• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Reigns continues to conflict, I know the man has some neat moves up his non existent sleeves but god damn they just spammed the superman punch to the nth degree in that main event, it's like they're trying to make the man boring from every angle.

Also yay Owens.

orioto

Good Art™
He's not turning I don't think. That promo was great, and his joyful mood was no doubt because it was the best day of his goddamn life. The way he said 'no one knows what's going to happen in the main event'... was when I really started to believe he actually did know what was going to happen in the main event.

Not in kayfabe, in realsies. KO the character was clearly shocked by HHH's actions.

Handing him the belt in this fashion is, imho perfect for his character. The promos... oh lord the promos.

Yet i'm worried if they do it the wrong way. If theyr want Owens to be the corporate face and Rollins chasing against steph.. And i still don't think that's what happened. I think the story is Steph would have preferred Rollins to win. AND i think in that story, Owens is the fat guy who doesn't represent the company well. I can't see Rollins working a a face against him honestly... And we all know Owens will always be cheered no matter what..

I mean.. He was clapped when he eliminated Styles from the Rumble. He had "You deserve it" when Triple H gave him the Belt in the most screwy manner... That should tell WWE something lol..

bjork

So i was thinking about something, but i can be totally wrong.

Put together the promo at the beginning, where Owens was let's say.. in a really joyful mood, even if he told some mean things to the others (but not so much ?), the "little kid got the biggest present of his life" look when he won, the first words after backstage (video with the photos) being "i gonna call my wife"...

Is this ? Did he turn already ? Probably not but... he was not terribly heelish yesterday for sure.

You can be a heel without being a nasty asshole to everyone. What was he supposed to say, "I'm so happy, I'm gonna go home and beat my wife?" Even Hitler was married.

So many of you guys have such a hate-on for Triple H. I assume I don't get it due to my not starting to watch WWE until 2012. Because I think he's great.

You would be perfectly correct. Even if you went back and binge-watched his rise, it isn't the same because you can saw through the content more quickly. Early HHH is a good and fun character. DX HHH post-WM14 until about... maybe 2010, forget it.

klonere

Banned
HHH being third party with his NXT people in this whole brand split thing would be amazing but I don't think they have the creative capacity to do invasion angles in any sort of competent ways, especially "we've been here all along" invasion angle.

It's more fantasy booking from me than anything. I guess we are just getting The Authority all over again?

Meltz said Cesaro injury was a work

aMWqhdv.jpg
I can't believe you got worked. Brother, you're starting to get weak on me. I'm scared.

klonere

Banned
This is perfect underdog storytelling for Sami as well. You just beat your biggest career rival and he gets to skip the queue straight to the top because he's friends with the boss. Now you'll have to fight your way up the card yourself to reach him and the belt.

If they go in with this, it's 100% money and refreshes the feud. And by god do they like their easy repeat feuds.

#HopeEra

Whoo Owens!!! :D

I completely marked out.

First time in ages I've actually cheered for HHH lol.

I think I ruined it for my wife though. :( When they all got in the ring it was obvious HHH was gonna turn on Seth because he loves a SWERVE! I said he's gonna hit Seth and she's like "Huh?"

I really gotta learn to keep my know-it-all 'I've been watching this shit forever' comments to myself cause I think it can ruin to the moment. I forget she's a little bit it's still real to me dammit.

Oh well, still really happy for KO! :D

Yo, why did the camera go to the announce table in the middle of the 6 man mix tag match?

The match was ongoing and and was just Michael Cole saying shit that wasn't important.

Recall

Saw the RAW main event and I'm intrigued in what happens next between Foley, Steph and Triple H.

NXT will be a competing third brand? Triple H to be a fixer to Foley? What will happen next?

Either way it all has my attention. Yay for Owens as champ.

Yo, why did the camera go to the announce table in the middle of the 6 man mix tag match?

The match was ongoing and and was just Michael Cole saying shit that wasn't important.

NEW AND AWESOME CAMERA ANGLES! How that one ever got approved, I have no idea.

Does a likely Seth face turn mean no more douchebag Rollins laugh? :(

That's your lower back though, I'm sorry.

AKA the upper butt.

The point is, lumbar spine contusions are painful, but not serious. They are literally bruises. Bruises on the spine can be bad, I have two (on the thoracic spine) that healed into benign tumors, but they don't hurt. You'll see when Cesaro is on the show next week and has to forfeit to go 0-3.

Aiii

So not worth it
I would also be okay if this lead to a divorce angle between Steph and Hunter and they bring back Dr. Shelby for therapy sessions.

My favourite bit of the match: Owens slapping Reigns' chest and then selling how the armour - UGH - hurt his hand. People act like the armour doesn't exist most of the time - apart from the fans who want to know why a strong dude has to wear body armour to compete.

Hasney

I would also be okay if this lead to a divorce angle between Steph and Hunter and they bring back Dr. Shelby for therapy sessions.

You do realise you've just booked KO to be walking the dog while HHH and Steph feud, right? Not again.... Not like that...

Aiii

So not worth it
You do realise you've just booked KO to be walking the dog while HHH and Steph feud, right? Not again.... Not like that...

Oh, you guys don't figure that HHH's moves into a program with Seth/Steph and KO goes off to do his own thing from here on? That's what I figured.

Jamie OD

Even though the McMahon power struggle is in worn out territory there's a good dynamic in place after last night. We could get Owens on HHH's side and Seth on Steph's side with Foley trying to be neutral but giving leeway to Steph because he wants to believe she has good intentions. If WWE wasn't so bad at storytelling I would be a lot more excited too see what will happen next.

Zach

You suckers never learn. Looking forward to anything concerning Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. In the 21st century.

I still don't think Foley is a long term GM. I feel like he's only around while his show is on the air. Triple H won't be taking his place though.

NXT as a developmental minor league program has really worked. The only problem is, the Yankees' Triple A team doesn't have the ability to sell out Yankees stadium, while NXT can fill the same arena as Summerslam. They have a growing product on their hand and I think they want to evolve it at some point. I just hope they don't lose what makes NXT great in the process.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody watch Total Divas? I can't tell if Nattie being lame is a work of if she's really a closeted 70 year old crazy cat lady with zero self awareness irl and it's EATING ME UP INSIDE.

This show is single handedly justifying my Network sub atm. Cena is such a cuck

Aiii

So not worth it
Anybody watch Total Divas? I can't tell if Nattie being lame is a work of if she's really a closeted 70 year old crazy cat lady with zero self awareness irl and it's EATING ME UP INSIDE.

This show is single handedly justifying my Network sub atm. Cena is such a cuck

Sunny Mac and I have been advocating for Total Divas for ages, welcome to the club. TD is one, if not THE, best thing WWE does, though there's been a drop in quality last season, hope they can right the ship.

Nattie legit crazy, I'd say she has some manic tendencies. TJ is a trooper sometimes. He just lets her rave and rant as he sits on the kitchen counter eating cereal, he knows not to engage her.

Top Bottom