• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

So Bayley on RAW? Damn... Smackdown is the better show, but, God damn, RAW's roster is ridiculous.
Yeah, Raw's roster on paper is much better than Smackdown's. But Smackdown has done a good-enough job making its' roster look good in the past few weeks. Sure the Ziggler vs Ambrose match turned out to be shit, but the build-up towards the whole thing was great.

Cagey

Banned
Two weeks keeps it fun, that works.
And people wanted him to be a main-eventer, lmao
Main eventer was nuts but I do like Titus.

I didn't feel good watching a man kill his own career before my eyes to thunderous indifference from a sold out crowd.

A suicide happened in front of 16,000 and no one intervened!

Ithil

Initially people were down on the SD women's roster, but even with Bayley up now RAW's is actually looking near deserted.

Tagyhag

Enzo would be a manager if WWE actually still gave a shit about managers.

They have Heyman because Brock basically goes "fuck it, I'm not talking" and Lana and Maryse, and Bob Backlund for some reason. But aside from Heyman, most of them are more on the valet side than the manager side. An argument could be made for Lana, I guess.

Enzo has the right of it, he's best off staying a wrestler, as a manager he'd have no future in WWE at all.

It's funny going back to old Wrestlemanias and seeing Jimmy Hart come out on half the matches.

I wonder how they even juggled that on the TV shows.

Browny

Banned
So what avatar are the losers getting?

Can I suggest one of the following (adjusted for size)?

hqdefault.jpg

kVekxl3.png

E8vi8AA.jpg

a8kFAfX.jpg

impirius

Is this a Chris Kanyon appreciation thread now? OK, cool

1a. Positively Kanyon handing out Kanyon Kutters to random WCW staff
1b. Rich Kid Raven's sidekick Kanyon
1c. Innovator of Offense Kanyon
1d. Mortis (in WCW/nWo Revenge)
1e. Champagne Chris Kanyon
1f. Jersey Triad Kanyon
1g. Mortis (real life)
1h. Raven's Nest Kanyon
2. WWE Kanyon

Caderfix

Initially people were down on the SD women's roster, but even with Bayley up now RAW's is actually looking near deserted.

Smackdown only has two real competitors (Becky and Natalya), two that are not ready yet (Alexa and Naomi) and three that are not good (Eva, Carmella and Nikki).

I hope Asuka goes to RAW so there'll be three credible options.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

1f. Jersey Triad Kanyon
1g. Mortis (real life)
1h. Raven's Nest Kanyon
2. WWE Kanyon

You need to post more. This is an A+ post.

Ithil

Smackdown only has two real competitors (Becky and Natalya), two that are not ready yet (Alexa and Naomi) and three that are not good (Eva, Carmella and Nikki).

Hey I didn't say the SD roster was good, just that there is more or less no one on RAW's. Right now it's Bayley, Charlotte, Dana, and who, Summer and Alicia?

Caderfix

Hey I didn't say the SD roster was good, just that there is more or less no one on RAW's. Right now it's Bayley, Charlotte, Dana, and who, Summer and Alicia?

Sasha will be back, so they have three of the 4 horsewomen. If nothing else, they can keep fighting each other or squashing the rest. Now with SD Natty and Becky will fight legit, the rest will be smoke and mirrors.

I think Nikki is fine, personally. But I understand why a lot of people don't like her. Odds are we get her vs Becky to crown the first Smackdown women's champion, which I think could be a fine match and certainly would be better than Becky vs Natalya Round 500.

Sounds like Raw was crap then. If there's a silver lining for Finn, it's that Vince can't drive "DEMON KING DEMON KING DEMON KING' into the ground before the next PPV.

Vince right now is no doubt feeling vindicated about his idea that smaller men are fragile (even ripped ones like Balor) and chomping at the bit to get the belt back on Reigns.

Hoping AJ takes the title off of waste of space Ambrose asap and holds it until Mania where he rematches Cena (there's no way Vince will hold this back until then, but I can dream).

Can't wait for the long awaited pay per view Lesnar Vs Shane match /s.

Zabka

Brock Lesnar. The Andy Kaufman of MMA

John Cena's character in trainwreck = Dolph Ziggler (who dated Amy Shumer )

I'm really referring more to his use of uncomfortable romantic overtures to threaten men. I don't remember his character being a wrestler/comedian either.

Cagey

Banned
Sounds like Raw was crap then. If there's a silver lining for Finn, it's that Vince can't drive "DEMON KING DEMON KING DEMON KING' into the ground before the next PPV.

Vince right now is no doubt feeling vindicated about his idea that smaller men are fragile (even ripped ones like Balor) and chomping at the bit to get the belt back on Reigns.

Hoping AJ takes the title off of waste of space Ambrose asap and holds it until Mania where he rematches Cena (there's no way Vince will hold this back until then, but I can dream).

Can't wait for the long awaited pay per view Lesnar Vs Shane match /s.
Vince McMahon as the Boogeyman jokes fall flat when they contradict reality.

He made Finn Balor, the Demon King champion three weeks after his TV debut. Why is the Vince McMahon of Smark Nightmares suddenly feeling vindicated and chomping at the bit to make Roman champ again because of Finn's stature when Vince is the reason he became champion so quickly?

