated "like a fact", that means fact just to that person. IMO should be implied in all of those kind of statements. A lot of arguments online would immediately be squashed if people just pretended IMO was a part of the sentence.

It's the Internet. Everything is either terrible or the best thing ever. Just like how every guy in WWE who ever loses a match is being buried by the evil Vince McMahon.

DMczaf

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2cqfoc/til_brock_lesnar_only_lost_7_times_in_1_on_1/

Brock Lesnar only lost 7 times in 1 on 1 matches

Triple H: Wrestlemania 29
John Cena: Extreme Rules 2012
Goldberg: Wrestlemania 20
Eddie Guerrero: No Way Out 2004
Kurt Angle: Summerslam 2003
Kurt Angle: Smackdown March 11 (before Wrestlemania 19)
Big Show: Survivor Series 2002

tumblr_n9uz4tnOcM1tivkh4o1_r1_250.gif

DMczaf

Hopefully Ninja Scooter isn't lurking tonight.

LKUsZZ2.jpg

The health of former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger continues to deteriorate. Luger, 56, is now wheelchair-bound after being able to walk on his own in recent years (with assistance from a cane). The former WWE and WCW competitor appeared at the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Legends Fanfest in Charlotte, North Carolina, over the weekend and was confined to a wheelchair throughout the event. He also had to sign autographs with a pen stuck between his ring and pinky fingers.

Luger's health problems stem from a spinal stroke he suffered on October 19, 2007 that led to temporary paralysis. Nearly a month after his spinal stroke, Luger was still in a quadriplegic state, having no movement in either his arms or legs. In June 2008, Luger was said to be able to stand on his own for short periods of time and walk using a walker. In 2010, Luger stated in an interview that he was able to walk more comfortably, and able to drive again.

:(

9/11 Impact

* Samuel Shaw and Gunner vs. Bram and Magnus is up first. Gunner hurts his knee and Bram rolls him up for the win.

* Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim is next with the Knockouts Title on the line. They did a neckbreaker on the steel steps and Taryn hit a RKO. Kim wins and retains the title.

* After the match, Jessica Havok debuted and destroyed both Knockouts.

* Austin Aries calls Sanada and James Storm to the ring. Storm hypes Sanada and says he is reborn now. Storm says he will reboot Havok as well. Aries called Sanada a legendary asshole. Tajiri comes out for the save, he and Aries clear the ring.

* Rockstar Spud with Ethan Carter III vs. Rhino is next. Rhino wins with a Gore. Rhino hit a second Gore on Spud after the match and carried him away.

* Bobby Lashley defeated Samoa Joe with help from Kenny King.

* Mr. Anderson defeated Magnus with a Mic Check.

* MVP defeated Low Ki.

* The Hardys vs. Team 3D vs. The Wolves in a Tables Match in the main event is next. The Hardys win after a Swanton from the top through a table on the outside.

Christ, TNA,
you have a war hero and don't schedule him for the 9/11 episode of Impact, as cheap and low and carny as it would be?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Feel like TNA's roster changes every week. Someone's always gone, someone's returning, someone new who no one's ever heard of is randomly getting a push.

It's too much to keep up with.

Interesting. Has any other pro wrestler gotten a run like this?

Still don't understand why they fed him to Cena on his return.

Um, Bruno held the title for 9 years. Hogan held the belt for around five. Backlund held the belt for six. If they lost, it was by DQ, CO, or blood stoppage. That's not even getting into guys like Andre who went from territory to territory without losing, because ya' know, defeating him would kill his drawing power.

VoxPop

Um, Bruno held the title for 9 years. Hogan held the belt for around five. Backlund held the belt for six. If they lost, it was by DQ, CO, or blood stoppage. That's not even getting into guys like Andre who went from territory to territory without losing, because ya' know, defeating him would kill his drawing power.

