• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Who do you sacrifice to Goldberg to make him believable for one or two PPVs?
Finn
Roman
HHH
Kane
Cass and Enzo 2 on 1
Cesaro
Sheamus, Swagger, Titus, 3 on 1

jmdajr

Goldberg doesn't care enough about wrestling to reinvent himself.

He might like it more than Brock ever did (maybe), but He's just in it for the greatest hits tour.

I'd imagine the biggest hurdle in getting Goldberg to sign is getting him to agree to lose to somebody.
Nah, he's been fine with that for years. His kid really wants to see him do one last run, and he's mellowed out over the years. He just wants to be paid decent for it, which is why it's taken so long

Aiii

So not worth it

He might like it more than Brock ever did (maybe), but He's just in it for the greatest hits tour.

I think he mostly wanted one last run so his kids could watch him wrestle live at least once, since they weren't around for his original run.

Greatest hits is pretty much Nak in NXT(besides maybe the Sami match) rn, and I'm sure he loves wrestling. If you can do greatest hits and marks eat it up, more power to ya.

Barrage

Pfft. Goldberg never loved wrestling.

Brock in 2012 showed more passion than Goldberg ever did.

That said...sure, bring him back. Just have him put someone over on the way out.

jmdajr

I think he mostly wanted one last run so his kids could watch him wrestle live at least once, since they weren't around for his original run.

I've got no issue with that. Granted someone is going to have to go down for it all to happen.
Some of our favs might get sqaushed!

Aiii

So not worth it
I've got no issue with that. Granted someone is going to have to go down for it all to happen.
Some of our favs might get sqaushed!

And they'd probably mark out harder than any of us for it, too. It's all good.

Maybe he can teach Reigns how to properly do a spear, while he's at it.

klonere

Banned
Who do you sacrifice to Goldberg to make him believable for one or two PPVs?
Finn
Roman
HHH
Kane
Cass and Enzo 2 on 1
Cesaro
Sheamus, Swagger, Titus, 3 on 1

Here's how it goes down.

JeriKO (same Raw, handicap)
Video package/Satellite interview week
Seth w/ Hunter in his corner
Contract signing with HHH, spears him

PPV1
HHH (no contest after HHH hits him with the sledgehammer)

HHH (screwy as fuck finish but Goldberg gets the 123)
Heyman shows up
Rusev
Contract signing, repeat the Taker/Brock pull apart

PPV2
Brock wins.

And he was never seen or heard from again!

jmdajr

Pfft. Goldberg never loved wrestling.

Brock in 2012 showed more passion than Goldberg ever did.

That said...sure, bring him back. Just have him put someone over on the way out.

Who hates pro wrestling more? Brock or Goldberg!

I think they both enjoyed trying to make it as un pro wrestling like as possible.

Brock for sure had more funny moments. Milk drinking, Mariachis, Kicking Cena's hat, Godzilla scream, "It brings a tear to my eye.", Undertaker mocking, "Let's doooooooo this (voice cracking)"

Heroman

Banned
Damn , Kenny is going on blast
Cq_2v4XWEAA0jNW.jpg
Also Golberg sucks.

Striker

Reason he left before was the raunchy mantra of boobs, dick jokes, etc. Oddly enough, that's what Batista liked more than the final years of his career where it became PG.

edit: how is Heroman saying x WCW wrestler sucks if he never watched it.

Happy? Mad? Agree? Disagree?
More or less accurate, yeah. Both guys bled charisma and were over very quickly. If used right, that means no matches over 12 mins, they can be extremely effective.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
???

It's @reasonjp translating Japanese interviews from Gong/Tokyo Sports/NJPW themselves. It's nothing official, just for twitter only.
Weird, found this one of Paul Bearer shooting
JJ7usi1.jpg

Only time I got hyped for a Warrior promo/segment is when he got shooked by Taker. And maybe when he went on Regis and Kathie and also made Regis shit in his pants.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ah yes, the author of a book on NJPW, endorsed by Kenny and numerous others would definitely just put bullshit out there.
Go figure. What a fraud.

The joke is that Paul Bearer died before these things were adopted by the mainstream

So a couple of college friends and I always do a little group chat/commentary while watching Raw. This week, we're testing out Smackdown instead.

Are we making the right decision?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So a couple of college friends and I always do a little group chat/commentary while watching Raw. This week, we're testing out Smackdown instead.

Smackdown is the better show, so you'll enjoy it more.

I do wonder what kind of parent Goldberg is like given he admitted his nine year old son has to do like 200 push-ups and sit-ups just to get twenty minutes on a video game.

klonere

Banned

For sure, and if you can still stick around for the 3 hours, watch Talking Smack which is excellent, even without Miz once in a lifetime promos.

Cagey

Banned
Usually, this is the eye opener for Goldberg's fans : describe Goldberg's gimmick for me please
Goldberg hate? Gah. You fucking nerds.

He's jacked and has huge traps and doesn't talk and headbutts walls and inhales fireworks and people chant his name like he's a legendary demigod gladiator while his opponent realizes death is approaching and then he spears people dead and jackhammers the corpse and the end.

Professional wrestling as sports entertainment doesn't get better than this.

Goldberg v. Seth in the American History X grudge match. Let's go.

With wwe doing 20 ppv's they have to bring Halloween havoc and starcade back right?

Need to run the Greensboro Colesium and get Schivonne back. Maybe Bob Caudle

imBask

Banned
He's jacked and has huge traps and doesn't talk and headbutts walls and inhales fireworks and people chant his name like he's a legendary demigod gladiator while his opponent realizes death is approaching and then he spears people dead

reminds me of someone

image.php

Kaladin

Is there anything new behind this Goldberg talk or is it still just because he's done promotion for appearing in a video game?

Is Goldberg even in shape to return to wrestling for a couple of matches?

DMczaf

Is there anything new behind this Goldberg talk or is it still just because he's done promotion for appearing in a video game?

TMZ is reporting it. Which means WWE fed them the story

It's real. It's a shoot

Aiii

So not worth it

When TMZ leaks an exclusive, it's a controlled leak and it's happening. So yes, he's back.

Top Bottom