• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

VoxPop

to get an idea of nakamura's reception when he reaches the main roster, I showed his entrance on the last nxt show to my cousin. i'd call him an average, casual fan. lapsed from the attitude era, he still manages to watch rumble, mania and summer slam. if something big happens on another show, he'll seek it out or hear about it via social media. likes john cena and roman reigns because they're jacked and look like bad asses.

his thoughts on nakamura:

-"this chinese guy is the best wrestler?"
-"what the fuck is he doing with his hands? is he having a seizure?"
-"what's wrong with his face?"
-"anth i don't even need to watch his match, this guy is horrible. how could you like him?"

curious if he gets over on the main roster. I have a feeling the first time he tries to cut a promo the crowd is going to laugh because "lol broken english ahuehuehue"

He's most certainly not going to draw. He's only big on NXT because the only ones who watch it are iwc smarks. He'll definitely be given a decent push though until WWE realizes hes getting no reactions and he's just turned into a slightly better Kenzo Suzuki.

I really don't see the appeal and it will be even worse for casuals.

He's most certainly not going to draw. He's only big on NXT because the only ones who watch it are iwc smarks. He'll definitely be given a decent push though until WWE realizes hes getting no reactions and he's just turned into a slightly better Kenzo Suzuki.

Lotta cold, hard truth in this post.

RBH

Revenge 4 4 4 Life

tumblr_n0xc7w8OKO1s3uawvo1_500.gif

Ok, but what if I told you that commentary will tell the viewers at home that Nakamura is a *megastar* every 3 minutes that he's on screen

EDIT: Alright, every 2 minutes

Finn Balor's demon king entrance even got a brief "holy shit" chant in Corpus Christi.

I don't know who you think is watching and going to Raw these days, but they're closer to IWC smarks than casuals. It'll be even more slanted that way when football starts.

Kusagari

IWC hardasses one year ago: Balor's demon gimmick will never get over on the main roster. Casuals will think he looks like a loser at comic con.

So I never understood something, why did they make Luger win by countout? Did they not think he was ready for the belt yet or something?

I find that hard to believe considering how much they were pushing him.
They were pushing him too fast so Vince decided to ssve the moment for Mania. Little did he know is that not giving Luger the belt then, killed everything he had going.

Tagyhag

They were pushing him too fast so Vince decided to ssve the moment for Mania. Little did he know is that not giving Luger the belt then, killed everything he had going.

I'm amazed Vince had the foresight to hold back. Wonder if seeing what happened to Luger is why he kept pushing Roman no matter what.

I'm amazed Vince had the foresight to hold back. Wonder if seeing what happened to Luger is why he kept pushing Roman no matter what.
Nah that was what he did for Diesel. It's funny because both times Bret and others told Vince he was pushing them too hard and they weren't ready.

Then they could've have Luger his heat back if he was the real sell out instead of Tatanka even though Tatanka being the heel was an excellent moment. But fuck giggolo Jimmy del rey

So I never understood something, why did they make Luger win by countout? Did they not think he was ready for the belt yet or something?

I find that hard to believe considering how much they were pushing him.
Wasn't like the entire roster threatening to quit or something if Luger won the actual belt?

I think Vince said somewhere that he regretted cooling off on his push for the Model Rick Montel. So I figured he didn't want to make that same mistake twice so he strapped rockets to Roman.

To be fair though, the combination of Luger being built as a Hogan clone and the steroid trial was going to kill Luger anyway.

edit: lol I'm watching Yoko/Luger at Summerslam right now and Luger just kicked the rope into Yoko's crotch. What an asshole! Combined with his metal forearm and Luger is basically cheating scum.

To be fair though, the combination of Luger being built as a Hogan clone and the steroid trial was going to kill Luger anyway.
If they let Luger just have something other than that stupid ass fuck face American pride gimmick, he would've had some longevity. People were sick of that real American bullshit, that's why they were ready for him to fuck off.

