• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

imBask

Banned
here's the plan. 3h RAW is just as boring as usual, filled with bad filler matches and ends with Reigns winning OR Reigns getting screwed leading to a Reigns main event feud

klonere

Banned
Couldn't give less of a shit about Goldberg in 2016, wasn't around at all for his peak but he will definitely do good business for them if even marginally handled right.

They should do Reigns/Goldberg in India and see what the biggest stadium they can sell out is.

Menome

There's a train coming, if you pull the lever, Matt Striker survives and will call every wrestling match you ever watch. If you don't, Cole with Vince in his ear will call every wrestling match you ever watch. What do you do?

Surely the only correct answer is to throw yourself in front of the train instead.

bjork

Couldn't give less of a shit about Goldberg in 2016, wasn't around at all for his peak but he will definitely do good business for them if even marginally handled right.

They should do Reigns/Goldberg in India and see what the biggest stadium they can sell out is.

I would honestly be surprised if we don't get Brock/Goldberg II.

Raw64life

With the right opponent I think Goldberg could have a good match.

He was a full time wrestler for all of 6-7 years, so his body is not anywhere near as badly beaten up as most wrestlers his age.

Rollins would probably be the best opponent for him. Could sell his ass off for him, and since it would be a one-shot deal Goldberg doesn't have to worry about his career being ended if he's gonna retire afterwards anyway.

DMczaf

He was a full time wrestler for all of 6-7 years, so his body is not anywhere near as badly beaten up as most wrestlers his age.

I would pay money to watch Goldberg have minute long jobber matches on Raw each week

I don't need or want to watch him have a legit match, I want spear and jackhammer and security

jmdajr

I don't even know if he did house shows. Plus, his matches were like 5 minutes long.

edit: Funny how 2k games builds bridges. Warrior. Sting. Goldberg.

Punk already had his cover though.

Brock is in complete Check Out mode now too.

We may get an exact replica of Brock v Goldberg I 😂
He still has a while year left though doesn't he? Shit, Vince is going to make sure to give Brock his win over Goldberg this time, then induct him in the HoF next year.

R65tIc.gif

I think we'll get Seth v Goldberg eventually so Vince can have his ticking time bomb of doom take out another wCw legend and make Zach cry.

Anth0ny

this is how you book goldberg:

-he shows up every week on raw and smackdown, fucking destroying everyone in his path in two minute matches

-he defeats everyone on the roster, clean. don't worry, wins and losses don't matter. also, you're losing to goldberg. if anything, you come out of that match stronger than ever.

-there is one man left standing by the end of goldberg's 56-0 streak since returning. the universal champion...

giphy.gif

-goldberg destroys him at mania to a thunderous ovation. what a moment!

the next night, goldberg retires. he has done everything he's set out to do. there will be a tournament to decide the vacant universal champion.

AND THEN SAMOA JOE ASSAULTS HIM FROM BEHIND AND POWERBOMBS HIM ONTO THE RING APRON BAH GAWD. THAT'S THE RUB, BROTHERS.

Aiii

So not worth it
People hating on Goldberg need their teeth kicked in. The greatest return of the last 15 years is upon us. One of the biggest wrestling superstars of all time is returning for one last run and people are complaining.

You are the worst. THE WORST. Foight me.

imBask

Banned
People hating on Goldberg need their teeth kicked in. The greatest return of the last 15 years is upon us. One of the biggest wrestling superstars of all time is returning for one last run and people are complaining.

Usually, this is the eye opener for Goldberg's fans : describe Goldberg's gimmick for me please

klonere

Banned

why should I care about an old, completely out of shape combination of Reigns and Ryback who can't talk?

he's gonna come in, do his shitty aged shtick make a ton of money (for the company as well) and leave. Sounds boring.

jmdajr

I'd imagine the biggest hurdle in getting Goldberg to sign is getting him to agree to lose to somebody.

Goldberg is not coming back to put people over brother! Plus, you want him to put over Reigns? Think!

edit: Goldberg is just like a worked shoot version of Ultimate Warrior.

