• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Togetherrrrrrr, foreverrrrrrrrrr
tumblr_o600qmrKTa1rrvy2po1_250.0.gif

Can't blame either tbh.

Look, this makes absolute sense to me. But you're fucking William Regal, a top employee and public face of WWE, you don't call a wresting style "too gay" in an interview. Christ.

Oh, I absolutely agree, that's totally unacceptable - I just wanted to give a little context as to why guys like Regal & Finlay might not be fans of Sabre.

jmdajr

Well aware, but 12 years has made a big difference in the rest of the country. Would think Brock was at least smart enough to hold back on the epithets since he likes making fat stacks of cash for being a public sports star.

Jimmy Johns to drop support?

Who else does Brock have endorsements with?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I honestly wish they'd just have Brock job to Heath Slater and never have him show up again. I'm tired of his act, and he seems like a real shithead anyways.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Kayfabe is in full effect. People got legit heat with Lesnar and Rollins. I love it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's possible to just be an asshole and be an increasingly boring performer in the ring without it being a work. Like, maybe he's legitimately an asshole who hasn't put any effort into a match in a long time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still New Kayfabe no matter how you cut it.

Wonder if D. Bry will talk more crap about the Universal title. SMACK TALK!
I'd love it but given the rumors that the Women's Smackdown belt is basically the Women's Raw belt but the red is blue I doubt it.

Even if they're lazy, it makes perfect sense for all the Smackdown belts to look different.

Luschient

?

Not really hard to understand. The fact he stepped up to Lesnar, got in his face in a confrontation that had to be broken up twice is why he's a badass. It's not about if he didn't know the inner workings of what's going on. It's getting in Lesnar's face which makes him a badass given who Lesnar is. I mean I'm surprised some people aren't understanding this.

I mean I get why you'd respect someone for not backing down from Brock but it's the why he stepped up to Brock that's so ridiculous. And someone who has been in the business for as long as Jericho has been should know that whole thing was a work.

Mahonay

Banned
I mean I get why you'd respect someone for not backing down from Brock but it's the why he stepped up to Brock that's so ridiculous. And someone who has been in the business for as long as Jericho has been should know that whole thing was a work.
People don't normally get their skulls cracked open as a work in WWE.

Hasney

Well he asked the producer of the match and he refused to give him an answer. It's everyones favourite Mr. Hayes fault.

Hate speech rulz, righ?

It's fucked up but completely unsurprising he has this viewpoint

There's a reason he always begs everyone to not mention anything political. And there is nothing more political in modern America than someone daring to not be born straight

So he wasn't officially suspended before?

Nope, every UFC fighter who tests positive has the right to an appeal and B sample check. There's two samples every time. It's super rare that the B sample ever comes up different (only happened once in the UFC) but they still have the right to check. Suspension is withheld until after that B result returns

Lothar

Banned

So Brock didn't really elbow Randy in the head until his brains started leaking out? Randy used a fake head?

Jericho should have slapped both of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's fucked up but completely unsurprising he has this viewpoint

There's a reason he always begs everyone to not mention anything political. And there is nothing more political in modern America than someone daring to not be born straight
Wow, I didn't figure you to treat someone like a piece of shit like this. I'd recommend putting me on your ignore list, and I'll do the same, and we don't have to cross paths again. Unless I'm missing some kind of joke, which by all means, PM me and let me know. You're also free to PM me and we can work this out as I'm sure it's a misunderstanding, but I expect you're not going to do that. Happy trails, pal.

dream

Did you guys not read my thesis on The New Kayfabe? It recontextualizes the last decade of pro wrestling.

imBask

Banned
if hate speech is what it takes for people to hate heels, i'm okay with it, considering wrestling it's a work of fiction and they're actors

if hate speech is what it takes for people to hate heels, i'm okay with it, considering wrestling it's a work of fiction and they're actors

It's not the 1980s anymore, LGBT people deserve respect even in wrestling, and we're done waiting on you to consider if we deserve it or not

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The things we've been talking about.

Lesnar calling Jericho gay slurs, Rollins having dated an uber racist, and Regal calling ZSJ's wrestling style "too gay".
I haven't read anything on Regal, that's really weird and wrong. Rollins dated an "uber" racist? We all make mistakes with people we aren't together with anymore. If Lesnar called Jerryco a fag, that's pretty despicable.

So who thinks I'm in support of this trash? If they do, they're an idiot and couldn't miss the mark any further.

Mahonay

Banned
Nah, it's not cool in any context in 2016. Also WTF are you talking about, the instances we are talking about are candid and not in character.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys not read my thesis on The New Kayfabe? It recontextualizes the last decade of pro wrestling.
It's completely what's going on here with Rollins, absolutely. We are one small jump away from WWE's Facebook comments.

Mahonay

Banned
I haven't read anything on Regal, that's really weird and wrong. Rollins dated an "uber" racist? We all make mistakes with people we aren't together with anymore. If Lesnar called Jerryco a fag, that's pretty despicable.

So who thinks I'm in support of this trash? If they do, they're an idiot and couldn't miss the mark any further.
People are upset that you are suggesting we are all being worked by "the new kayfabe". Or at least that's how the post came off.

EDIT:
I mean yes you are absolutely right with the Rollins injury stuff, and them working that into RAW last night. That is absolutely "new kayfabe".

I think you just made your post at a poor point in the discussion.

Zach

Not down. Partially because at least 40% of the crowd will not find hate speech to be a heel tactic.

Top Bottom