Basic logic deconstructs these narratives.

jmdajr

Reigns and Rollins should both be on Vince's shit list. I bet he's dying to put the belt on Cass but can't quite pull the trigger.

KO is the only logical choice. Outside not having a six pack, he can do anything and is pretty durable (so far).

Become champ, and troll the fuck out of everyone with Jericho along for the ride.

makes sense!
who knows wtf is gonna happen

Kurita

Haven't watched RAW yet but finished Summerslam. It was alright, I expected a bit more I guess but hey. New Day retaining via DQ was anticlimatic to say the least.

Haven't watched Lesnar vs Orton though cause fuck'em. How was it? Orton is hurt apparently?

jmdajr

Haven't watched RAW yet but finished Summerslam. It was alright, I expected a bit more I guess but hey. New Day retaining via DQ was anticlimatic to say the least.

Haven't watched Lesnar vs Orton though cause fuck'em. How was it? Orton is hurt apparently?

So conflicting reports. The end of Randy knocked out was part of the plan, but the blood and how much supposedly not. I mean, it's not like you can control that.

I'll be sure to listen to Talk is Trollicho tomorrow.

All of you jabronis need to know your role and shut your mouths! Next week we shall return to this page to pay respect to me and the new champion Kevin Owen's.

bjork

September |OT| bjork's birthday on the 8th, party all month

Anyway, saw Alexa on the cover for some fitness magazine. They need an alternate cover where she's choking someone and making that angry face, just for me.

Barrage

I like KO, I think hes great, but hes A) not over enough and B) hasn't been booked strong enough to win the title right now. For the sake of Owens career, trust me, youd rather he get a concerted push when he wins his first title rather than a panic reign based on an injury.

Put it on Rollins (even though people are "sick of him" while hes been back for two months...)

slabrock

Banned

1f. Jersey Triad Kanyon
1g. Mortis (real life)
1h. Raven's Nest Kanyon
2. WWE Kanyon

When I see Champagne Kanyon all I can think of is Juventud calling him Shampoo Kanyon,

Given how much they kept talking about Balor all night and how they pushed that he was tough and inspiring for winning the match even with the injury, I think they are still really high on him and want him to be a top guy. Hell, they even did the standard "talk about the top guy over the match in the ring" thing for him for half of the Seth vs. Sami match.

Rumours of the day

WWE is working toward a Shane McMahon vs. Brock Lesnar match, probably for next year’s Royal Rumble.

Roman Reigns is the early frontrunner to win next week’s Fatal 4Way and become the second Universal champion.

There were discussions about turning Bubba Ray heel for a "Bully Ray" run, but it was decided too much time had passed to really capitalize on the work he’d done with it in TNA.

The first five members of Raw’s new cruiserweight division will be Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, Noam Dar, Rich Swann & Cedric Alexander.

Tommy End and Crazy Mary Dobson are expected to report to the Performance Center in Sept. There’s multiple reports the "Sanity" teaser which aired during TakeOver: Brooklyn II is for Dobson, who would be relaunched from her previous appearances as enhancement talent.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8...-roman-reigns-wwe-universal-title-winner-more

Tom Nook

The Universal Lord Zedd champion will be determine by a 4-way match between Big Cass, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins.

Too early for Cass. Enzo might come and help but it's not enough. Owens might be close but I'm not seeing him as champion yet, Jericho might interfere causing a distraction. Same with Roman, Rusev also might be involve in this match. The match is a giant fuck finish.
Seth Wins by pinning Roman.

jmdajr

The Universal Lord Zedd champion will be determine by a 4-way match between Big Cass, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins.

Too early for Cass. Enzo might come and help but it's not enough. Owens might be close but I'm not seeing him as champion yet, Jericho might interfere causing a distraction. Same with Roman, Rusev also might be involve in this match. The match is a giant fuck finish.

I have no doubt that Enzo, TRollicho, and RuRu all get involved.
It's gonna be great!

S. O. S

Same
Ole
Shitttttt

Bowser

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/767933297166913536

Cesaro really going for that shoot gimmick. Just give him a title match already to stop these interviews.

This will never happen because the WWE writers are fucking dumb, but why don't they just have Cesaro show up on SD and wreck shit anyway? Or just come out and challenge Ambrose to a title match?

I mean I know why, but humor me for a bit. Even in kayfabe terms it works. What are Mick and Steph gonna do, fire him? Shane and Bryan would snap him up. Suspend him? They don't have any authority over what goes on in SD, so whoopdee do. Ambrose is supposed to be a cocky guy who doesn't back down from any challenge, so he'd likely relish the opportunity to belittle Cesaro's claims of being held back just like he did to Ziggler.

Honestly, I don't know why they stuck Cesaro on Raw given the dearth of quality main event talent on SD. Cesaro might not be main event level yet, but at least throw him on SD and give him the chance to sink or swim rather than shove him down the card in a meaningless fued that couldn't even get more than a 2 min backstage segment on a fucking 3 hour show.

Top Bottom