Zach

Surely the only correct answer is to throw yourself in front of the train instead.
Oh yeah, Menome (and I think NVM), I realized halfway through Resident Evil that I could use the traditional tank controls with the d-pad even with the new analog controls. So my preferred way to play was use the d-pad controls while exploring/running around, but then hop on over to that stick when fighting a threatening baddie that demanded a more nimble Jill. It worked out quite well for me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Usually, this is the eye opener for Goldberg's fans : describe Goldberg's gimmick for me please

Goldberg's gimmick is being the guy that squashes everyone else. I guess I'm supposed to realise this is a bad thing now, but alas, it's what makes Goldberg great.

Come in, 5 minute entrance and then 3 minutes and a spear + jackhammer later, walk out.

Maybe shout "who's next" or "you're next" at someone.

imBask

Banned
Goldberg's gimmick is being the guy that squashes everyone else. I guess I'm supposed to realise this is a bad thing now, but alas, it's what makes Goldberg great..

It was a great gimmick until he lost to Nash, after that he became irrelevant and still is to this day brother

Kaladin

I was placed on the injured reserved list for the past week with a bruised tailbone. It hurt like a bastard at first and still hurts but is quite manageable now with Alleve. Seems like this place picked up some steam while I was gone with an OT2.

I still made it to the quarter finals of the CWC on Friday night and holy shit that was an awesome night of action. The best technical wrestling I have seen live in a long time. Every quarter final match went somewhere between 15 - 20 min and aside from the questionable call in the last match it was all amazing. Even the dark matches were fun and it was nice to see the Bollywood Boyz in action.
Brian Kendrick
got one of the biggest standing ovations at the end of the night. Can't wait to see the semis and finals live in September.

bjork

All I know is that Goldberg was more entertaining than The Undertaker and Triple H.

Not riding pants HHH with the good hair and music. I'd even say up til WM14, because once he's officially homies with Road Dogg, sorry HHH.

Not the original undertaker who died at the 94 royal rumble.

I was placed on the injured reserved list for the past week with a bruised tailbone. It hurt like a bastard at first and still hurts but is quite manageable now with Alleve. Seems like this place picked up some steam while I was gone with an OT2.

I still made it to the quarter finals of the CWC on Friday night and holy shit that was an awesome night of action. The best technical wrestling I have seen live in a long time. Every quarter final match went somewhere between 15 - 20 min and aside from the questionable call in the last match it was all amazing. Even the dark matches were fun and it was nice to see the Bollywood Boyz in action.
Brian Kendrick
got one of the biggest standing ovations at the end of the night. Can't wait to see the semis and finals live in September.
You know I was thinking about you last night, hadn't seen you in a few days.

Aiii

So not worth it
It was a great gimmick until he lost to Nash, after that he became irrelevant and still is to this day brother

I'd say his irrelevance isn't just because of Nash, but the refusal of the company to put the belt back on him, as well as trying to change his gimmick (and even his themesong to Megadeth).

Similarly, his WWE run should have been another streak. Just have him come in and destroy WWE after WWE guy until finally challenging for the title at Mania, would have made him way better.

Lothar

Banned
I hope they made Goldberg agree to lose to Jericho.

The only good thing to come out of Goldberg's wrestling career was Jericho making fun of him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There were a multitude of things that went wrong with Goldberg, the biggest one being when he punched that window out and got sidelined. All the steam he had built up dissipated there.

imBask

Banned
He was a better booked persona than Brock. Seeing Goldberg partake in a match longer than 5 mins in WCW was a rarity and they booked him well enough to not only make him believable, but exciting. As far as squash matches go, he personifies the best of the best in those types of matches.

WWE did a brilliant job, in my view, of showing a different type of match out of Goldberg. They were drawn out, well paced, and showed that an aging Goldberg could no longer squash as hard and as fast as he used to.

So the problem i foresee now is how do you make Goldberg believable today. Which is why i feel he needs a new presentation and persona than the two runs that came before. I'm thinking something drastically different that gets people just as excited to see him as they were twenty years ago. its rare that creative can pull a feat like this but possible. Undertaker, HHH, Matt Hardy are some who come to mind who have completely reinvented their characters.

That's an answer I can respect, eventhough I disagree with the WWE part. From what i've seen from his WCW run it was fine and well executed, but after that he was done and I wouldn't want to see him come back and have horrible matches against other part-timers when they already have a hard time giving TV time to actual talents

Top Bottom