Yeah well I know about those guys but a shit ton of those weren't even televised. I was talking more in the line of top guys in the modern era like (rock,scsa,hhh,angle,etc). They have all surely been pinned more than 7 times. Maybe Goldberg?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would love to watch an interview of american wrestlers in japan. About working so stiff and calling spots, the language barrier and whatnot.

"yeah man, when you work here, being slapped or kicked like a bitch by guys like Suzuki and Shibata comes with the territory, its cool." o_O

I would love to watch an interview of american wrestlers in japan. About working so stiff and calling spots, the language barrier and whatnot.

"yeah man, when you work here, being slapped or kicked like a bitch by guys like Suzuki and Shibata comes with the territory, its cool." o_O

AJ Styles has done interviews recently saying he loves Japan and the promotion so much that he's willing to move out there and spend the rest of his career there.

VoxPop

I also remember when Cena finally started blowing up and they tried to put him over as a legit contender. They put him in a match with Brock for the strap in which he was a huge underdog (lol) but put on a decent outing. I think this was shortly before Cena beat Big Show at Mania for the US title I think. Its all very foggy.

I still laugh at the notion that they tried to put Hardcore Holly as a legit threat to Brock back then.

Brock imo still owns the greatest debut in wwe history. Those triple powerbombs were epic and the first time seeing a F5 was something else.

Toki767

I watched the Paul Heyman documentary. It was pretty cool.

Feels weird that they got Bray Wyatt to talk about him though.

I watched the Paul Heyman documentary. It was pretty cool.

Feels weird that they got Bray Wyatt to talk about him though.

Yeah, I did a double take when he came on there. But that's just how they do things now. Hell, even Taker is doing interviews for the WM Rewind stuff.

Hasney

One thing I noticed when I was watching some WCW PPVs on the WWE Network™ ($9.99) were how terrible those PPV intros were. One of the Halloween Havoc ones were especially atrocious.

Also, when they bothered to do recap videos, they were awful.

Can't remember if it was Bischoff or Russo who said it, but basically, they were stuck with whoever wasn't doing something else on Turner sports. They had NBA somewhere on the same night? They had the D squad production team.

from PWG Facebook Page:

Due to injuries, AR Fox and Trent? will not be able to participate in the 2014 Battle of Los Angeles. Bobby Fish will make his PWG debut to take on Brian Cage on Night One and Candice LeRae makes her Battle of Los Angeles debut as she takes on Rich Swann on Night Two!

I say that is an upgrade.

Same here! I like Trent, but both Candice and Bobby are more exciting entrants for me, personally. Here's the full card for the first two nights;

Night 1 - August 29

Young Bucks & Adam Cole vs. Men of Low Moral Fiber & Zack Sabre, Jr.

Bad Influence vs. Inner City Machine Guns vs. World's Cutest Tag Team

BOLA Matches
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Drew Gulak
Bobby Fish vs. Brian Cage
Biff Busick vs. Roderick Strong
Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Trevor Lee vs. Cedric Alexander
AJ Styles vs. Brian Meyers (Curt Hawkins)

Night 2 - August 30

Young Bucks vs. Bad Influence

Unbreakable F'N Machines vs. Drew Gulak & Biff Busick

BOLA Matches
ACH vs. Kenny Omega
Adam Cole vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
Rich Swann vs. Candice LeRae
Chuck Taylor vs. Johnny Gargano
Chris Hero vs. Matt Sydal
Chris Sabin vs. Ricochet

That 6 man tag on night 1, hot damn!

Vylash

Tonight's NXT matches:

NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament match: Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan

Xavier Woods vs CJ Parker

Bayley vs Eva Marie

Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel vs Sami Zayn and Adam Rose

Xater

Tonight's NXT matches:

NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament match: Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan

Xavier Woods vs CJ Parker

Bayley vs Eva Marie

Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel vs Sami Zayn and Adam Rose

So half of the show can be skipped. Fucking hell Eva in a singles against Bayley will be such a train wreck.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder...

Seriously though guys, the crowd brought her near to tears. Which the fine students of Full Sail definitely wouldn't have cut out, so it will be the GOAT NXT segment.

Top Bottom