• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

39c39f8473b6df289435ad8eac50ea67.jpg

While Ryback did indeed get better over the years, it's worth noting what a pile of shit he was at first - there have been numerous dudes in wrestling who were presented as some sort of monstrous freak of nature, only to then lack the functional strength needed to not only pull off a manoeuvre but to also make it look ridiculously easy at the same time. There's many reasons as to why Ryback failed, many of them WWE's fault, but to my mind that early push way before he was ready did his career a lot of damage.

I agree with this a lot. As big a fan as I always have been, he got pushed too fast and too early. He was on a good track when Miz had the IC belt and he was messing with him, but then they shoved him into an unwinnable situation with Punk and his title streak.

bjork

History of the hardcore title

ROAD DOGG on the cover

I know that, over anyone who's ever held that title ever, he's one of the top names I think of.

Mighty Molly has more business on the cover than that dickhead.

Guys I really hope Owens wins the title tonight.

Knowing how WWE will fuck this up, they will probably make Big Cass the champ.

The smart thing will be for Steph to cost Rollins the match after failing her eveytime she went to bat for him and someone like Owens wins it. And there's your face turn.

Striker

History of the hardcore title

ROAD DOGG on the cover

I know that, over anyone who's ever held that title ever, he's one of the top names I think of.

Mighty Molly has more business on the cover than that dickhead.
I mean they had DX on the cover of one of their Monday Night Wars DVD.

Fox318

God so much of the Ryback interview is the same shit that everyone says.

The fucking company is built around plaicating Steph and the McMahon's ego.

Fox318

When you have talent that the company goes out of their way to remind every goverment and business authority as independet contractors then they should have the right to seek some opprutinites.

Punk wanted the sponsorship (which they then let brock had)
Punk wanted to walk out to a UFC event (which HHH then did and everyone ignored him over Bieber)
Ryback was trying to get on the cover of flex maginzine (was told no because Steph was on the cover of another mag at the time)
Everyone has complained about the merch situation and Ryback brought up the fact that people like Big Show don't even have shirts at live events despite being with the company for so long.

Plus he brought up the fact that they still don't pay for travel to cut costs.

Toki767

Honestly. Owens is the only way they could make that title interesting.

We've already had uneventful title runs for Rollins and Reigns.

Coketruck

I've been watching wrestling for a long time. My granddad introduced me to WCW around around 1989, I found the WWF a few years later, and watched both until WCW folded (even went to the last Nitro in Panama City Beach) and eventually quit watching WWE around 2008. I got back into watching WWE just before Wrestlemania 30, and have been keeping up with it steadily pretty much ever since.

While there are certainly parts of Raw and Smackdown that make me wonder why I spend my time watching this stuff instead of actually doing something productive, I recently realized that between main-roster WWE and NXT, since I started back watching I'm enjoying wrestling more than I have since the end of the Attitude Era. I can't put my finger on exactly why; some combination of the talent roster being great and storylines that are actually interesting (Cruiserweight Classic, the Universal Title situation, Smackdown feeling relevant for the first time since the Smackdown Six period, NXT in general), I guess. It feels like wrestling, specifically the WWE-related parts, is hitting highs it hasn't hit in years.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my little bit of optimism. Carry on.

orioto

Good Art™
I still don't want to believe Owens may be champ tonight.

I think deep down it's still a kayfabe problem. He's never been pictured as chasing the world title, nor was in any feud around it. There was just ZERO built nor momentum to that... unfortunatly.

Sometimes they can go with it and they'll find out how he works as a champ..

Watched parts of SummerSlam. It was average. Styles and Cena had a great match. Cena is a pretty great worker. He deserves more credit. I am glad the smark crowd gave him an ovation after the match.

But man, Styles is gold. He's, by far, the most talented wrestler in the business now and arguably the best professional wrestler I have ever seen. He sells, he executes, protects, and is just so athletic.

Get the belt off Ambrose and give this dude the title. Now.

kiguel182

Watching a Bryan vs Kenta and man Kenta looks the same.

Bryan here was obviously wrestling a very different style, way slower. Already doing more headbutts than he should.

bjork

I think deep down it's still a kayfabe problem. He's never been pictured as chasing the world title, nor was in any feud around it. There was just ZERO built nor momentum to that... unfortunatly.

Isn't his entire shtick that he's been getting a shit deal since he showed up? Now he's got a chance to slide in the backdoor and prove he belongs there, and if he goes over 3 other dudes, that'll definitely be a reference point in his future promos.

It's definitely why I don't think he'll win since there was no build for him leading up to this. He's been in a lot of multi men matches that placed him on the short end of the stick. The safest choice is Rollins.

Kaladin

Watching a Bryan vs Kenta and man Kenta looks the same.

Bryan here was obviously wrestling a very different style, way slower. Already doing more headbutts than he should.

During his indie days Bryan worked a slower style to do the longer matches often required of him in the indies. He was a lot more technical and mat based and I missed that in his transition to WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched parts of SummerSlam. It was average. Styles and Cena had a great match. Cena is a pretty great worker. He deserves more credit. I am glad the smark crowd gave him an ovation after the match.

But man, Styles is gold. He's, by far, the most talented wrestler in the business now and arguably the best professional wrestler I have ever seen. He sells, he executes, protects, and is just so athletic.

Get the belt off Ambrose and give this dude the title. Now.
For sure. You should track down AJ vs Minoru Suzuku from the G1 a couple years ago, fantastic goddamned match. Wait, I'll find it for you.

https://vimeo.com/102825529

Maybe my favorite Styles match. It's so good.

orioto

Good Art™
Isn't his entire shtick that he's been getting a shit deal since he showed up? Now he's got a chance to slide in the backdoor and prove he belongs there, and if he goes over 3 other dudes, that'll definitely be a reference point in his future promos.

Yes there is that except it was never consistent. Concretely on TV he never really tried to break the glass ceiling, nor claimed he wanted to go at one of the champs.

That's the major problem those days with this kind of anti authority figure wrestler. They are just wayy to docile and accept their position in the roster... That kills their character. After the Draft he was meant to be unhappy, so what does he say in an interview ? "I can understand i'm not picked before guys like Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose.." really ? lol He should be shitting all over their face..

kiguel182

During his indie days Bryan worked a slower style to do the longer matches often required of him in the indies. He was a lot more technical and mat based and I missed that in his transition to WWE.

I had only watched a couple of his ROH matches before.

He still does the same stuff he did later one but yeah, at a very different pace. But I think changing to a very explosive state was crucial for him later on.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Bo Dallas was arrested this weekend for public intoxication … this according to Dallas Fort Worth Police officials.

According to the report, obtained by The Sheet, Dallas was removed from his flight for yelling at the flight crew while wearing “Tapout” gear — a partner company of the WWE.

When officers approached Bo — real name Taylor Rotunda — he was slumped over in a chair looking at his phone. When he got up, Dallas “demonstrated very poor dexterity” and dropped his phone.

The report also says he strongly smelled of alcohol.

Rotunda told officers he had been drinking and when they asked how much … he said, “I’m not really planning on driving tonight.” Based on their observations, officers determined his level of intoxication was a danger to himself and others. So they placed him under arrest.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/bo...intoxication/#.V8SHhJMrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Top Bottom