• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

I hadn't noticed until the Legit Shook Summerslam review, which is fantastic and the Ambrose:Ziggler section is an inspired takedown of why the buildup made no damn sense... but what the hell IS WWE doing having Seth with variants of white power symbols as his new logo, and the damn symbol without the SR straight up in his entrance.

www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/celtic-cross.html

celtic-cross-1.jpg

big_1467338293_image.jpg

What's going on? It's meant to be a crosshairs.

Menome

With Titus last night: Even if he hadn't stumbled over his words; even if he hadn't gotten those Slater chants; even if he'd had a better pop-culture comparison than Jay-Z...

...it still wasn't a very good promo. It going 100% right would have just been rather mediocre and unforgettable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
King of Fighters when I get home. I'm so excited.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still working my way to the center of the galaxy in No Man's Sky but I'm having trouble convincing myself to play much more.
I got curious and looked at the ending. Infuriating. Glad I looked. The game looks easy to plat so I might do that, but any kind of drive I had to get to the center just vanished.

number47

With Titus last night: Even if he hadn't stumbled over his words; even if he hadn't gotten those Slater chants; even if he'd had a better pop-culture comparison than Jay-Z...

...it still wasn't a very good promo. It going 100% right would have just been rather mediocre and unforgettable.
Once he stumbled, it was like blood in the water. And it was scripted. How hard is it to memorize that shit.
Jay z because he owns part of the Barclay center
And the run ins were as bad. They need practice

Also lol@ mr. Fantastic. It's just a circle and cross.chill.

Mahonay

Banned
Investigating cism or xism or tism is my day job, what can I say. Just seems a bit dumb to even run the risk given its not a two bit promotion. Spruce it up a little.
At some point you're just injecting your own skewed outside perspective into something that doesn't actually exist. It's a crosshair, it's 100 percent fine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's just a crosshair. In fact, it moves around during his Titantron to make it clear its a crosshair.

There's traditionally a lot of resentment from old British wrestlers when it comes to the British Light Heavyweight style of wrestling, especially the 'escapology' stuff employed by the likes of George Kidd, Ken Joyce, Johnny Saint and, now, Zack Sabre Jr. They didn't like the TV popularity that style enjoyed back in the day and don't like the fact that it's also the most appealing aspect of British wrestling to modern viewers. One of the most common complaints is that (as long as an amazing heel like Sid Cooper isn't in the ring) it rarely looks like a fight, is more fancy and technical than physical and can lean heavily into the comedy wrestling side of things.

Mahonay

Banned
There's traditionally a lot of resentment from old British wrestlers when it comes to the British Light Heavyweight style of wrestling, especially the 'escapology' stuff employed by the likes of George Kidd, Ken Joyce, Johnny Saint and, now, Zack Sabre Jr. They didn't like the TV popularity that style enjoyed back in the day and don't like the fact that it's also the most appealing aspect of British wrestling to modern viewers. One of the most common complaints is that (as long as an amazing heel like Sid Cooper isn't in the ring) it rarely looks like a fight, is more fancy and technical than physical and can lean heavily into the comedy wrestling side of things.
Look, this makes absolute sense to me. But you're fucking William Regal, a top employee and public face of WWE, you don't call a wresting style "too gay" in an interview. Christ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem is that people were excited about Finn because it meant there'd be something new in the main event scene, but I'm pretty sure this is going to devolve into Roman v. Seth VIII.

AJ winning and moving onto the main event title scene (hopefully) means SD Live is going to be the more interesting show as long as Raw is utterly consumed by Romansethmania.

Fuck everything, one of the new day members should've been in the tournament only to win it. History with the second title holders being a black tag team.

dream

What? It's a crosshair.

What's going on? It's meant to be a crosshairs.

It's just a crosshair. In fact, it moves around during his Titantron to make it clear its a crosshair.

I'm with Friend Cagey on this. The logo is especially tone-deaf given that Tyler was recently dating a high profile neo-nazi. As sure, it's a crosshair, but what does a cross hair have to do with Tyler's gimmick? Is he a sniper? I mean, aside from taking out Stinger, Cena, and Fin.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm with Friend Cagey on this. The logo is especially tone-deaf given that Tyler was recently dating a high profile neo-nazi. As sure, it's a crosshair, but what does a cross hair have to do with Tyler's gimmick? Is he a sniper? I mean, aside from taking out Stinger, Cena, and Fin.
I will say I'm 100 percent fine with not letting him live down the fact that he dated that racist piece of shit.

dream

Also, given the rash of gun violence in the United States, having crosshairs as a logo seems particularly heinous for a company that runs out of and predominantly tours in the United States.

That chick was a racist asshole, but it should be noted the Nazi thing on her wall was like some hipster art bullshit that she thought was meaningful because it was located in proximity to some German actress that was anti-Nazi.

Also, supposedly Brock may have called Jericho some names that would get him in trouble if they got out. I'm wondering if it's just the pussy/bitch stuff that has been reported, or if he actually called him queer or a faggot. The latter would not surprise me, sadly.

Edit: They're trying to promote Seth as like a new Cerebral Assassin with the "architect" shit, so I think the idea of the crosshairs is supposed to be that he very precisely takes down whoever's in his way. Or possibly that he, himself, is in everybody's crosshairs since he's "The Man".

dream

Of course Brock called Jericho a faggot. Brock doesn't like gays. We wrote that down in our little notebook.

In those days, blacks were only allowed to fight one another, as mixed-raced bouts could lead to near riots from the predominantly white crowds. But once white promoters recognized the economics of catering to a growing ethnic minority audience, things changed. But black bad guys could also lead to fan revolt, so promoters created storylines centered on overt racism from the white performers that was meant to drum up sympathy for their black counterparts. WWE rehashed this technique in 2003, with white superstar champion Triple H telling black underdog Booker T that champions don’t look like him.
Foxy, here.

Also, supposedly Brock may have called Jericho some names that would get him in trouble if they got out. I'm wondering if it's just the pussy/bitch stuff that has been reported, or if he actually called him queer or a faggot. The latter would not surprise me, sadly.

ESPN 2004:

"My friend Shawn thinks you're kinda cute," she said.

Not Shawna. Not Shana.

Shawn.

The 6-foot-3, 290-pound Goliath, the guy who benches 475 pounds, squats 695 pounds, steamed.

"Yeah?" the former pro wrestler said, his voice growing louder, his eyes getting bigger. "Well you tell that ..."

To print what Brock Lesnar said might make even John Rocker blush. But after his curse-laden outburst, he turned to a nearby reporter and explained, "I don't like gays. Write that down in your little notebook. I don't like gays."

Raw64life

I heard about the Jericho/Brock thing yesterday but didn't actually read the details.

The account I read made it sound like Michael Hayes worked Jericho into a shoot by not telling him the finish was planned. If so, LOL.

Henry said he ultimately forgave Hayes for the N-word incident, and allowed the producer to stay with the company after given the option by McMahon. But, said Henry, “You walk up to any wrestler, white, black, indifferent, and you [ask] them, ‘If you want Mark Henry to go completely off, what do you say?’ … And they would all say the same thing. You use the word, he’s gonna go off.”
Mark Henry, too much sympathy.

Top Bottom