• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Mahonay

Banned
It's been amazing to see Jericho morph into this legend ever since the confrontation Monday Sunday night. Like, if they were smart they'd make a real feud out of this, make it where Jericho actually takes the fight to Brock and gets him in a chokehold or something. He eventually gets destroyed by Brock but Owens comes in for the save and gives Brock a massive pop-up powerbomb.

Brock vs Owens at WM33.

cordy

Banned
Carny old man thought Brock was shooting.

Mr Perfect almost killed an entire plane full of people to have a go at Brock.
Damn right. I can imagine a few people getting riled up by that match, and Brock's attitude only compounds it. Fuck Brock. I'd rather they spent the $8million or so on another couple of trainers and people at the Performance Centre instead.

Yeah apparently the boys in the back like Jericho even more now because of it. Jericho's just that dude.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We need some Power of Positivity in here:

• I still love Enzo & Cass. Maybe Cass isn't ready for a proper singles run yet, but fuck it, let's see what he can do.
  • BAYLEY, muddy-funsters.
  • Rooting for Owens next week. It's not going to happen, but damn it, a man can dream.

Of course going by the Curse of Menome, all of these people will be dead or hospitalised by November.
Thanks Menome! Your Curses are always entertaining and serve to ruin things.

Mahonay

Banned
I can't believe they won't change Cesaro's "Rammstein's earliest discarded riffs during album creation" theme song even though they've gone all Bond for his presentation.
You can't get CFO$ to write a Bond-type theme song?

There's a lot of Bond parody songs out there, it's a pretty easy thing to copy.
The theme song at this point almost feels like it purposely exists to help make sure he never quite gets over that hump. It's so bad and impossible to pop to. It's crazy that it remained unchanged after he came back from the injury.

bjork

Brock excelled in college, and he was a nice guy to Shelton. That's about all I can think of that I can appreciate about him. I remember saying shit on him when he walked back after WMXX and people here were like "but he's following his football dreams bjork, don't be a negative nancy" and whatnot. I appreciate seeing someone get suplexed every now and again, but I've never been a big Brock dude. He seems like a dumb meathead that's got good people around him. Except his old lady, she's not good people. Jim Cornette said so.

Anth0ny

It's been amazing to see Jericho morph into this legend ever since the confrontation Monday night. Like, if they were smart they'd make a real feud out of this, make it where Jericho actually takes the fight to Brock and gets him in a chokehold or something. He eventually gets destroyed by Brock but Owens comes in for the save and gives Brock a massive pop-up powerbomb.

Brock vs Owens at WM33.

mahonay pls

MAHONAY PLS

Mahonay

Banned
mahonay pls

MAHONAY PLS
Kevin Owens. Combat sports expert.

Brock excelled in college, and he was a nice guy to Shelton. That's about all I can think of that I can appreciate about him. I remember saying shit on him when he walked back after WMXX and people here were like "but he's following his football dreams bjork, don't be a negative nancy" and whatnot. I appreciate seeing someone get suplexed every now and again, but I've never been a big Brock dude. He seems like a dumb meathead that's got good people around him. Except his old lady, she's not good people. Jim Cornette said so.
"THAT NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH"

The tide is certainly starting to turn against Lesnar amongst fans, but if WWE is finally shifting this into "someone needs to put a stop to Brock" it could be really great.

jmdajr

Brock does good work when he cares.

4db6c6f12129613f9f4534506b5e5db9d140d4ff_hq.gif

UztWNzb.gif

4e29S1e.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

imBask

Banned
Brock came back, had energy, somewhat cared about the business

couple of years later he's now back to where he was when he left. He doesn't care anymore

Wasn't Shelton also a star D-1 wrestler? Probably some kind of brotherhood thing there.

Caderfix

We need some Power of Positivity in here:

• I still love Enzo & Cass. Maybe Cass isn't ready for a proper singles run yet, but fuck it, let's see what he can do.
  • BAYLEY, muddy-funsters.
  • Rooting for Owens next week. It's not going to happen, but damn it, a man can dream.

Of course going by the Curse of Menome, all of these people will be dead or hospitalised by November.

Or part of TNA's roster.

Zach

Is this a Chris Kanyon appreciation thread now? OK, cool

1a. Positively Kanyon handing out Kanyon Kutters to random WCW staff
1b. Rich Kid Raven's sidekick Kanyon
1c. Innovator of Offense Kanyon
1d. Mortis (in WCW/nWo Revenge)
1e. Champagne Chris Kanyon
1f. Jersey Triad Kanyon
1g. Mortis (real life)
1h. Raven's Nest Kanyon
2. WWE Kanyon
I guess I shouldn't look forward to WWE Kanyon. v_v

Finished watching Night 1 of this year's Scenic City Invitational - real good stuff, solid southern indie wrassles with some great matches in Chris Hero vs Kyle Matthews, Lio Rush vs Anthony Henry, Joey Lynch vs Jay Fury & Matt Riddle vs Corey Hollis. Don't be put off by the rinky dink setting or small crowd, they're loud and excitable and waste little time with chanting;

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/sceniccity2016

zswUeMZ.gif

hg5hUUD.gif

tRUkvlT.gif

NKJBdDE.gif

OmrSWHC.gif

Barrage

People think WWE didnt foresee the crowd turning on Brock? You dont book a ref stoppage angle and then F5 the General Manager when you want a guy to be cheered.