The appeal is that he's about the most charismatic wrestler on the planet, has a character that he completely embodies in and out of the ring (including the underappreciated aspect that he dresses and acts like he's the most gorgeous man on the planet whilst being an ugly son of a bitch), and has great money matches where he makes whoever he's wrestling with look like a million bucks. The late strobogo rightly praised his match with Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 9 as match of the generation, and while Ibushi rose to the occasion of wrestling like a grumpy old man who wasn't having Nakamura's shit, it's Nakamura that was driving the bus on that one.

He can be a lazy son of a bitch, but Nakamura is THE wrestler on the planet, right now. He's the total package in every way, save maybe that he's a little too skinny.

If they let Luger just have something other than that stupid ass fuck face American pride gimmick, he would've had some longevity. People were sick of that real American bullshit, that's why they were ready for him to fuck off.
Just finished the match and he and the crowd are acting like Luger won the title. AND the camera just cut to this sign

There's nothing more carny than American pride.

Tagyhag

Just finished the match and he and the crowd are acting like Luger won the title. AND the camera just cut to this sign

Yep, you could be the most over guy in the history of wrestling, but even just say "You know guys, America might not be the greatest country in the world" and they'll have permanent heel heat.

Apoc87

Banned
to get an idea of nakamura's reception when he reaches the main roster, I showed his entrance on the last nxt show to my cousin. i'd call him an average, casual fan. lapsed from the attitude era, he still manages to watch rumble, mania and summer slam. if something big happens on another show, he'll seek it out or hear about it via social media. likes john cena and roman reigns because they're jacked and look like bad asses.

-"anth i don't even need to watch his match, this guy is horrible. how could you like him?"

curious if he gets over on the main roster. I have a feeling the first time he tries to cut a promo the crowd is going to laugh because "lol broken english ahuehuehue"

Nah, he will be over with the casual fans even when cutting promos (i dont think they will force him to promo because of broken english) but vince will just job him out to someone like the big show and the fans will finally just give up on him

The worst characters ever are American pride characters. It's the go to gimmick, also foreigner heel. Muhammad Hassan is probably the goat simply because he was so extreme he had to be canned.

Ninja Scooter will be your best friend Fo Eva..lol

I feel like drinking a Jolt Cola
Scooter likes Lakers so he's a bro fo fo fo fo lyfe!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
How sad is it when AJ Styles has to address a locker room of...Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Erick Rowan, Rhyno and Dolph Ziggler?

SmackDown is AJ Styles and a bunch of geeks.

I think its more sad knowing the cena and AJ feud should be over, but after AJ wins the belt you know Cena coming back to get that win and title, shit is depressing.

gun_haver

I think its more sad knowing the cena and AJ feud should be over, but after AJ wins the belt you know Cena coming back to get that win and title, shit is depressing.

Cena hasn't been champ in years and he's on his way out. I think it sounds good. But then, I wasn't around for his years on top and I just want to see that be the way it is. I think also, if/when he becomes champ again, we'll get some good matches out of it.

Menome

I'm quite happy that in the space of a year Tye Dillinger has gone from "Who is this goober" to someone that I'd be okay seeing the NXT belt on, even though he's not one of my favourites.

Also, how darn short is Ember Moon? She's almost at BronsonLee levels.

Pikma

Banned
Ember Moon looks like enough of a geek to be able to blend in with the four horsewomen, I'm not sure if that's a compliment tho

I'm quite happy that in the space of a year Tye Dillinger has gone from "Who is this goober" to someone that I'd be okay seeing the NXT belt on, even though he's not one of my favourites.

Also, how darn short is Ember Moon? She's almost at BronsonLee levels.

Ember Moon looks like enough of a geek to be able to blend in with the four horsewomen, I'm not sure if that's a compliment tho
Short and cute, just like me. 😀

And I'll still roll up on anyone talking reckless!

orioto

Good Art™

I agree.
What they have to do is letting speak badass japanese, and act all heel like he's a mega foreign star and despises dabulu dabulu ii, and have Heyman to be his manager. Then be super fierce and break jaws on the ring. Let him have a long run like that, be treated like a star like AJ. It'll be ok after that.

Top Bottom