• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Lothar

Banned
Randy legitimately got his head busted open really badly by Brock's elbows, so whether it was supposed to happen or not, you can't really blame Jericho for being concerned for him.

KO is 6'0 maybe. Joe is 6'2".

If it was supposed to happen, then both Lesnar and Orton deserve a dressing down by Jericho.

Zach

Brock excelled in college, and he was a nice guy to Shelton. That's about all I can think of that I can appreciate about him. I remember saying shit on him when he walked back after WMXX and people here were like "but he's following his football dreams bjork, don't be a negative nancy" and whatnot. I appreciate seeing someone get suplexed every now and again, but I've never been a big Brock dude. He seems like a dumb meathead that's got good people around him. Except his old lady, she's not good people. Jim Cornette said so.
Yeah!

Mahonay

Banned
tumblr_niyg40ueYR1ql0k28o3_250.gif
Pre-Swagske era doesn't count.

Mahonay

Banned
Reminded me of the time he dropped Holly on his head. It was very interesting to watch live.
Holly is an even bigger asshole than Brock so for me it was oddly satisfying.

But really, it takes some massive balls to purposely sandbag Brock in the middle of a match.

Zach

I'd love it if Nakamura got called up, beat Lesnar in a squash, and then Brock was never seen or heard from again. That would just be lovely.

People think WWE didnt foresee the crowd turning on Brock? You dont book a ref stoppage angle and then F5 the General Manager when you want a guy to be cheered.

Im exited for Lesnar/Shane because im excited for Heyman/Shane. Heyman doing a "I didnt get to put Vince out of business so i'll just kill his son instead" would be great.
Hmmmmm, my question is so they reference the invasion era lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno, the Melina thing always seemed like the word creepy could have been applied. He doesn't seem as bad now though.
I never heard about this thing. What happened?

Gurrry

Alot of people are saying huge breaking news is coming out in the next few days... Anyone have an idea as to what it might be?

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was issued a temporary suspension on Tuesday by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC), marking the first step in the adjudication process for Lesnar's multiple UFC 200 drug testing failures.

Lesnar, 39, tested positive for the banned substance hydroxy-clomiphene, an anti-estrogen agent, in an out-of-competition drug test administered by USADA on June 28 as well as an in-competition test taken at UFC 200. The WWE superstar was tested by USADA eight times in advance of his July 9 fight against Mark Hunt, which Lesnar won via unanimous decision, though the positive test results only came back after UFC 200.

Lesnar is expected to receive a formal hearing with the NAC at a later date. He faces a potential two-year suspension from both USADA and the NAC, as well as fines from the latter -- a sentence that would effectively end his mixed martial arts career.

"To my fans that watch me in the octagon, I thank them for their support," Lesnar told TMZ Sports at a recent media event. "This has been a bumpy road. I'm gonna get through this alright. And there will be a day, maybe, that they'll see me back in the octagon."

Lesnar (6-3) is a WWE crossover star who captured the UFC heavyweight title with a resounding victory over Randy Couture in 2008. Lesnar defended his title twice, defeating Frank Mir and Shane Carwin, before suffering back-to-back losses against Cain Velasquez and Alistair Overeem, as well as two separate bouts with diverticulitis, then retiring back to WWE.

Nearly five years after his retirement, Lesnar made a surprise return to fight top-10 heavyweight contender Hunt at UFC 200. Lesnar won the bout via unanimous decision, but tested positive for anti-estrogen agents in two drug tests revealed in the weeks after the fight, prompting a furious Hunt to rally against the UFC and USADA for waiving the four-month testing window required of returning athletes by USADA in order to slot Lesnar into UFC 200 on a condensed timetable.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...porary-suspension-for-two-failed-ufc-200-drug

Get mad

Mahonay

Banned
Alot of people are saying huge breaking news is coming out in the next few days... Anyone have an idea as to what it might be?
Everyone has been trading rumors about more people getting suspended for wellness violations, which is seeming more and more like it was just pulled out of people's asses.

