• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

cordy

Banned
Hearing rumors that Rollins might win the title and go babyface since they need a new lead face now that Balor's out...

Yall better pray right fucking now. We gotta make this happen if KO ain't getting it.

Hearing rumors that Rollins might win the title and go babyface since they need a new lead face now that Balor's out...

Yall better pray right fucking now. We gotta make this happen if KO ain't getting it.

tumblr_n8or6dRhWG1ql0k28o10_250.gif

The Art of The Shoot

The Life of The Shoot

The Way of The Shoot
Is this like Sun Tzu's art of war?

"The supreme art of verbal shooting is to subdue the enemy without fighting"

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized...by injuring your fellow competitor"

“Treat your kliq as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”

“One mark of a great worker is that he shoots on his own terms or shoots not at all.”

“The wise shooter avoids a work.”

http://i.imgur.com/T72KJs7.png[img]
[/QUOTE]
And I initially thought Gallagher had a dubious look seeing him in the CWC, god damn I'll never judge his colourful hot air balloon trunks again seeing this.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

This would also open the door for a Rollins/Owens feud. This would be the only way Owens not winning would be palatable to me.

Then turn him tweener when Balor comes back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Face Seth would be nice, he's long overdue for it. Deserves it too.

If Owens gets it I'll be surprised, but face Rollins does make sense.

Is there any site that covers the WWF world title history? As I'm trying to get my head around which belt the big gold belt ended up folding into.

The lineages of the main belts are a bit confusing these days.

It got folded into the WWE Championship twice. When Jericho unified it and Triple H made it into a single belt, all its lineage went into the WWE (Undisputed) Championship.

WWE Championship becomes exclusive to SmackDown in 2002, RAW creates new championship title, uses the Big Gold, calls it the World Heavyweight Championship.

That, and all its lineage since 2002 got folded into the WWE Championship in 2013.

bjork

So my trash compactor's problem is a large nylon nut that's on one of the power screws. These little nubs on the side cracked off, and so it doesn't lift the ram at the same rate as the other power screw. Went ahead and dug out the manual, looked up the part online.

$20 for a little piece of plastic. It's way better than $500+ for a new compactor, but sheesh. Makes me want to just start a compost pile right outside my kitchen window.

Kaladin

So my trash compactor's problem is a large nylon nut that's on one of the power screws. These little nubs on the side cracked off, and so it doesn't lift the ram at the same rate as the other power screw. Went ahead and dug out the manual, looked up the part online.

$20 for a little piece of plastic. It's way better than $500+ for a new compactor, but sheesh. Makes me want to just start a compost pile right outside my kitchen window.

Try going to Home Depot and see if you can find something similar there for cheaper.

imBask

Banned
I don't know you guys... if Seth turns face, i'm afraid they'll go for a cookie cutter face just like Orton and it never works, they need to be badass faces

bjork

Try going to Home Depot and see if you can find something similar there for cheaper.

The order is already in, plus it's a 25 year-old compactor. Would they even bother with something that would fit properly? I can't imagine there's a big market for that, heh.

I don't know you guys... if Seth turns face, i'm afraid they'll go for a cookie cutter face just like Orton and it never works, they need to be badass faces

Who was the last dude you'd classify as a badass face, though? They've been all "aw shucks" in promos for eons now.

Kaladin

The order is already in, plus it's a 25 year-old compactor. Would they even bother with something that would fit properly? I can't imagine there's a big market for that, heh.

If it's a generic looking large nylon nut, who knows you might get lucky. Just take the old piece in or a picture of what you're looking for and ask them if they have something like that.

On a side note, is it worth watching Wrestling With Shadows sometime around the time I get to Survivor Series? I have never seen that movie, but have heard about it and am curious about it especially given the relevance to the time frame I'm in.

oddly enough I just watched it last night lol. The entire thing is on YouTube. It's good. I still can't decide if the Montreal Screwjob was a work.

bjork

I remember Wrestling with Shadows being pretty interesting at the time, but it's been like 15 years. Might be even more interesting with Bret's book having happened and all of that, since then.

Bret worked himself into a shoot.

it definitely would appear that way, in the very least. Hearing him talk about dropping the belt would be like "raping" him in the middle of the ring, how it would destroy his character's dignity (you're a heel brah, that's what's supposed to happen) he got himself way too emotionally invested in his own character. He got worked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember Wrestling with Shadows being pretty interesting at the time, but it's been like 15 years. Might be even more interesting with Bret's book having happened and all of that, since then.
It's still a good watch. Paints WWE as a crazy hostile environment that isn't usually seen. Still a good show.

On the debut episode of his podcast released on Monday, Ryan "Ryback" Reeves opened up about what led to him leaving WWE.

Reeves said he was thankful for everything WWE gave him and appreciated how it shaped him into who he is, but noted that he didn’t agree with them on a business standpoint on a lot of things. He said that he doesn’t live in fear and that led to him doing things the way that he did.

He said that he was never the company's guy and wondered why they put the Intercontinental Championship on him in 2015. After winning the title, he was presented with a new contract offer. Reeves said he wasn’t happy with the offer considering what he had done for the company.

But Reeves said he didn't leave because of monetary value of the offer. "Not about a money issue, just so everybody knows, I walked away from the WWE, the contract offer that I walked away from was a three-year $1.5 million contract.” Reeves said.

Reeves mentioned that there were other things he wasn't happy about. He said that there were merchandising opportunities that didn’t pan out and noted how expensive travel expenses were, saying the way professional wrestling has always done things isn’t always right.

Reeves said that he had been lied to at many times in his career about booking and other opportunities. He claimed that Vince McMahon told him that he would be the number one heel in the company and have the title put on him if he listened to McMahon and read his promos as they were scripted. Reeves also claimed that he was supposed to face AJ Styles at WrestleMania 32, with McMahon telling him that he would "squash that little twerp."

That changed and Reeves would go on to face Kalisto on the WrestleMania 32 kickoff show. He said that he was set to sign a new contract but sent a revised offer to the company after not being happy about how he was handled.

On his last day at television, Reeves said he knew that WWE wasn't going to accept the revised offer and thought the booking of the show was intended to make him look bad before he left. He claimed he told Mark Carano to take him off television, but didn't talk to McMahon because he had been lied to too many times before.

He said that he will always be thankful for the WWE, but he's allowed to feel betrayed about certain things and doesn't have to go home and not talk about it. He again noted that he doesn't live in fear, saying he didn't burn a bridge and was only telling the truth.

He claimed that he was offered magazine covers but WWE wouldn't let him do them despite allowing other talent to. He said that WWE wanted Roman Reigns to appear on a cover instead of him at one point.

Co-host Pat Buck asked Reeves if he felt it was a personal decision by WWE, but Reeves said it happened to others as well. Reeves felt like WWE's goal should be making sure that every wrestler's brand is as strong as possible
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/ryback-i-walked-away-3-year-15-million-wwe-deal-219676

Atomic Odin

Reeves said that he had been lied to at many times in his career about booking and other opportunities. He claimed that Vince McMahon told him that he would be the number one heel in the company and have the title put on him if he listened to McMahon and read his promos as they were scripted. Reeves also claimed that he was supposed to face AJ Styles at WrestleMania 32, with McMahon telling him that he would "squash that little twerp."

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably so. Before AJ showed he was the shit.

Like Meltzer always says - plans change, and it's up to Vince. Not a big deal.

Top Bottom