Im exited for Lesnar/Shane because im excited for Heyman/Shane. Heyman doing a "I didnt get to put Vince out of business so i'll just kill his son instead" would be great.

I can't believe they won't change Cesaro's "Rammstein's earliest discarded riffs during album creation" theme song even though they've gone all Bond for his presentation.
You can't get CFO$ to write a Bond-type theme song?

There's a lot of Bond parody songs out there, it's a pretty easy thing to copy.

They should have just given him Dean Malenko's theme and called it a day.

Luschient

Yeah apparently the boys in the back like Jericho even more now because of it.

Lol, why?? For proving that he can get worked just like the rest of the marks who thought Brock "went into bidness" for himself? That's nothing to be proud of.

Brock does good work when he cares.

Yeah, I'm wondering if he's just getting bored with it.

"Hey Brock, the plan once again is for you to go out, murder this guy for 10 mins, then pin him"

WWE really needs to find him a legit opponent, no clue who that would be though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finished watching Night 1 of this year's Scenic City Invitational - real good stuff, solid southern indie wrassles with some great matches in Chris Hero vs Kyle Matthews, Lio Rush vs Anthony Henry, Joey Lynch vs Jay Fury & Matt Riddle vs Corey Hollis. Don't be put off by the rinky dink setting or small crowd, they're loud and excitable and waste little time with chanting;

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/sceniccity2016
Scenic City Invitational? I've never even seen this advertised. I'll watch for Riddle of course. Looks good.

Lol, why?? For proving that he can get worked just like the rest of the marks who thought Brock "went into bidness" for himself? That's nothing to be proud of.

The key point wasn't really him getting worked. He asked if Randy getting split open that badly was supposed to happen and no one answered him. So he said "bullshit" and Brock thought he was talking about the finish in general, so Brock tried to confront him but Jericho didn't back down.

This is way more about the confrontation than it is "lol Jericho got worked".

cordy

Banned

?

Not really hard to understand. The fact he stepped up to Lesnar, got in his face in a confrontation that had to be broken up twice is why he's a badass. It's not about if he didn't know the inner workings of what's going on. It's getting in Lesnar's face which makes him a badass given who Lesnar is. I mean I'm surprised some people aren't understanding this. People are putting too much emphasis on who was right and who's wrong, it's not about that since Jericho's heart not only was in the right place, he had no idea. The fact he stepped to Lesnar of all people shows more than anything else.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason Brock v. anyone looks dumb is because they've booked him as unbeatable.

Scenic City Invitational? I've never even seen this advertised. I'll watch for Riddle of course. Looks good.

It's only in its second year but is getting a lot of praise from hardcore fans - the southern scene has a problem with getting content out online, but it's something of a hotbed of undiscovered talent. Lots of really good guys down there who have yet to break out, also Jimmy Rave still kicking along and genuinely being one of the best wrestler in North America that relatively few people get to watch.

So is it official that NXT can't be called "developmental" now without a doubt? Taking into consideration the big stars they have on the show + guys like Cedric Alexander and Noam Dar being drafted to RAW and skipping NXT, NXT seems like it's literally a network exclusive third brand

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's only in its second year but is getting a lot of praise from hardcore fans - the southern scene has a problem with getting content out online, but it's something of a hotbed of undiscovered talent. Lots of really good guys down there who have yet to break out, also Jimmy Rave still kicking along and genuinely being one of the best wrestler in North America that relatively few people get to watch.
I know damn well there isn't a scenic city in the south, but that's fine.
I still get Jimmy Rave mixed up with Trent Acid (RIP) - is this going on nowish, or are all the nights done?

Mahonay

Banned
Meltzer gets it.
"Because Mick is such a big fan of the women's wrestlers, it almost like comes off..it's like he's too big of a fan, you know what I mean? It's like its...I don't know how to explain it but I don't think too many people will disagree with me on this one either. There's like a line, like you can be supportive but it's just like...[groans] I don't know. It's, it's...I don't want to say "creepy," that's too strong of a word but there is a word there that I can't come up with right on the spur of the moment. It's not smooth to watch. I'll just say that. There's something about it that's not quite...I don't know."

Top Bottom