• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

That's an insult to Nash. Cass is barely Test-tier if he's lucky.
Cqi2x4QUIAIwCnd.jpg

I think it's pretty cool to see TJP getting a spot in the Cruiserweight division on Raw. Dude has been really good for a long time. Definitely excited to see what he can do on a bigger stage.

How long before you guys turn on Cass by comparing him to Big Sexy?
I was under the impression most of us have long turned on Cass.

This will never happen because the WWE writers are fucking dumb, but why don't they just have Cesaro show up on SD and wreck shit anyway? Or just come out and challenge Ambrose to a title match?

I mean I know why, but humor me for a bit. Even in kayfabe terms it works. What are Mick and Steph gonna do, fire him? Shane and Bryan would snap him up. Suspend him? They don't have any authority over what goes on in SD, so whoopdee do. Ambrose is supposed to be a cocky guy who doesn't back down from any challenge, so he'd likely relish the opportunity to belittle Cesaro's claims of being held back just like he did to Ziggler.

Honestly, I don't know why they stuck Cesaro on Raw given the dearth of quality main event talent on SD. Cesaro might not be main event level yet, but at least throw him on SD and give him the chance to sink or swim rather than shove him down the card in a meaningless fued that couldn't even get more than a 2 min backstage segment on a fucking 3 hour show.
There's always the chance this Best of 7 turns from a chance to go for the belt to jump to Smackdown either willingly or a loser leaves the brand type thing. I'm no huge Cesaro fan but he'd do better off on Smackdown.

bjork

Here is what needs to happen over the course of the next week.

wwe.com reports that Kevin Owens was attacked by an unknown assailant whilst taking a dump in an airport restroom. The door was kicked in, and before he could collect himself, Owens was beaten over the head with one of those air hand dryer things. He is under strict medical attention for two weeks, and unable to compete.

then the next day, wwe.com reports that Big Cass was attacked while picking up Carmella from a tanning salon, where he was locked inside a tanning bed ala Warrior in Undertaker's casket, and is currently undergoing psychological evaluation, and is unable to compete.

then the next day, wwe.com reports that Roman Reigns was rushed to a hospital after drinking some cans of Bud Light that were injected with a mixture of laxatives and carolina reaper chili dust, and due to a swollen and pink anus, he will be unable to compete.

then Seth Rollins simply goes missing. We don't know where he is.

Raw starts the following week, and Mick/Steph are losing their shit because no one is there for their main event. They decide to open with Sheamus/Cesaro, but when Sheamus comes down the ramp, an Audi A8 comes rolling down the ramp and runs him over. Cesaro steps out dressed like Hitman again, but this time complete with the little bar code on his neck. He pops open the trunk, and lifts out Seth Rollins, who is hogtied and duct taped to oblivion. He's not getting free.

Cesaro lays Seth in ring, giant swings him, then pins him and tells Mick to give him his damn belt, this is the brass ring being grabbed.

Anth0ny

How long before you guys turn on Cass by comparing him to Big Sexy?

literally the moment he wins a big singles match

not only will that signal to the crowd that vince has a new, big, tall, not so talented wrestler to push, but also that the beloved enzo and cass tag team will come to an end sooner rather than later

Hasney

I really like Cass. Dude can talk better than a lot of the roster and still feels like he is improving. He's not there yet, but I think his progress since his NXT debut has been pretty good.

The problem with Enzo and Cass is a weird one. Enzo has no upwards potential as a wrestler. He's awful in the ring unless he's getting heat for a hot tag. But he's also the much better talker of the two obviously, so he's the main reason they are over to the degree they are. So I can see why they want to push Cass as a singles guy because he does have more potential, but I also think he'd flop without Enzo. I guess you could go the manager route, but I think that would be a weird transition and I fear fans might turn on Cass if they see Enzo being defined down to just being his manager.

bjork

Jericho's being called a huge badass for stepping up to Lesnar. Well-deserved.

Carny old man thought Brock was shooting.

Mr Perfect almost killed an entire plane full of people to have a go at Brock.

The problem with Enzo and Cass is a weird one. Enzo has no upwards potential as a wrestler. He's awful in the ring unless he's getting heat for a hot tag. But he's also the much better talker of the two obviously, so he's the main reason they are over to the degree they are. So I can see why they want to push Cass as a singles guy because he does have more potential, but I also think he'd flop without Enzo. I guess you could go the manager route, but I think that would be a weird transition and I fear fans might turn on Cass if they see Enzo being defined down to just being his manager.

You just run the 1994 HBK/Diesel angle as closely as possible, except you change one thing: when Cass wins the belt, you don't have him suddenly cutting long promos and kissing babies and shit.

Browny

Banned
Jericho's being called a huge badass for stepping up to Lesnar. Well-deserved.

Damn right. I can imagine a few people getting riled up by that match, and Brock's attitude only compounds it. Fuck Brock. I'd rather they spent the $8million or so on another couple of trainers and people at the Performance Centre instead.

Menome

We need some Power of Positivity in here:

• I still love Enzo & Cass. Maybe Cass isn't ready for a proper singles run yet, but fuck it, let's see what he can do.
  • BAYLEY, muddy-funsters.
  • Rooting for Owens next week. It's not going to happen, but damn it, a man can dream.

Of course going by the Curse of Menome, all of these people will be dead or hospitalised by November.

Carny old man thought Brock was shooting.

Mr Perfect almost killed an entire plane full of people to have a go at Brock.

You just run the 1994 HBK/Diesel angle as closely as possible, except you change one thing: when Cass wins the belt, you don't have him suddenly cutting long promos and kissing babies and shit.
Sorry to tell you, he'll be cutting 15 minute promos and kissing everyone. Not just babies baby

Tom Nook

Here is what needs to happen over the course of the next week.
Cesaro lays Seth in ring, giant swings him, then pins him and tells Mick to give him his damn belt, this is the brass ring being grabbed.

This.

Cesaro wants even a bigger brass ring.

Cesaro goes to SD the next day and did the same with Dean. At the end of SD, Cesaro holding two belts proclaiming that a NEW ERA begins: "There's only ONE WRESTLING champion."

Out comes AJ.......

Ithil

I can't believe they won't change Cesaro's "Rammstein's earliest discarded riffs during album creation" theme song even though they've gone all Bond for his presentation.
You can't get CFO$ to write a Bond-type theme song?

There's a lot of Bond parody songs out there, it's a pretty easy thing to copy.

Top Bottom