• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

cordy

Banned
I'll take "Things Vince McMahon Has Probably Said" for $200, Alex.

You know for a face that Vince has never heard of Pamela James lol. Naomi's out here swinging like she's gutter. I haven't seen any woman throw hands like that since high school.

I'm thoroughly impressed. She'd probably pull off the Boss gimmick better than Sasha. The problem with Sasha is that you can easily see when she turns the gimmick on or off and I don't know about anyone else but since she's moved onto the main roster it's gotten worse. She's great as a heel with it but as a face that kind of character should act different. I don't get it. She just needs to do something about her character.

You know for a face that Vince has never heard of Pamela James lol. Naomi's out here swinging like she's gutter. I haven't seen any woman throw hands like that since high school.

I'm thoroughly impressed. She'd probably pull off the Boss gimmick better than Sasha. The problem with Sasha is that you can easily see when she turns the gimmick on or off and I don't know about anyone else but since she's moved onto the main roster it's gotten worse. She's great as a heel with it but as a face that kind of character should act different. I don't get it. She just needs to do something about her character.

You'd be surprised. According to Meltz he had the idea to give Titus a "Bruh Man" gimmick but was talked out of it by Hunter.

Naomi could teach your boy a thing or two.
You'd be surprised. According to Meltz he had the idea to give Titus a "Bruh Man" gimmick but was talked out of it by Hunter.
Really??? I can see Angry Man, but not Bruh Man.
NQG22yc.gif

Pancake Patterson was basically Otis.

cordy

Banned

Holy shit. What's crazy is dude is still playing that character to this day.
Is that a Martin reference?

Yep.

Idk about anyone else but Naomi's always reminded me of Pam when she turned heel. I try to use any Pam references relating to her I can come up with. Sasha for example, her character reminds me of Gina whenever Gina's mad at Martin. The problem is she's not being Gina when she's not mad as a face, she's always got that character on for some reason.

Sasha is mad Gina. Naomi is Pam.
Naomi could teach your boy a thing or two.

Definitely lol.

Browny

Banned
That Tuesday morning after the last bank holiday of the year when you've been awake since 4am and there's no milk for tea in the office and then someone wants you to look at some work:

fuckoff.gif

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised and Owen's will win. They want people to talk about it and Rollins or reigns winning again isn't worth talking about.

You're fooling yourself. The sooner y'all stop trying to think what should happen will happen the more enjoyable the product will be.

Jericho will accidentally, or deliberately, cost Owens the match.

John Carlos 1-2-3 is going to laugh on all your bodies when Owens get that damn belt.

romanian reigns is always worth talking about

All of you jabronis need to know your role and shut your mouths! Next week we shall return to this page to pay respect to me and the new champion Kevin Owen's.
tumblr_mm8v8bltjM1rotdcto1_400.gif

You know I don't expect we'll even get any answers as to why Triple H interfered next week.
I'm willing to bet it's some NXT thing. I reckon it's going to be a weird face-intervention that makes no sense. Balor was injured, and he was NXT's brightest. Look to them pretending the shield didn't come up that way and Trips supporting KO etc to push that brand. My guess.

Hasney

I'm willing to bet it's some NXT thing. I reckon it's going to be a weird face-intervention that makes no sense. Balor was injured, and he was NXT's brightest. Look to them pretending the shield didn't come up that way and Trips supporting KO etc to push that brand. My guess.

They can't though, can they? Seth was talking about being the first NXT champion just 3 weeks ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Shield didn't come up that way.

The Shield came up because they were hired mercenaries. Ambrose never competed in NXT and Reigns lasted a whole month in NXT.

orioto

Good Art™
So i was thinking about something, but i can be totally wrong.

Put together the promo at the beginning, where Owens was let's say.. in a really joyful mood, even if he told some mean things to the others (but not so much ?), the "little kid got the biggest present of his life" look when he won, the first words after backstage (video with the photos) being "i gonna call my wife"...

Is this ? Did he turn already ? Probably not but... he was not terribly heelish yesterday for sure.

Anyway i was thinking again about what happened and i think they have a shot at surprising people and push legit Owens if they play the non authority figure. Basically have the authority try to control and maybe treat bad Owens cause of his weight. Like.. We see Steph refusing a magazine photo cover or something like "yeah we shouldn't show that "champ" too much. Maybe have Vince yelling at her like "did you see what this guy look ? Do you want to ruin the company ? I'm disappoint girl..." So for example Owens wants a celebration on RAW but they don't let him do etc.. And they obviously plan anything to have him drop the belt. But then Owens not only keep it, but defy their authority, stays on the ring for his celebration etc... Honestly, that's 200% guaranty success here. Gold recipe.

Plus they can get media exposure, mainstream medias, if they play the "a "normal" man is wrestling champ! (Like they probably did with Foley.. or Dusty Rhodes back in the day)
Thx me later WWE

The Shield didn't come up that way.

The Shield came up because they were hired mercenaries. Ambrose never competed in NXT and Reigns lasted a whole month in NXT.

Well, so there we go. (I mostly meant Rollins, as Reigns was obvs totally not the same in NXT.) Even if Trips says that Rollins was a sacrifice for NXT purity, I think there's probably an angle there.

Striker

If your 3 hour show needs the return of a guy people got sick of decades ago just to maybe possibly get ratings to stay the same (if not go up a tad) for the following week's 3 hour show, you have to be aware you fucked up something really bad somewhere down the road. Even if you'll never be able to admit it aloud to others because "it appears weak"
When the dude was champion for Mania season, the ratings did not rise substantially like they normally do. Not sure what to say if they expect any kind of ratings bump fpr September of all months--MNF is going to slaughter them. This is merely a ploy to keep the smarks in. Hence Owens is the title holder.

Personally, that was the perfect opportunity to turn Reigns heel and have Seth face. Have big nose screw him out and Reigns gets the pin. Double turn, fresh face + fresh heel.

kiguel182

That was a bad match with a cool ending. Yeah, it would be great for Owens to be dominating but whatever. At least there's a story here. Hopefully they won't drag it out and this culminates at Survivor Series but I'm not hopeful.

Jericho continues to be gold although winning against Neville seems a little too much.

I'm not sold on those Gallows/Anderson sketches at all. It wasn't a great Raw overall despite the ending.

So many of you guys have such a hate-on for Triple H. I assume I don't get it due to my not starting to watch WWE until 2012. Because I think he's great.

So many of you guys have such a hate-on for Triple H. I assume I don't get it due to my not starting to watch WWE until 2012. Because I think he's great.

I like him as well. He's a dick, but I far prefer his booking brain than Vince's, and I think he's put on some incredible matches in his career.

So i was thinking about something, but i can be totally wrong.

Put together the promo at the beginning, where Owens was let's say.. in a really joyful mood, even if he told some mean things to the others (but not so much ?), the "little kid got the biggest present of his life" look when he won, the first words after backstage (video with the photos) being "i gonna call my wife"...

Is this ? Did he turn already ? Probably not but... he was not terribly heelish yesterday for sure.

He's not turning I don't think. That promo was great, and his joyful mood was no doubt because it was the best day of his goddamn life. The way he said 'no one knows what's going to happen in the main event'... was when I really started to believe he actually did know what was going to happen in the main event.

Not in kayfabe, in realsies. KO the character was clearly shocked by HHH's actions.

Handing him the belt in this fashion is, imho perfect for his character. The promos... oh lord the promos.

Roman really needs to be back in development or something at this point. Spamming the hell out finishers is just boring as shit from a fan perspective.

I really don't know what to make of that finish other than the NXT angle.

Top Bottom