So is it official that NXT can't be called "developmental" now without a doubt? Taking into consideration the big stars they have on the show + guys like Cedric Alexander and Noam Dar being drafted to RAW and skipping NXT, NXT seems like it's literally a network exclusive third brand

But to be fair who's really called it that since they left full sail a year ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hahah oh man. so did titus break into fits of laughter or did he just get distracted?
Stumbled like that nice woman did over every damn line he had. Started to look like he got his verbal footing back, and wobbled and fell again. It was really tough to watch, being a huge Titus fan.

gun_haver

What did Mick do?

Just posting a lot of very effusive praise about the women's division in recent months.

I mean you can look at it too ways - here's a guy who is really just very lovable and kind to people around him, tries to appreciate hard work and be considerate. He's also a big kid at heart so takes things in a genuine way. The big goof's favourite thing is Christmas and playing Santa Claus.

Orrrr you can decide he's one of those weird guys who never grew past a certain emotional age and doesn't want to admit his motivations for his desire to be close to the women's division are less than pure, and his whole Santa thing is just another creepy example of Mick being a bit off.

I couldn't say personally, all I know is he seems a little dumb and his interests are pretty boring. The truth beyond that could go either way and it's up to you.

So what are the chances that they say **** it and put the belt on KO?

I'd love to see it but I don't think it will happen. KO is the number 2 heel in the company. I think it's going to be Seth/Roman winning and working a program together while &
JeriKO work a feud with Enzo and Cass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The way he was writing about her in the Hardcore Diaries was like some friendzoned dude trying to suck up to her, like she was so cute and going to be the biggest star.

This doesn't count as it was an angle, but this was the weirdest segment on ECW 2006 too, and that's saying something

https://youtu.be/iEfO9wN1hsY
Oh boy. Buckling up...

Ithil

So is it official that NXT can't be called "developmental" now without a doubt? Taking into consideration the big stars they have on the show + guys like Cedric Alexander and Noam Dar being drafted to RAW and skipping NXT, NXT seems like it's literally a network exclusive third brand

The Takeover shows, no. They're primarily interested in making those high quality shows with their best talent. The TV show, maybe, they do have rookies on there learning.
The actualy developmental happens in their house shows and in the performance center.

jmdajr

Stumbled like that nice woman did over every damn line he had. Started to look like he got his verbal footing back, and wobbled and fell again. It was really tough to watch, being a huge Titus fan.

He did fine on commentary from what I remember. Scripts just don't work for some.

Who knows. Being solo changes the game.

Mahonay

Banned
The Takeover shows, no. They're primarily interested in making those high quality shows with their best talent. The TV show, maybe, they do have rookies on there learning.
The actualy developmental happens in their house shows and in the performance center.
And the upside of bringing in top outside talent is that their rookies get to rub shoulders with some of the best performers in the business. Experience they would not have gotten in the old developmental system.

Mahonay

Banned
He did fine on commentary from what I remember. Scripts just don't work for some.

Who knows. Being solo changes the game.
Yeah Titus was totally decent on commentary, I think I even remember him ripping on JBL in a pretty entertaining way.

Forced scripted promos are just not for everyone, but don't tell Stephanie that.

GunBR

The reason Brock v. anyone looks dumb is because they've booked him as unbeatable.
Yeah, but people still thought that Dean had a chance at Mania, because it was a non-DQ street fight. And a lot of people bet on Randy at Summerslam.
So his booking is working

Brock will only lose again on a 1vs1 when he face someone that WWE wants to push to the moon

I hadn't noticed until the Legit Shook Summerslam review, which is fantastic and the Ambrose:Ziggler section is an inspired takedown of why the buildup made no damn sense... but what the hell IS WWE doing having Seth with variants of white power symbols as his new logo, and the damn symbol without the SR straight up in his entrance.

www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/celtic-cross.html

celtic-cross-1.jpg

big_1467338293_image.jpg

Getting worked by a cyclical alcoholic friend

jmdajr

Yeah, but people still thought that Dean had a chance at Mania, because it was a non-DQ street fight. And a lot of people bet on Randy at Summerslam.
So his booking is working

Brock will only lose again on a 1vs1 when he face someone that WWE wants to push to the moon

Brock will lose on his last match. Whatever that is. I am even fine if it's
Cena

Cagey

Banned
Of course its supposed to be a cross hair.

Not a good look to have something that resembles the white supremacist variant of the celtic cross though.

Top Bottom